• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wood Type Pokemon?

Would you like there to be Wood type?

• Yes

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • No, there are already too much types

Votes: 19 82.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ayselipera

Since wood comes from a tree which is a plant.

Unless your pokemon were actually chopped up boards and chairs.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    It's basically an extension of Grass-types. Seeing as Snover and Abomasnow are clumped into Grass as well, I think the existing Grass-types sort of include the wood-bearing Pokémon.

And besides, who apart from the Snover line and Shiftry would go under 'Wood' anyway?

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    It's basically an extension of Grass-types. Seeing as Snover and Abomasnow are clumped into Grass as well, I think the existing Grass-types sort of include the wood-bearing Pokémon.

And besides, who apart from the Snover line and Shiftry would go under 'Wood' anyway?

I'd imagine Torterra would be as well. I'm against the idea because Wood pretty much equals Grass.

TheAliveTrain

I love *splashes* Magikarps
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2009
    Sudowoodo, Torterra, Pineco, Exeggutor (can't spell)

Anyway, the Grass type should be known instead as Plant type, as it is on Spain, and maybe other countries. Because if so, there should be a flower type for Roselia, Belossom and stuff, because they are NOT grass, they are flowers, and so on.

Grass includes everything related to plants, as trees, flowers and maybe other stuff I can't remember now.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    doesn't grass = wood?
    like i'd be the same basic idea ya' know?
    so any plany based pokemon is pretty much grass typed >3<

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Nomnomnomnomnomnomnom-no.

Grass is dumb enough already. We don't need something else for fire types to own.

peteron85

Pokemon trainer
    Years
    The problem with them making a wood type is that so many pokemon suitable for that type are already grass types, which means they would have to change a lot, including adding new stats, weaknesses, immunities, and advantages. And someone mentioned sudowoodo being eligable earlier. Well sudowoodo is a ground type, and its name means "Fake Wood" because it mimics a tree, so it would not be suitable for this type. I dont know about wood, but i would like to see a light yype pokemon group as well because they have dark already

TheAliveTrain

I love *splashes* Magikarps
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2009
    The problem with them making a wood type is that so many pokemon suitable for that type are already grass types, which means they would have to change a lot, including adding new stats, weaknesses, immunities, and advantages. And someone mentioned sudowoodo being eligable earlier. Well sudowoodo is a ground type, and its name means "Fake Wood" because it mimics a tree, so it would not be suitable for this type. I dont know about wood, but i would like to see a light yype pokemon group as well because they have dark already
    It's my opinion, and by the way, sudowoodo is a Rock type Pokémon, not ground ;)

Back