• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Window Frames

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    In generations II through IV, you could change the window frame of the start menu/text boxes. Generation II had 8 frames, R/S/E had 20 frames to choose from, FR/LG had 10, and generation 4 had 60, but 20 per game, all different between D/P, Pt and HG/SS.

Did you change the frame from the options menu? If so, which ones did you set? Would you like to see this very, very small option return to Pokemon games?

I did actually change the window frame. I always use frame 5 or 18 in R/S/E, and frame 9 in FR/LG. In D/P, I usually use frame 14, and frame 15 in Platinum, as that one is really cute. I don't remember which one I set for HG/SS, I'll look later.

Btw, if you don't know what I'm talking about, and what the frames look like, here's the Bulbapedia article on it.

NobleDragonite

Ace-Trainer No.5634623
    Years
    I think that was interesting for me only in the first two generations. I played mostly with Frame 2. Personally, I think that it would not be so bad if every player could change his UI ingame to his liking. But there are Fangames in which you could incorporate such things.

Back