• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen will you use action replay

Sardonix

::Divinity AllSpark Holder::
    Years
    I don't even have one, so that's a no. It's cheating. Tis why it is called a cheat device. I used to use Gameshark all the time, but it took the fun out of raising Pokemon and actually getting items and money. The only time I ever use a cheat device is when I'm using an emulator, other than that, no.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2016
    Yep, but who cares. Yes it's cheating, but I wont be doing any WiFi battling anytime soon

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    I did use Action Replay but only as a booster at the beginning of the game. I ended up tossing most of my medicines and almost all of the Master Balls before using any of them (saving them).

I'll also use it if Event Codes become available (which could take some time) - I can't go over the Wifi in my house as I have a DS Lite and a WPA router, and I cannot go to any events because I don't know where they are and I can't justify the train fare on my wage just for events :/

BTW, what's with the Wild Pokemon Modifier? Under it, it says "DO NOT BREED - USE ONLY FOR EXPERIMENTAL PURPOSES". What, if I breed it, will it turn into a Bad Egg or something? Or is that just to try to discourage you from using it?

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    No, but I use it on my Platinum version for EV training. AR takes the fun out of Pokemon games for me... but I don't find EV training fun, so I have no problem hacking EVs

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    CoffeeWolf said:
    No, but I use it on my Platinum version for EV training. AR takes the fun out of Pokemon games for me... but I don't find EV training fun, so I have no problem hacking EVs

U R TEH CHEATAR! :D

Anyway, no I won't because I don't even own an AR, and I don't plan on getting one. I would get bored of the game so fast if I did.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    U R TEH CHEATAR! :D

Anyway, no I won't because I don't even own an AR, and I don't plan on getting one. I would get bored of the game so fast if I did.

LOL :laugh: it's true! But I don't give them EVs higher than what you get from training naturally.. if that makes sense :P

Sardonix

::Divinity AllSpark Holder::
    Years
    I don't think I'd use AR even if I had one available. Cheat devices just take the fun out of games like Pokemon where you know you'll completely SMASH everyone you battle against. Very predictable and boring after the first ten or so minutes. I just like to play games normally and enjoy them the way they were supposed to be enjoyed. That's just me, though.

Bird Keeper

Master of the Skies
    Years
    Once you buy a game, you own it, and anyone who thinks they have the right to tell you how or how not to enjoy it needs to get a life.

AR owners, do what you will. You're fine by me.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    I will only use an AR for the TM's or I could just grind in gaining money/BP on platinum to get the good TM's.

NatureKeeper

For me, when my cousin played with cheats and we quickly ran through Diamond, it was Booring. I don't have, neither will use one in SS.

Panique

BUGSY IS GAY FOR METAPOD
    Years
    Absolutely not! Cheating, pffshh.
    I think I may do it to get the Pokemon in Platinum that were event only. Considering I just got the game so it'd be impossible to get them legit.
    There are a lot of people here who will clone event Pokemon. I'm assuming that since you'd be okay with using AR to get them, you wouldn't have any problem with clones.

.тαмєя

Typloshion Lover :D
    Years
    • Age 26
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 9, 2010
    Nope, Why cheat it makes the game boaring!
    People who hack are actually No lifes who can't be bothered to train there own Pogeymonz I mean Geez :3

Back