• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Will you make a new team for Kanto?

?Making a new team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    No, my team will carry over from Johto to Kanto. But against Red, I'm pulling out all the stops and importing my Lv100 powerhouses from Platinum to mop the cave floor with him.

Cloyster93

who's gun is this rifle?
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 24, 2015
    I'll probably keep my team the same for both regions. I'm hoping to build the same team as I had in the Gold and Crystal versions and see how I do this time around.

That's not to say I won't switch out one or two Pokemon just for some variety.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2016
    Right now i would say No, but who knows what happends when im playing

Years
    i came to my final conclusion,Im only keeping My Typhlosion and Ampharos in my party and im going to breed my Venasaur and Blastoise in Diamond and trade over their babys,then for the final two im going to use the snorlax outside of Diglett cave and either keep whatever flying type i have from Johto(probabaly Noctowl) or just get a pidgeot

Bart Crab

Time and some freedom...
    Years
    i'm keeping feraligatr, ampharos and noctowl, i might add arceus (michina event) or mewtwo.

Esmas

General
    Years
    Yep, I'm making a whole new team for Kanto. Here's what I have so far: Electabuzz, Xatu, Kangaskhan, Rhydon, Kingdra and Tangrowth. I might replace one of them with Togetic/Togekiss or Marill, though.

Kokuo

Ground Type Trainer
    Years
    Chances are I won't bother changing my team. I'd be too accustomed to my Johto team by then and wouldn't want to switch.

Years
    no. as soon as i can i'm going to trade low level pokemon from Pl to Ss. I'm going to use those pokemon throughout the whole game and then use them competively after i finish if their stats meet my expectations's which they should because i'm breeding them in Pl for the right natures. The way i see it, a whole second region to beat will make it much easier to train the 6 pokemon i choose. This time i'm going to level up without rare candy. it will keep me occupied with the game longer. Now, I just need to decide which 6 i will choose... :)

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Yeahhh.. I always start with a new team.

Although, I'm not the kind of person who plans out their team ahead of time.

The only thing I'm certain of is that it'll have Growlithe. >.>

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
    Well, never thought of it...I might do it for the fun of it. I always find thrill in training random teams. You should have put "maybe" on the poll.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2011
    MY old Team will be

Typhlosion@Heat Rock
    Hasty:Blaze
    64 Atk 188 Sp. Atk 252 Speed
    ~HP Ice
    ~Eruption/Overheat
    ~Sunny Day
    ~Focus Punch/Brick Break

Victreebell@Black SLudge
    Adamant:Chlorophyll
    122 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spd
    ~Sleep Powder
    ~Leaf Blade
    ~Encore
    ~Sucker Punch

Alakazam@Life Orb
    Timid:Synchronize
    252 Sp. Atk 252 Speed 6 Sp.def
    ~Knock Off
    ~Psychic
    ~Focus Blast
    ~Calm Mind

Dragonite@Leftovers
    Rash:Inner Focus
    112 Atk / 200 SAtk / 196 Spd
    ~Fire Blast
    ~Outrage
    ~Super Power
    ~Thunderbolt

Moltres@Heat Rock
    Modest:Pressure
    252 Sp.Atk 252 Speed 6 HP
    ~Sunny Day
    ~Solar Beam
    ~Overheat
    ~Roost

Post E4 It's looking like:

Superachi/Lead-Metagross
    Garchomp/E-Speed Dnite
    Bulky Zapdos
    Latias
    Rotom-X
    Dugtrio

Rettan

~Oddish_Smoker~
    Years
    Ill give it a try, its such an awesome idea! I would keep my starter, which is prolly chikorita (meganium by then)
    Good trainers take a good risk right? And it will be more adventurousthingyblabla :D

Chrono

\:D/
    Years
    Ill give it a try, its such an awesome idea! I would keep my starter, which is prolly chikorita (meganium by then)
    Good trainers take a good risk right? And it will be more adventurousthingyblabla :D

Hey! xD I'm starting out with Chikorita too :P I'm obsessed with grass starters, there our a few water ones that I like.

I think I'd keep my starter too, but I'd keep mine as a Bayleef, (everstones ftw) I"ll keep 2 other pokemon also, then decide what 3 new pokemon should be on my new team.

Esmas

General
    Years
    Made some changes and added the attacks.

Meganium - SolarBeam, Magical Leaf, Aromatherapy, Synthesis
    Shuckle - Power Trick, Bug Bite, Stone Edge, Flash
    Slowking - Zen Headbutt, Waterfall, Surf, Whirlpool/Psychic
    Forretress - Zap Cannon, Mirror Shot, Iron Defense, Rock Smash
    Magmar - Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Sunny Day, Strength
    Skarmory - Steel Wing, Air Slash, Fly, Cut

The reason I'm choosing these guys is for nostalgia; they were my favourite Pokémon about 10 years ago.

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
    Probably not, I normally have like 2-3 Main pokemon that I keep most of the game, and the other 3 normally just change throughout the game depending on what Im feeling for.

Usagi-Chan~

What are you doing my love?
    Years
    • Age 26
    • US
    • Seen Apr 7, 2024
    I'm making three teams, one with my Johto Starter, One with my Kanto Starter, and one with my Hoenn Starter~

Johto Starter:
    Typlosion
    Ampharos
    Noctowl
    Mantine
    Mamoswine
    Mismagius

Kanto Starter:
    Blastoise
    Raichu
    Fearow
    Arcanine
    Gengar
    Dragonite

Hoenn Starter
    Sceptile
    Manetric
    Swellow
    Gardevoir
    Milotic
    Lati@s/Metagross

Last edited:
    Years
    i kept my typhlosion and my poliwrath cuz thye were my 1st 2 pokemon in heartgold,then i caught snorlax for my team,im using the extremespeed Dratini(now dragonair) and i just migrated a lvl 3 pikachu from firered and i plan on making my eevee an espeon

Hydra

Poke'mon Master C:
    Years
    I switch around my team randomly already. I'm about half way through Kanto and I've used a few different ones. Usually keep Miltank, Vaporeon, Alakazam and Togetic though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back