• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen will you make your starter the strongest on your team

will you make your starter your strongest

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
  • Eh, not really. Depends on my mood.

Sometimes I will run through the game with only 1-3 Pokemon and they are an extremely high level, or I will play through the game, getting every item, battling trainers over again, with a team full of a variety of Pokemon and they are at a decent level.\

EDIT: And even sometimes I will just use my AR to gain Mega EXP so it isn't much of a hassle to train Pokemon.

Finnel

Years
  • I have no clue. I love Meganium, but I don't think it's something I would keep in the long run. I'd probably replace it with a Venusaur or a Cradily after some time. I don't know...

Thingula

How do you change this text?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    My starter almost always leads by at least 10 levels, just due to laziness :P

Years
  • Usually, my starter is the first or second best pokemon in my team.
    No doubt about it, Charizard, Typhlosion, Torterra, and Grovyle are my favorites.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    My training method is to train my team up in 5's, so for example if all my team are lv.10 i'll train one to 15 and then move to the next member so no my team will be equal, give or take.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    I used to do that a lot, but now I like to level them all up with each other. Grinding is a ***** though...

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
  • Level-grinding is a pain, but I would like my starter (Typhlosion) to be one of my toughest. But, it depends on what the game throws at me what Pokemon will be the toughest. (It certainly won't be a legendary).

Tox

fight me
    Years
  • Nah, I like to keep my team all the same. Sometimes my starter even falls behind. By the end, I'll probably have an Ampharos or Slowbro as my strongest. You'd never know. I don't really plan in out that well.

Ballzie

Get your hand off my Pokéballs
    Years
  • It always seems like I train my starter to be the best, and then around level 30 or so I start using a kadabra or ... some psychic pokemon all the time and they end up being 10 levels ahead and never catch up.

Eclipse Absol

♫ Shadows ♫
    Years
  • Nup, never do.

My starter is either the 2nd or 3rd strongest, and my strongest Pokemon would be one of my personal favorites, or an Absol (I looked up on Bulbapedia, and I saw in the Slowpoke Cave in Hg/Ss and there are Absols there! x3).

Last edited:
    Years
  • Before Whitney, yes. However, after that I'll have my Pokemon at around the same level. I go with my favorites, really. So yeah, Cyndaquil will be before Whitney. After that, I have no clue...especially in the Kanto Saga.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    My team has 6 pokemon, but I'll keep my starter 2 levels ahead until they reach 100

Okami Chi

El Guitar Man~
    Years
  • If I could make Meganium stronger than the Kingdra going on my team I would be happy, but because I don't think it's possible with IV and EV I'm going to say no, my starter will not be the strongest. :(

-Okami

Syphr

Happy to meet new people ^^
    Years
  • Nope, gonna keep it at level 5 until I beat the game and have time to EV train. I'm probably going to make a hypno, nidoking, furret, gyarados my strongest.

ji

derp.
    Years
  • nope, probably not. . A.
    I love my starters but I always wind up losing them at the end
    because I like other pokemon so much more. >A>;

Back