• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

World Cup South Africa 2010

Who will win?

• Total voters

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Well, now that I'm using my main account and less excited, just have to say: the best moment in the mact was the Portuguese anthem. All the players were singing it with passion, and then the camera focused on Ronaldo who was the only one who wasn't singing at all XD Was a nice hilarious moment to break the tense feeling around.

Also, it was fun to watch my hardcore Real Madrid supporter friends cursing at Pepe every time he did a half-yellow foul and Ronaldo every time he dived. Funny how life works.

jjeangi

It's me...
    Years
    RONALDO is the next James Bond. :P

He fell every time he got touched...

I don't really like Portugal, but I wish they had upset the Spaniards..

I'm getting really nervous about the Netherlands Brazil Matchup.. :S

Anyways, my quarterfinal predictions:

Uruguay vs. Ghana
    Netherlands vs. Brazil

Germany vs. Argentina
    Paraguay vs. Spain

Last edited:

TheReal

Epic Member
    Years
    No, Ronaldo is very known as a diver, but most of the times the referees don't do nothing. But the Capdevilla acting that made Ricardo Costa had a red card was sublime. When he retires, acting could be a career for him.

Predictions:
    Uruguay vs. Ghana
    Netherlandsvs. Brazil

Germany vs. Argentina
    Paraguay vs. Spain

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
    Predictions:
    Uruguay vs. Ghana
    Netherlands vs. Brazil

Germany vs. Argentina
    Paraguay vs. Spain

Yeah, I really think that Paraguay will beat Spain.

Ivysaur

Years
    No, Ronaldo is very known as a diver, but most of the times the referees don't do nothing. But the Capdevilla acting that made Ricardo Costa had a red card was sublime. When he retires, acting could be a career for him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bzQtqwsQHQ

Watching this video, you get some doubts about the "diving".
    But I don't think we'll ever agree on what happened.

loliwin

→ Level 69
    Years
    Here is my quarterfinal predictions:
    Uruguay vs. Ghana
    Netherlandsvs. Brazil

Germany vs. Argentina
    Paraguay vs. Spain

GHANA AND GERMANY FTW

jjeangi

It's me...
    Years
    The Netherlands has the quality to beat Brazil and we are better in midfield (arguably) and in attack but definitely not in defence. So that is why we must concentrate in attacking Brazil and scoring first because that will open up spaces in their defense and Robben, Sneijder, Van Persie, Kuyt and Van der Vaart or Elia from the bench can benefit from that. We must be very careful in the back and Heitinga, Mathijsen, Van der Wiel and Gio must not make any mistakes. They will be costly and Brazil will capitalize. It will be a game of details and I am confident we will win and if we do so we will be in the final because I believe we are superior than Uruguay and Ghana. We have to avoid extra time and shoot outs.

Stekelenburg, the goalkeeper is good, but not amazing. I think Julio Cesar would out perform him in the penalties...

I was reading this article:

I thought I'd share it with you,

Three Reasons why the Netherlands will beat Brazil.
    1) Brazil's formidable defense contains one major weakness: left-back Michel Bastos. He has not impressed so far this tournament and has only kept his place because his cover is aging journeyman Gilberto, whose inclusion in the squad highlighted the paucity of options in a position long-owned by the imperious Roberto Carlos. This flaw in the Seleção's rearguard is exacerbated by the tactical freedom granted to Robinho further forward on the left. He loves to roam in-field, often to devastating effect. But when Brazil loses the ball with him out of position, the already limited Bastos is left isolated.

2) In Arjen Robben the Dutch have the ideal player to expose this Brazilian weakness on the left. The Dutch were rather flat in their first two games in which Robben was rested in order to give him time to recover from injury. But he came on in the final group game and quickly livened things up, smacking a post with Klaas-Jan Huntelaar scoring from the rebound. Against Slovakia he scored the opener with a goal that must be giving nightmares to Brazil. Robben collected a long ball out on his right and then ripped his way through the left side of the Slovakian defense before slotting it home. He will relish running at Bastos. Never short of confidence, in his minutes on the pitch so far Robben has looked like one of the few stars ready to live up to the pre-tournament hype.

3) The Netherlands got a huge boost on Wednesday when Elano was ruled out for Brazil after failing to recover in time from the injury he received June 20 against the Ivory Coast. The midfielder is fundamental to Coach Dunga's tactical scheme and has been a constant presence during his tenure. His discipline and work ethic – attributes that quicken Dunga's pulse – are what allow players like Kaká and Robinho the freedom to push forward. But he is no mere water carrier. Elano also chips in his own fair share of goals – nine in 46 games for his country, including one each in his two appearances so far this World Cup. Dani Alves will take his slot – for any other team a world-class replacement – but without Elano, Brazil loses its fluidity

Last edited:

Fire Wolf

Years
    Went, guess what? Netherlands got their equalizer with a Felipe Melo own goal. He heads the ball in the net from a Wesley Sneijder cross. Julio Cesar tried to save it but he couldnt and the ball goes in from Melo's head. Its Brazil 1-1 Netherlands now.

Edit: Oh my god, its Brazil 1-2 Netherlands! Sneijder takes advantage of sloppy Brazillian defending and Holland lead!

Brazil, equalise, please...

Edit2: Things worse for Brazil, they're 10 men with Melo sent off. First Melo headed in an own goal, then got sent off. Great perfomance, Melo.

Last edited:

Fire Wolf

Years
    Netherlands win 2-1! Every Dutch is mad on the pitch. Brazil knocked out in the quarters - yet again. The Brazillians are pretty disappointed and Oranje are jubilant.

Brazil were much better in the first half but after Melo's own goal, they played inferior to the Dutch.

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
    Years
    WOOHOOOO!!!! IM SO HAPPY HOLLAND WON!!!! THATS A SLAP IN THE FACE TO THOSE EFFING BRAZILIAN PLAYERS YESSSSS

Now I'm sure Holland will make it to the finals. The only problem I see is that so many players got a yellow card that the good players won't make it xD

Fire Wolf

Years
    I'm happy as I'm now supporting Uruguay. If Uruguay beat Ghana (which they should), we get Netherlands, who I would prefer over Brazil anyday.
    Also, Capello will remain England's manager, FA has confirmed.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    Why do I have to like all the teams still in the tournament?

All of them have good and bad points. I just can't decide.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I was supporting Netherlands, but I felt bad for Brazil and how they struggled in the lat minutes. It was an awesome game though.

Ivysaur

Years
    Well, I can just say: Sneijder and Robber turned the match upside-down. Seeing Brazil die slowly in utter desperation was way more exciting than I expected XD

Dunga must be happy, he killed the beautiful Brazilian style to ensure a victory and ended up losing way earlier than expected. Serves him well.

Since 2008, I wanted a Brazil - Spain in the World Cup final. But, a couple of weeks ago, I started favouring Holland instead. Hopefully they'll be there. And, if we lose before that day, they'll win it instead.

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
    Years
    OH NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM SOOOOOOOOOOOOO ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GHANA WHY???????????????????

I'm so pissed at Gyan. Why couldn't that ***** score that penalty before? **** man!!!

Back