• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Worst Gym Leader

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
    Out of the sixteen Gym Leaders in HG SS, Which one was the worst, the one who would lead you to swearing at your DS for hours at a time, or was just a bad character. Personally, i think the worst gym leader was Chuck, i really don't know why, but he just got on my nerve, and took me a lot of time cause my stupidity led me to him with a team with a fighting type disadvantage. (even though i had a flying pokemon, one rockslide, and bye bye pidgeot)

SuperSaiyanII

Cool Story Bro!!
    Years
    I have to say Chuck too because his hypnosis/focus punch strategy would always tear through my team unless I have an Ampharos. He also doesn't have much of a social life either because the guy never leaves the gym.

Echidna

Years
    hahaha, poor you, sorry, not appropriate to laugh right now. Well when i cought up to claire \,i always had a strong team for her (yes always, i played Hg Ss like 4 times, lol)

Mr. L

Tea.
    Years
    Clair, not because of her team, because of when I beat her she doesn't give away a badge. This has always annoyed me but in HGSS the test given to me by the elder (which determines if I'm worthy), Clair hasn't even passed, she's eligable to give out the badge but not recieve it? That arrogant woman always annoyed the hell out of me, isn't handing out a badge after being defeated one of the biggest parts of a Gym leaders job?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    ^The above is a good point - Clair always (since the days of Silver) struck me as rather whiny and self-righteous with her reaction to losing.

Years
    I never had trouble with chuck, but I have trouble with whitney's milktank and clair the dragon tamer. In Whitney each time I tried to fight her I yelled at her for milktank to stop her rollout attack and stomp. Also she has the ability from the milk drink to heal herself. Each time I die I yelled at her and cuss at her and all that crap. Oh and I also swear on her too. Sometimes I even say "I hope you f*cken die b*tch." Also "Go to HE**!" lol As for clair I didn't have a ice type so that was why her dragonair was so hard.

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
    Out of all of them...based on teams, perhaps maybe Clair gave me a tiny bit of trouble..But not much. All of the trainers I beat on my first try..Perhaps because I overleveled my starter? Anywho, Clair was annoying..Making me go in the Dragons Den to get me a stupid badge! Argghhh. Another one is Blue..=.=". He made me go all the way to Cinnabar Island, and then he HAS THE AUDACITY TO TELL ME TO GO ALL THE WAY BACK TO VIRIDIAN CITY?!?!?! And the first time I met him I didnt have all the badges yet! So I had to go to the Seafoam islands, AND THEN beat up Blaine, then go ALL THE WAY back to Cinnabar, and THEN he makes me fly all the way to Viridian to fight him. He has some...*blank* =.=". His team was a bit harder than Clairs, though I eventually mopped the floor with it.

About personalities, definitely Blue and Misty and Clair. Clairs attitude is just way to like a little girl who doesnt get what she wants. Misty seemed to be mad at me for breaking up her date~, and Blue was just way too arrogant..That is, until I beat him up.

If Red could also classify, I would say he annoys me to no end. I finally get the nerve to fight him, and when we start battling he doesnt talk?!?!? What a noob XD.

Echidna

Years
    Clair, not because of her team, because of when I beat her she doesn't give away a badge. This has always annoyed me but in HGSS the test given to me by the elder (which determines if I'm worthy), Clair hasn't even passed, she's eligable to give out the badge but not recieve it? That arrogant woman always annoyed the hell out of me, isn't handing out a badge after being defeated one of the biggest parts of a Gym leaders job?

^The above is a good point - Clair always (since the days of Silver) struck me as rather whiny and self-righteous with her reaction to losing.

hahaha, yeah she gets on my nerve too, but she's easy to beat as my team is usually very strong by the time i reach her.

I never had trouble with chuck, but I have trouble with whitney's milktank and clair the dragon tamer. In Whitney each time I tried to fight her I yelled at her for milktank to stop her rollout attack and stomp. Also she has the ability from the milk drink to heal herself. Each time I die I yelled at her and cuss at her and all that crap. Oh and I also swear on her too. Sometimes I even say "I hope you f*cken die b*tch." Also "Go to HE**!" lol As for clair I didn't have a ice type so that was why her dragonair was so hard.

