• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Wont save

Pokefan2008

Objection!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2008
    o somethings wrong with it then,is it used,has to be,bet the person used it for 6 years,also i do not think they make that game any more

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    The problem usually with the older GBC and GB games right now is the internal battery. After being around for so long, those batteries that causes the save files to stay usually run out and then are unable to save. The way to fix this is by replacing the battery after opening the case and installing a new battery.

Was the one you bought brand new? Seeing as I'm pretty sure they no longer make those anymore...

Pokefan2008

Objection!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2008
    Ok, the answer here is that the games battery has run dry. The game uses a battery to keep the save data memory active when youre not playing it. When this battery gets low or runs dry it is unable to store its save data anymore. It is possible to replace the battery but you have to take it into an electronics store (I took mine into a battery store) and hope that they have the right battery it needs.

from a guy in yahoo

nrox653

What should I put here...
    Years
    Well, just like the other people said, you need to get the right kind of battery and replace the old one. I'm not exactly sure which type of battery fits, and it's really risky as you might screw up with the electrical tape or the soldering gun and damage the game. It's best to go to GameStop or some other game store and ask them if they can replace it for you. And eh, I seem to recall getting a dead Crystal version when I bought a used one, and I think they replaced the battery so it would work again.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    Ive also heard that if you leave your game on until you game gets up to 100 hours of play, it re-charges the battery for a period of time.(When doing Plug your gameboy in though, don use batterys when doing this)

could anyone confirm this ?

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    Ive also heard that if you leave your game on until you game gets up to 100 hours of play, it re-charges the battery for a period of time.(When doing Plug your gameboy in though, don use batterys when doing this)

could anyone confirm this ?

False, completely false. How would a bettery get more charge?

Back