• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Worst pokemon games ever?

EspeonGem

I love The Legend of Zelda
    Years
    I like all the Pokemon games but I didn't like Pokemon Ranger that much, Pokemon Ranger:Shadows of Almia was good though.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I can't claim that they're bad, but none of the lame spinoffs since the original Pokemon Pinball on the old GB have appealed to me...

I do rather dislike Colosseum though. I appreciate how they tried to go a different direction, but somewhere between the lack of wild pokemon in the game, the tedious process in purifying shadow pokemon, and the rather pathetic rate at which rival trainers' levels rose, it never got me hooked long enough to finish it.

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
    Pokémon TrDash. It came off to me as something that was rushed in as a demo of the touch-screen, with blocky graphics, repetitive gameplay, and very limited activities. It feels like a mini-game, only it gets an entire cartridge to itself. It's a little fun for the first (maybe) ten minutes (or perhaps if you have guts even 30), but after a while, you'll want to lock it away in your game case and never take it out, accept for when you need to leave something in the DSes card slot to keep it from getting dusty.

Hmmm, there's a lot of Mystery Dungeon haters/dislikers/un-happiests out there. I suppose it's due to the fact that it takes LOTS and LOTS of patients in order to play, but apparently someone likes them, since there's eight (or 3 if you count the variations as one of the same) different versions of the game.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    I just hate the first Ranger .
    It is boring . Stuff happen too fast and it didn't even take a day to beat it .
    Good it was on a ROM and I diddn't waste the money .

And yes , Ranger - Shadows of Almia was worth it !

Sonikku

Super Speedie Sweetie
    Years
    Collosium and Ranger nuff said

I can't claim that they're bad, but none of the lame spinoffs since the original Pokemon Pinball on the old GB have appealed to me...

I do rather dislike Colosseum though. I appreciate how they tried to go a different direction, but somewhere between the lack of wild pokemon in the game, the tedious process in purifying shadow pokemon, and the rather pathetic rate at which rival trainers' levels rose, it never got me hooked long enough to finish it.
    Woah idk what rivals u had but even that din't make me like them more

Last edited:

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    I haven't found any Pokemon games I don't like, but then again, I haven't strayed too far off the original games' paths. I have played Mystery Dungeon, Shadows of Almia, Pinball, and Gale of Darkness, but as far as I'm concerned, they were fine to me.

roacherman

Time Guardian
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    How can you people play mystery dungeon. For the first time you can actually BE the pokemon. Decide what attacks it does, decide who you want to take along. I like the recruitment mechanic. It makes it even more exciting when one of them want to join your team!

I also hate S/R/E (Emerald not as much). They took out all the juicy stuff they had in G/S/C (except emerald put some of that stuff back) I was really looking forward towards a day/night system in sapphire and ruby. I was extremely dissappointed when that didnt happen. I felt like throwing that game in the trash. The fact that you dont get a cell phone either also sucked (again emerald brought that back). But you dont get a radio anymore. Do you know how much I actually listened to that crappy boom box even though it had like 3 or 4 stations? A LOT MAN A LOT! I was dissappointed with that too. The only thing I liked that they added on to pokemon sapphire and ruby were the running shoes. But just the running shoes. It atleast made getting to places quicker when you didnt have a bike. And it helped resolve a lot of patience problems I had back in G/S/C. Other than that it was JUST HORRIBLE! The pokemon (except maybe treeko), the mechanics, etc. And that storyline made me shudder. I swear I had it better when it was just some dude who stole the professors pokemon rather than 2 evil corporations plotting to take over the world which culminates with you fighting a legendary and either catching or defeating it. And in emerald it is even worse. Oh no, you cant catch them when you first find them! You have to go and actually go after them after that storyline is finished. The only other thing I liked about it as well were the graphical updates, but whats that without a good game?

/endrant

Whew got that out of my system (I can already imagine people wanting to murder me now that Ive said all that *hides in his little hovel*)

Ive never liked the pokemon ranger games. I played a bit of shadows of Almia and I swear I hated it the fist moment I saw it. Its not like you can pit them to battle. Instead you have to "Befriend Them" and you can only use one of its moves once. And its not even in a battle. Its just to break a ****** crate in teh way or cut a bunch of logs in front of you or something. If it were me I wouldve made the game SOOOOOOOOOOOO much better and more appealing to people.

