• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Worst Pokemon Game

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    For me, probably DPPt. It all just went downhill from there... Horrible Pokemon designs, billions of legendaries, terrible "3D" graphics (3rd generation graphics still look the best IMO), extremely slow and boring battle pace, I just couldn't stand it. I made it to the 3rd gym leader before I was ready to kill myself, and I quit and went back to RBY, haha.

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2013
    For me, probably DPPt. It all just went downhill from there... Horrible Pokemon designs, billions of legendaries, terrible "3D" graphics (3rd generation graphics still look the best IMO), extremely slow and boring battle pace, I just couldn't stand it. I made it to the 3rd gym leader before I was ready to kill myself, and I quit and went back to RBY, haha.

I'm bored of the same old GBA games... I had them for almost 7 years..

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Official or Unofficial? Take your pick.

Unofficial- Pokemon Adventure for the Gameboy Color. It is a terrible ripoff of the Sonic series in which you play as what looks like a man wearing the world's ugliest Pikachu costume. It also has bad physics, bad level design, bad music, everything about it sucks and it's practically unplayable. This pirate is obscure for a good reason.

I remember accidentally downloading that because of a mis-click on my part back when I was looking for an Emerald ROM. I figured that since I downloaded it, I might as well play with it for a little while before deleting it.

That Pikachu thing still haunts my nightmares to this day. D:

I've never finished D/P...ever. Sinnoh is too large and confusing to traverse, the graphics are quite ugly, and Galactic's storyline is far too cliche to be considered interesting. :/

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I'd have to say that Pokemon Pearl and Diamond was terrible. The worst would have to be Pokemon Dash, but everyone pretty much explained why it was. After completing Pokemon Platinum and SoulSilver, I decided to go back a bit before starting on HeartGold. So, I borrowed my friend's Pokemon Pearl that he doesn't play anymore.

After a while, I realized how much better Pokemon Platinum was. Overall, it pretty sucked and I hate some of the sprites. Mind you, some of those sprites survived and got into Pokemon Platinum, and I still hate it. Thank goodness that I chose not to buy it, or it would've been a waste of money.

Roxasabridged

Lucariowner
    Years
    Pokemon Red and Blue Pinball... It's pinball.

Of the main series, any game from the 3rd gen. Hoenn was just an immensely boring region to traverse with the worst 'evil' teams in the games, and FR/LG felt like very slow versions of the first gen. Didn't help that it treated you like you'd never even played a game in your life.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    Probably Pokémon Ranger for me, then again, it wouldn't be fair 'cos I never got to complete it. :p

Last edited:

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
    Years
    My Pokémon Ranch. Not really a game, but still. I hate the fact that it's incompatible with the newer games and you can't put a Pokémon from one game back into another.
    As for the main games, Pokémon Yellow. Mainly because it's incredibly non-canon.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    I agree with the OP. Dash was just sort of... lolwhat.

As far as the more main-series games go, I'd have to say Fire Red and Leaf Green. Not because they're Gen1 remakes or anything; I do really like how they decided to remake the original games. It's just... the way they were set up. There were all these little things that bothered me when I played through Fire Red. All the help options with the really blatant explanations and whatnot, for instance. They seemed to be trying to make sure every person who picked up the game knew exactly how it all worked, like it was geared toward brand new players. ... Whereas none of the other games go so out of their way to do that sort of thing. And how the entire Sevii Islands felt like one big cryptic unexplained mystery. And how a few bits of music from RSE were used (like the "victory tune" that plays when you win a battle.) RSE's music was so perfectly fitting for Hoenn's atmosphere. In Kanto it just felt out of place.

I dunno, I just didn't enjoy FRLG very much. The original RBY games were much more fun to play, and didn't feel quite so generic. Not saying the fact that they're remakes is bad or anything (I myself adore HGSS about as much as the originals). They just could have done a much better job with them. And uh. Made them a bit less awkward.

Brave Jonah

Ground Trainer
    Years
    Of all the Pokemon games I've played, which is just about all of them, I'm going to have to go with Pokemon Snap. I know some people loved it, but I just couldn't get used to the idea that the entire breadth of the game was photo-taking.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Pokemor Ranger was terrible and had that idiot, fatty charzaird. The charaters were ugly and souless and almost killed my touchscreen. Immensily boring and stupidly hard. Ironicly, Shadows of Almia is fantastic.

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
    Years
    The original Ranger game, I have to say. I mean, it took me a month to get past Salamence and Charizard respectifully. And those freaking dogs are so hard. I'm still trying to beat Suicune... >_<

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    The original Ranger game, I have to say. I mean, it took me a month to get past Salamence and Charizard respectifully. And those freaking dogs are so hard. I'm still trying to beat Suicune... >_<

I gave up on that stupid charzaird. He was impossible. Every time i see a video of it, i feel like the game was being unfair because i had to think of getting a AR. It's just awful.

Back