Hahahahaha, nice one, i suppose i used to hate her back during the original metal series, but now i beat her up quick, lol. She's not too hazardous now.

Out of all of them...based on teams, perhaps maybe Clair gave me a tiny bit of trouble..But not much. All of the trainers I beat on my first try..Perhaps because I overleveled my starter? Anywho, Clair was annoying..Making me go in the Dragons Den to get me a stupid badge! Argghhh. Another one is Blue..=.=". He made me go all the way to Cinnabar Island, and then he HAS THE AUDACITY TO TELL ME TO GO ALL THE WAY BACK TO VIRIDIAN CITY?!?!?! And the first time I met him I didnt have all the badges yet! So I had to go to the Seafoam islands, AND THEN beat up Blaine, then go ALL THE WAY back to Cinnabar, and THEN he makes me fly all the way to Viridian to fight him. He has some...*blank* =.=". His team was a bit harder than Clairs, though I eventually mopped the floor with it.

About personalities, definitely Blue and Misty and Clair. Clairs attitude is just way to like a little girl who doesnt get what she wants. Misty seemed to be mad at me for breaking up her date~, and Blue was just way too arrogant..That is, until I beat him up.

If Red could also classify, I would say he annoys me to no end. I finally get the nerve to fight him, and when we start battling he doesnt talk?!?!? What a noob XD.

Uhhmm, ok ?? Hahaha :) . I hate blue only for his attitude, but aren't you able to fly to Viridian quickly ? ;) . As for misty, she's ok
    caus she's in a bikini. She never really annoyed me. Clair is like a child yes, but being the last gym leader, i think its ok cause she's easy to beat.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    Clair and Blue are arrogant, yes, and it is quite annoying, but IMO the most annoying Gym Leader is Jasmine. She makes you cross the goddamn ocean before you get to battle her. I know it was to help a sick Pokemon, but I hate the water.

Echidna

Years
    Clair and Blue are arrogant, yes, and it is quite annoying, but IMO the most annoying Gym Leader is Jasmine. She makes you cross the goddamn ocean before you get to battle her. I know it was to help a sick Pokemon, but I hate the water.

uhhmm, er .... ok ? i think :\ ..
    She had to stay by her poor pokemon !! :(

cut her some slack. :) lol.

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2017
    The Most Worst Gym Leaders Happens To Be Clair and Sabrina

Clair Is Actually Simple But The Most Proplem Is Her Kingdra Which Tries To Sweep My Whole Team

Sabrina Because of Her Alakazam That Kill My Feraligatr With One Hit With Energy Ball

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
    Years
    Clair because I found it to be harder to level your pokes in HG/SS around the 8th badge/ e4 and her kingdra was a pain seeing is how I didn't have any dragon types myself.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021

Aww... come on, she's kinda cute :) But I really hate Clair, not giving me my badge that I deserved.

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years

Actually, you would have had to cross the ocean anyway, seeing as the place you went there was the...6th? gym, so its much better than going there, beating the gym leader, going back to Jasmine, then going all the way back..Your argument is invalid. Good day Sir.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    Worst in terms of hatred towards?
    Whitney - we all know why
    Lt. Surge - the constant abuse of double team was really cheap of him

Worst in terms of strategy?
    Sabrina - no strategy but to use skill swap and hope it does something good for her

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
    Years
    As a character, I would say Clair, obviously for the fact she can't accept her defeat, and doesn't give you the Rising Badge.
    As for the team, I would say Whitney. Darn you, Miltank!

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    At first I thought Whitney was the worst gym leader because of her Miltank's rollout and she cries right after, but after seeing some of the post on this thread, I came to a realizationt that Clair is the worst because she does not give you the badge right away. I didn't want to go on a short journey just to answer questions to get a badge.

:t354:TG

Echidna

Years
    Hmm seams everyone hates Clair !! :\ She is a bit of a child, but i never though someone would hate Surge !! Well, guess everything's possible !! :lol:

Back