Another game I hate is the pokemon ranch/box games. They are so limited because you MUST OWN THE GAMES to actually use it to its full potential. I mean I think they give you random eggs everyday right? But it would take forever and a tremendous amount of luck to have them all in your little farm thingy. And not to mention in the Wii version the pokemon look like Mii's. They look like some fugly plush toys. God damns it it is so not necessary to make those games D:<

I can remember playing a pokemon trozei demo and I think I didnt like it. But I can remember well cuz that was years ago.

Well thats about it I guess

Years
    Pokemon Dash was pretty bad, being only Pikachu was pretty dumb.

And also I never liked the Pokemon Ranger games.

Goron

Mountain Dweller
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2009
    He you pikachu, because pikachu never does what I say and it gets so annoying, to this day I have never sucesfully gathered stew ingredients.

While i do agree with that i completely loved that game.

My friend however who was from Brazil had a hard time playing it because of his
    accent. It was funny but upsetting at the same time. :nervous:

Meepman

Arogance is bliss
    Years
    I also hate S/R/E (Emerald not as much). They took out all the juicy stuff they had in G/S/C (except emerald put some of that stuff back) I was really looking forward towards a day/night system in sapphire and ruby. I was extremely dissappointed when that didnt happen. I felt like throwing that game in the trash. The fact that you dont get a cell phone either also sucked (again emerald brought that back). But you dont get a radio anymore. Do you know how much I actually listened to that crappy boom box even though it had like 3 or 4 stations? A LOT MAN A LOT! I was dissappointed with that too. The only thing I liked that they added on to pokemon sapphire and ruby were the running shoes. But just the running shoes. It atleast made getting to places quicker when you didnt have a bike. And it helped resolve a lot of patience problems I had back in G/S/C. Other than that it was JUST HORRIBLE! The pokemon (except maybe treeko), the mechanics, etc. And that storyline made me shudder. I swear I had it better when it was just some dude who stole the professors pokemon rather than 2 evil corporations plotting to take over the world which culminates with you fighting a legendary and either catching or defeating it. And in emerald it is even worse. Oh no, you cant catch them when you first find them! You have to go and actually go after them after that storyline is finished. The only other thing I liked about it as well were the graphical updates, but whats that without a good game?
    Even thought I liked R/S/E I agree with alot of the things you complained about. One thing that really didn't like in ruby and saphire (not too much of a problem in emereald though) is how little double battles were in them, because they hyped that up as a huge gameplay addition but there was just about a hand full of them in the whole game, I was kind of expecting them to make all of the battles doubles like in colloseum. I also hated how it wasn't backwards compatible with the older games like G/S/C was.

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2013
    The only ones I've disliked are Dash and Hey You Pikachu.

I dragged out my gamecube and I'm playing XD as we speak. Loved XD. I'm trying to beat all the Orre Colosseum trainers without any outside pokemon.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I loved Colosseum, and although I haven't played XD yet (once I catch the remaining Shadow Pokémon, I'll move on), I've heard many good things about it.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon was... meh. I didn't love it, but I didn't hate it.

My least favorite main series game was definitely Emerald. Sure, double battles are fun, but overall, it just seemed... lacking. Plus, the music in it was horrible. Many people say that music can make or break a game. Emerald was broken right from the start. The only reason I still play it is because it's the only game at the moment that can trade with Colosseum (going through yet another run through of FireRed--great game, IMO), and the Battle Tower cloning glitch.

Years
    I couldn't get into the new PMD games... mostly because it's like the EXACT SAME GAME with a few more pokemon and maybe a couple new items... I did like the fact you didn't have to buy friend areas though :P

I rather liked Colosseum/XD, though I haven't beaten Colosseum yet... Though the storylines didn't seem very long, and the fact that the maps and areas were EXTREMELY small, being in 3D, they caught my attention a bit more :P

Now lets see... Pokemon Channel may seem boring now, but when I first got it, I loved every single minute of it... Though, I missed a day and then had to start over, and I never would seriously would wait until the next day to bring on the next content.

Trozei and Pinball seemed very pointless to me... Just a quick buck for the pokemon company, of course.

Pokemon Ranger was fun the first time- ish... I mean, there was little to do, even though they tried to make it open-ended.

Welllll, that's about it.

Back