• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

World Cup South Africa 2010

Who will win?

• Total voters
    Years
    What the hell are we playing at?

Its not like we were even just terrible in front of goal, we didn't even create chances.

Capello honestly isnt living up to reputation at the moment, unwilling to change tactics (to the point of making Rooney go wide!?) and what was bringng Lennon off all about? Lennon easily one of the best players on the pitch and seemed to be all over the pitch playing well.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    England was a disappointment, but Algeria stood out quite well :/

Years
    Over-paid bunch of useless MORONS!
    That was the worse team performance of the whole flaming tournament.

Absolutely ashamed to be English on the back of that performance.

FizzleBizzle666

Resurgam--> i shall rise again
    Years
    the way England just played Algeria was completely piss poor but the only way now we can go through is if we win against Slovenia and USA lose to Algeria. but personally i think spain will win this year.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2010
    My feeling is that England played ok and well just that. Maybe it's the pressure, but I just think every opponent should be treated with respect look at what happened to Spain. I just think sure if your country is a powerhouse cool but don't go saying other countries are playing mild when your country team isn't even playing at anything.

I thought Rooney would make a difference.

Years
    America played too complacently in the first half against Slovenia. It was a good rally, but seriously, they have to stop letting themselves fall behind early.

I'm really happy about the possibility of England not making it out of the group stages, though.

Years
    America played too complacently in the first half against Slovenia. It was a good rally, but seriously, they have to stop letting themselves fall behind early.

I'm really happy about the possibility of England not making it out of the group stages, though.

Gee thanks.

It is shameful though especially when you think we created the game.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2010

The problem with the U.S strategy is a wait n see. They close the spaces don't let the rival play and counter alot, but I do hope U.S makes it to the next round.

Ctrl Alt Del

The problem with society.
    Years
    England are shocking, they have a dream team and can't perform? Must be pressure or fear of losing because they were ruthless in the qualifiers. They need to change something. Could barely create anything against a lesser team, but hey, im a Scot i love seeing England fail.

Anyways well done USA for earning a point should have won the game, no idea what the ref saw as a foul, c'est la vie.

bandgeek219

Germany for World Cup!!
    Years
    I just realized that England, France, Spain, and Germany could realistically be done after the group stages. This prospect has me very giddy for some reason.

I know. I can't believe Germany lost, especially after that fantastic first game against Aus.

How about that call against USA's third goal today?

jjeangi

It's me...
    Years
    The Dutch get Arjen Robben back tomorrow. That's the word on the street. He surprised everybody by coming to practice fit today. His hamstring injury should be very very close to being fully (if not already fully) healed by now.

For tactical reasons, I don't think Coach van Marwjick is going to start Robben though...
    1st. Even though Robben's feeling fine, the tear might be still there slightly even though he can't feel it and he could aggravate it.
    2nd. Probably doesn't want to risk that because they WILL need Robben for later matches, but now they're just fine without him.
    3rd. Robben will probably sub in for somebody, most likely Kuyt or Elia if they choose to start Elia over VDW, in the second half. An Arjen Robben with fresh legs will be extremely dangerous on the right flank against the tired Japanese defenders.

3rd case, most likely scenario imo

It would be an exaggeration to describe this as a grudge match, but Holland are unlikely to have won many new friends in Japan during the build-up to this game.
    Van Marwijk first met Japan manager Takeshi Okada at the World Cup draw in Cape Town last December, but mistook him for a Fifa official and asked for Okada. Well that "official" was Okada.

This is despite having played them in a friendly three months prior.

Last edited:

bandgeek219

Germany for World Cup!!
    Years
    Wouldn't have mattered had they not played so poorly in the first half.

True. I was extremely disappointed with USA first half. It was still a heartbreaker though that they couldn't completely finish their comeback after they actually brought some good game the second half. I think it was the only time I was excited watching USA play.

Oh well. What's done is done :/

Back