• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

World Cup South Africa 2010

Who will win?

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2010
    Mexico we played brilliantly and we did what we needed to do. Mexico the player the coach knew this was a do or die situation and they responded well. Hernandez great goal I thought he was offside for a second and Blanco with experience made the penalty. We defended well and...

ARRIBA MEXICO.

Years
    France were absolutely terrible. Might a case of all the egos clashing, they do have an insane amount of big name players.

They should play people like Valbuena who don't have as big a reputation and also less ego without sacrificing quality.

Fair play to Mexico and Hernandez looking like a good piece of business for us. :P

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    Ireland would have done far better at the World Cup than France did. At least the Irish wanted to do well.

Years
    Ireland would have done far better at the World Cup than France did. At least the Irish wanted to do well.

Its such a shame to be honest. Ireland could have been a big surprise.

With the 23 man squad France have I'd suggest playing (main aim getting rid of the egomaniacs and overrated players):

GK: Lloris
    RB: Sagna
    CB: Squillaci
    CB: Planus
    LB: Clichy (As much as I like Evra he doesn't seem to click for France)
    DM: Toulalan
    DM: Diarra
    RM: Valbuena
    LM: Malouda
    AM: Gourcuff
    ST: Henry (They have a good pool of strikers but Domenech has picked some bad ones so from the awful choice available I go for the only one who ever seems to have scored consistently for his nation)

That might get them somewhere but no doubt they'll play the big names.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2010
    France were absolutely terrible. Might a case of all the egos clashing, they do have an insane amount of big name players.

They should play people like Valbuena who don't have as big a reputation and also less ego without sacrificing quality.

Fair play to Mexico and Hernandez looking like a good piece of business for us. :P

Intresting fun fact.

Hernandez Grandfather Don Balcazar scored in a world cup against France and now his Grandson does it. Mexico played very well.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    Who thinks Uruguay against Mexico will be a boring 0-0 draw that gets them both through?

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    I want both teams to draw, becauseI want the French to go out but I'd rather a 2-2, like Sweden against Denmark in Euro 2004 than a 0-0.

Blackhebrew2

Epic Banana Ninja!
    Years
    It's like they don't care (France of course) but it's mainly because the French as a whole don't seem to like their soccer team. (That's what the Irish analists said,and they are all over the Paris incident.) I do feel a bit sorry for France,even though I am Irish,but they did not give 100% and therefore have probally failed.

jjeangi

It's me...
    Years
    Not to mention, the whole team absolutely hates the coach. He didn't even play Thierry Henry or Karim Benzema today...

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I'm going to laugh if Mexico beat Argentina. I dunno why. But this cup is looking interesting.

jjeangi

It's me...
    Years
    I'm going to laugh when England loses to or ties with Algeria. :/ C'mon Algies, I don't know any of you guys but do it for me ok? :D

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I have to get up at 12:15 am to see England's game :/
    Germany vs. Serbia is about to start. I think Germany should win easily.

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
    Years
    I totally agree that France sucks and I won't support them anymore until they change their manager. It disgusts me.

Anyways, woot for Serbia! Surprise us like Japan and Switzerland did!

Back