• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen World-wide wi-fi trading

Who thinks that World-Wide trading is an awesome feature.

• I think it's awesome!!

Votes: 60 83.3%
  • It's Okay...

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • It's stupid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • World-wide trading? What's that?

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen May 30, 2007
    Where do you see Stunky and Cranidos? Those are the only two besides Dialga that I need to trade for. Everything else I'll catch / transfer over from GBA myself.

On marriland.com, there's a walkthrough and one of the chapters is a list of all the sinnoh pokemon and where you can see them.

https://pokemon.marriland.com/diamond_pearl/walkthrough

A trainer in the Lost Tower has stunky which is before the 3rd gym, and the first gym leader has cranidos.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2010
    About the WFC.....

So I have a quick question:
    Does the WFC support random wifi battles similiar to Mario Kart DS or can we only play people with shared friend codes?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2010
    Thanks for the quick response. Well that kinda sucks as i was hoping to play online for replay value. Oh well better get some friends to buy a ds then.

Paranoia

FC: 1375 3660 8982
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    Random trainer battles aren't supported on these games - instead, you must upload your Pokémon to the Battle Tower, which means people you challenge, or those who challenge you, are computer-controlled. Friend code battles are live battles, however.

Isn't there a place called the Battle Tower WiFi Room, where it is actually possible to battle random people?

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2007
    Thanks for the quick response. Well that kinda sucks as i was hoping to play online for replay value. Oh well better get some friends to buy a ds then.
    Don't forget you can challenge people on this here forum, and probably lots of others as well :3

MetafreakJT

Go Lakers!
    Years
  • wifi question

ok lets see. ihave a wireless adapter for my laptop. will wifi use thatalso? i mean will i be able to connect to wifi using the wireless router?

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    ok lets see. ihave a wireless adapter for my laptop. will wifi use thatalso? i mean will i be able to connect to wifi using the wireless router?

All you need is the wireless router and you should be fine. The instructions for wi-fi can be found on the nintendo website.

Guitarist Sean

Floe Island Charmander Breeder
    Years
  • About the DS WiFi adaptor...

Not sure where this would go, so I posted it here. Does it require Windows XP? Because I'm running Windows 2000 and I'll be pretty bummed if I have to walk down to my local McDonalds just to play online.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Isn't there a place called the Battle Tower WiFi Room, where it is actually possible to battle random people?

That's precisely what Hiroshi Sotomura mentioned - there's no other way to battle random people without having to download their teams.

Not sure where this would go, so I posted it here. Does it require Windows XP? Because I'm running Windows 2000 and I'll be pretty bummed if I have to walk down to my local McDonalds just to play online.

I'm pretty sure it's capable of running on Windows 2000; that is, if the program itself doesn't have any sort of OS detection itself.

Back