• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Woo! Lightball Pikachu!

Koyan

Ghost/Dark Trainer
Years
  • So... I've never actually attempted to capture a Pikachu that held a Light Ball, so I'm not particularly sure it wasn't possible in b/w and b/w2... But I caught one by accident. ( And immediately pondered my luck, and asked myself, in a tearful manner, why I received a lightball Pikachu, but haven't been graced with the blessing of witnessing the beauty of a wild shiny since Gen 3.. )

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • It seems quite common for them to hold it this generation. I've caught a few like this.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    What is so special about this? I don't understand.

Songbird

Tonight, the marigolds bloom for her.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2024
    What is so special about this? I don't understand.

The Light Ball doubles Pikachu's Attack and Special Attack. Having a Pikachu or Raichu bred while holding the Light Ball is also the only way to get a Pichu with Volt Tackle -- the Double-Edge of Electric-type attacks.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Maybe I should try, I am not a huge fan of Raichu, but I am waiting for the Special Event Pikachu that serebii said something about before the games came out before I train one. Pikachu is pretty powerful with Light Ball, but fragile as heck.

James

Make it double!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2017
    Correct me if my math is incorrect here, but if i have a 5% chance of catching a pikachu with a light ball, and i catch 20 pikachus, shouldnt at least one of those pikachus be holding a light ball. Because let me tall ya something, ive got over 40 pikachus that ive caught over the last hour and i havnt gotten a single lightball.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
    Years
  • Correct me if my math is incorrect here, but if i have a 5% chance of catching a pikachu with a light ball, and i catch 20 pikachus, shouldnt at least one of those pikachus be holding a light ball. Because let me tall ya something, ive got over 40 pikachus that ive caught over the last hour and i havnt gotten a single lightball.

You are wasting your pokeballs like that!Just get an Espurr with covet and use it on the Pikachus of the forest.Make sure the espurr isnt holding anything so it can steal the light ball from the Pikachus.

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2013
    where are you catching your pikachu's? maybe its in a certain place that when you farm them the chances are higher. I just bought pokemon Y 30 mins ago and i got a pikachu from the forest but it had no items to it.

Peter Quill

Star-Lord, Legendary Outlaw
    Years
  • Here's what I do to farm Light Balls.
    I have a Static Pikachu as lead and a Pumpkaboo with Frisk.
    Static increases the chance of encountering Electric-types and Frisk shows if a Pokemon has a held item and what held item it is.

Happy Light Ball hunting :D

James

Make it double!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2017
    Here's what I do to farm Light Balls.
    I have a Static Pikachu as lead and a Pumpkaboo with Frisk.
    Static increases the chance of encountering Electric-types and Frisk shows if a Pokemon has a held item and what held item it is.

Happy Light Ball hunting :D

I started out doing that. had a pichu in the front and used an alakazam with theif. then i started catching them all.

finally after a 4 hour endeavor i lifted a lightball off a pikachu with theft. not before using 50 ultraballs and filling up a box and a half with pikachus.

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    What this tells me is that they don't plan to release an Event Pikachu and, with Pikachu being so early in the game (similar to the first generation in fact, though much rarer then), wanted players knowing about the Volt Tackle tidbit to be able to breed it immediately. Hence why the Daycare is there so early; let's be honest, you don't think it's there just to breed Vivillon, do you?

Now that I know the Light Ball is in the coding this way, I'm going back with a move to steal it while simultaneously destroying it.

MUCH LATER EDIT: Pikachu is a pain to encounter due to rarity. Only encountered four or five this evening and its rarity is shared with the three "sage" Pokémon in the forest. None had a Light Ball. I will keep trying.

Last edited:
    Back