• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

WitchHunt - Endgame

Alex Kaz

#freecoffee
Years
  • Agreed with Abby. Makes it easier for the mafia to figure out who the king is. His only use is this court and three kills, let's not waste that.
    That said, I think there's a good chance the witches piled all their votes on one of their members, so I wouldn't be surprised if a witch is one of the court members. Really depends on how much votes were spread last night.

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • Overall, I have a strong townread on Abby. His posts, though on the most part short, have been frequent. I really think he's trying to find scum, so I'm not comfortable voting for him.

It's not a scumread, but Alex is looking really town to me, so I'm willing to trust him, I also agree with you on the Aaron front.

As for any others, I'm a tad sceptical of Ishi. Imo he's testing the waters by asking for scumreads, not asking for general reads. Perhaps he's hoping to bw if there's town on town conflict

Kiyotaka Ishimaru

Ultimate Moral Compass
    Years
  • Oh, the reason why I'm asking for scumreads is that we do have the intention of having a majority vote for this day, right? So, I'm hoping that we'd share intentions on who to vote.. Other than that, I'm open to general reads, as well.

As for my reads, I'm still currently townreading Abby and Ras, though it's still slight. I'm also slightly townreading Desinishon, but still unsure on that one.

As for scumreads, I don't literally have a scum read, but I've got a suspicion that at least one of those low post count guys is a witch.

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • Agreed about the low post count, even if you are town, post more, you're just being detrimental if you don't

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Abby youre too much. Though slight townread on you. Activity doesnt always equal the side you're on; you can be active and mafia leading everyone else bc you're one of the only ones posting. But you're also actively looking for reads so there you go.

I .. had more to say but jfc im in so much pain and at work rn and for what it was. Ill get back to you all later.

Kiyotaka Ishimaru

Ultimate Moral Compass
    Years
  • > I just realized it's been mostly Abby and me who've been discussing atm. Well, I'll be sleeping in a bit, so this will be my last post here for today.

Before that, though, I'd like to ask for a statement from someone who got warned for low post count.

[Vote] Hyper Morian

Alex Kaz

#freecoffee
    Years
  • Doof is being voted because of my post yesterday. I said I'm confident there's mafia in one of three back to back vote only posts, and I chose to vote doof.
    Everyone's willingness to vote him has me a bit hesitant to do so again today, however.

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • Doof is being voted because of my post yesterday. I said I'm confident there's mafia in one of three back to back vote only posts, and I chose to vote doof.
    Everyone's willingness to vote him has me a bit hesitant to do so again today, however.

Well i just wanted a lynxh, and doof voting was justified

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Well, the point of being active is that it is easier to have a read on people who are active. It's virtually impossible to figure out what side you're on if you don't post at all.
    I'm aware. Which is why activity isn't the only thing you should be looking at when making reads. Even if its harder due to lack of activity. Inexperienced mafia are often quiet but the more experienced ones can be chatty. Same goes for innocents. If my post didnt imply that i apologize.

Anyways i will look back myself when i can but who were the other two besides doof.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I was actually going to throw something like that in but i had already pressed send lmao rip. But no i agree and aware of that as well. If they dont post its a pain in the ass on all of us.

Superjolt

Put some [b][color=Red]color[/color][/b] in your l
    Years
  • Although, in a game like this we have no way of telling if we've caught a witch, I'm assuming some subtle flavour text hints? I'll read through again and tell you all my reads in a bit.
    No hints in phase posts here! This game is all about using deduction and hunting skills, discussion during the day is absolutely central to the game. I did not kid around when I posted the teaser for this! :)

Anyway, I like the activity so far guys! There's about 60-ish hours left in the day.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • Don't have many reads so far but I'm definitely leaning towards the judge being witch, or I think doof would have been killed.

So far I'm slightly townreading Alex and Abby.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Just a forewarning that I may have to withdraw from the game soon due to personal reasons, and I've already informed Superjolt of this. For now, though, I'm going to play and hope that these issues don't result in a drop in my activity level. If they do, well, yeah.

Anyways, a lot of people keep stating the obvious, or pointing out unhelpful things. It's often a sign of scum trying to look helpful while really having nothing to say, but it's also often just clueless town, so I'm not going to pin anyone for it just yet.

Also, considering how crucial to staying alive making at least four posts a day is, I'm just going to surmise that the inactives from the first day are more likely to be town than witches, but that's not solid either.

Just some fun discrepancies, more than likely meaningless
    At least they chose someone a little scummy
    Don't have many reads so far but I'm definitely leaning towards the judge being witch, or I think doof would have been killed.

So far I'm slightly townreading Alex and Abby.
    best I can do in this state right now. Don't really know what to make of anything right now myself, anyways.

Alex Kaz

#freecoffee
    Years
  • Idk, I've been thinking, and the more I look at this game and its roles, the more it feels hella refined. I get the feeling someone has worked really hard to balance this thing.
    My impression is that it's veeery role based (aka pretty good for UG), but at the same time it can be a harcore player fest, given how much you can theorize and make scenarios for just about everything.

Anyway, ranting aside, I noticed that except for the hunter, whose ability is situational, there are no other roles that can kill at night. So we can safely assume that the one who dies at night is surely aligned with town.
    The only exception to this is the court kill, but we will eventually get to know who was chosen by the court and filter the information accordingly.

Kiyotaka Ishimaru

Ultimate Moral Compass
    Years
  • I forgot to talk about this one. I think that there are other possibilities to the judge aside from being a witch:

1. A trigger happy Town who's willing to lynch anyone [One that hasn't been explored yet; there's a possibility that Mr Bardothren fits this one as I've read in other games that he's willing to shot a gun if he gets one]
    2. A Town who uses his/her own deductions to pass judgement [Abby's post may refer to this, "At least they lynched someone a little scummy"]
    3. A Witch who's planning to use Day to remove innocents and hoping to encourage that the Town will mislynch if the Town wants to majority vote. [Others have given their statements on this in previous pages]

Any of those are likely, but we might have something to go on if we discover their intent.

If what @Alex Kaz is correct, we can assume L'Belle was a Town. As for what role, we don't know yet.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Out of curiosity, why did you highlight my post?

Differing opinions? Jd mentioned that the judge could be witch but you said ec was a bit scummy. If the judge was a witch he wouldnt have picked another witch to kill.

Idk just a guess.

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
    Years
  • This wagon on me is pretty annoying, but hopefully I can turn it into something thats actually productive soon.

Scumread on Lycan, his posts are pretty weak and often just pointing out the obvious. Most players that say "darn X happened" or just say "dang what a night phase" and useless things along those lines generally show off scum. Basically in line with what naku said earlier, just showing an example that really stuck out to me.

Lycan said:
    Blasted hidden death messages, there's no way to know if we're on the right track or not. Either way, we should definitely push for a majority lynch today.

Sorry if my formatting isn't as convenient as it normally would be, on a mac and doing most things is kind of a pain

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • Agreed with Abby. Makes it easier for the mafia to figure out who the king is. His only use is this court and three kills, let's not waste that.
    That said, I think there's a good chance the witches piled all their votes on one of their members, so I wouldn't be surprised if a witch is one of the court members. Really depends on how much votes were spread last night.

I have to agree with this. With this much people around, there's a high chance of the witches putting all their votes into one people among them. Let's just hope we've got a sensible council.

I've got a slight scumread on Ishi because of his proposal to reveal court votes. Neutral on everybody else.

Back