• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

World Cup South Africa 2010

Who will win?

• Total voters

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    People seem to be forgetting how fantastic Brazil is at Soccer. Personally, I'm hoping Australia or England win it but I know neither of them will.

Ever since Argentina won over England because Diego Maradona handed the ball into the goals in the World Cup Quarter Final, I've hated them.

Years
    i really must agree and that goal by mexico was just plain embarrassing for the South African Goalie...

Well, considering there were 3 Mexican players in front of goal, there was always going to be a goal. It was POOR defending.

I could see they were trying to pull off a offside trap, but it failed horribly =[

Years
    South Africa very lucky to get away with that point.

Their midfield actually looks pretty solid but their defence is a shambles. Sort the defending and they could impress me a bit.

I think the result was fair, Mexico should have done a bit more to earn a win.

Great match overall bring on France-Uruguay.

I'll do my general sweep through everyone's comments next time I post. :D

Years
    I think they are lucky to get a point too, unlucky they hit the post in the last few minutes. I actually yelled "NOOOOOOOOOOO" haha.

Can't wait for this second match tonight!

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2010
    Mexico should have won we did alot of mistakes missed a lot and overall we played better but you don't win by just playing better you need to score.

Dos Santos best player of Mexico so far and I can't believe Perez is the goalie Ochoa should have started.

I'm half Mexican so I tend to go to my Mexican side rather then my american one. I just feel that we should have one and now we need to keep an eye on our next rival France, because that game is really important.

Years
    Screw quoting anyone.

Mexico should have won we did alot of mistakes missed a lot and overall we played better but you don't win by just playing better you need to score.

Dos Santos best player of Mexico so far and I can't believe Perez is the goalie Ochoa should have started.

I'm half Mexican so I tend to go to my Mexican side rather then my american one. I just feel that we should have one and now we need to keep an eye on our next rival France, because that game is really important.

I didn't think Mexico played too much better, it was pretty even after the early stages.

Dos Santos was good, I wish you had played Guardado from the start and not brought on Blanco.

I want to see more of Hernandez given his impending move to Manchester United.

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
    Years
    Well, first match went by! I can't believe it. South Africa actually played quite well. It ended up as 1-1, but I was surprised. If they're that good then how come they never entered a World Cup before? I'm getting confuzzled now!

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2010
    Screw quoting anyone.

I didn't think Mexico played too much better, it was pretty even after the early stages.

Dos Santos was good, I wish you had played Guardado from the start and not brought on Blanco.

I want to see more of Hernandez given his impending move to Manchester United.
    Mexico missed a lot Nuke and had more chances in the first half. Blanco is slowing down because of the age. Guardado shouldn't be playing a different position he should play his natural position. I want to see more of Hernandez as well, but I can defiantly tell you Hernandez will do well in Manchester United he played pretty good in the Mexican League.

Your thoughts on the goalie situation Nuke?

Ctrl Alt Del

The problem with society.
    Years
    God damn i hate them horns, what a racket. A fine goal though and an excellent way to start the World Cup. Not a bad celebration either :D.

Years
    Mexico missed a lot Nuke and had more chances in the first half. Blanco is slowing down because of the age. Guardado shouldn't be playing a different position he should play his natural position. I want to see more of Hernandez as well, but I can defiantly tell you Hernandez will do well in Manchester United he played pretty good in the Mexican League.

Your thoughts on the goalie situation Nuke?

Perez obviously isn't the right build for a goalkeeper but I dont know too much about him or your other options?

The rest must be pretty bad to play someone who looks so out of place. Otherwise, I just don't see why they'd play him.

God damn i hate them horns, what a racket. A fine goal though and an excellent way to start the World Cup. Not a bad celebration either :D.

I know, was so odd to have that sound through my tv the whole match. All I could see on my Facebook home were people complaining.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    I think it's great Mexico didn't win. Everyone was expecting them to, and it's awesome to see the 'underdog' team prove themselves like South Africa did tonight. Not to mention SA had a lot of pressure on them, being in South Africa and it being the first game.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2010
    Yea I agree not just because Ochoa plays for my favorite team but he is a really great goalie and so is the other one Luis Michel.

Aguirre chose Perez because that was his goalie in the 2002 World Cup. It's a mistake that's going to cost us in the long run.

Nuke your thoughts on England vs U.S lol @ my bro wearing his Donovan U.S jersey. Were all divided one side of the family is going for Mexico the other side is going for the U.S.

Years
    I thought it was a good game, i believe mexico should have won i had no idea you can be offsides for a corner kick? their goal that wasn't counted. South Africa does need to work on defence and i was saying it was embarrassing because it went right above him after he slid.

Years
    Ochoa is a very capable goalkeeper, i have no idea why they chose Perez over him.

Yea I agree not just because Ochoa plays for my favorite team but he is a really great goalie and so is the other one Luis Michel.

Aguirre chose Perez because that was his goalie in the 2002 World Cup. It's a mistake that's going to cost us in the long run.

Nuke your thoughts on England vs U.S lol @ my bro wearing his Donovan U.S jersey. Were all divided one side of the family is going for Mexico the other side is going for the U.S.

Sounds like there is a bias toward Perez from Aguirre. Could cost you a place in the last 16 never mind in the long run.

Well things haven't been going to well with us, Ferdinand replaced with a much less able centre back and Barry out. Nevermind that with Ferdinand out bloody Gerrard is captain so, USA could sneak something but I doubt it. Classic England edgy, nervous 1-0 victory I predict.

Back