• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Worst Video Game Experiences?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I don't like it at all when I start experiencing lag while playing Call of Duty. This slows me down and sometimes leaves me stuck in one place for a few seconds, making it easier for enemies to kill me. It's quite frustrating.

Lord Scalgon

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
    Years
    1) Choking a 1-credit clear run of a bullet hell shmup on the hardest difficulty. (did this twice)
    2) In StarCraft 2, right when I'm about to win a match, my desktop gets GG'd due to a power outage.
    3) While RNG abusing in Pokémon Sapphire, I did RNG a shiny Latios, only to realize I ended up in the wrong frame (as the desired IV spread was below the IV spread I landed on, even that one wasn't shiny).
    4) In various MMO's I played, a random teammate would end up ruining the match/mission/raid for the entire team.

pompayyy

Forever and Ever
    Years
    *Eating Popcorn*

Oh! Is the Street Fighter argument over? Good. Now let's carry on.

So firstly I need to tell you something - I suck at everything. Now that you know that (it's not like it wasn't obvious...) it's time for my story. A few years back we had Super Smash Bros. Melee at our house. I was the best in the family, so that boosted my ego to ungodly proportions. Now I liked to clear those event matches, and event 27 is one called "Cold Armor". Looking back on it, it seems pretty easy. But as a kid? That stuff was impossible. Basically, there's three CPU Metal Samuses and you control a regular Samus. The thing is, each of the CPU has two lives. So instead of 3 vs 1, it's more like 6 vs 1. Plus they're metal, so they're hard to hit off. I was impatient at the time so I didn't know the trick was waiting for them to kill themselves.

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
    Years
    Hm. My worst experience would have to be with SMT4. xD I keep getting lost on the Tokyo map and not much is helping. It usually takes me 4 hours to find out where I need to go. Another was back when I played Pokemon Platinum. I got lost in the Distortion World and ended up having to use a guide to get through it.

TY

Need for Speed: Most Wanted, the final police chase... The bridge... and then not going fast enough so you have to redo it all over again...

-MG

In-training Alchemist
    Years
    Bad experiences...
    Well I have some of them, with most of the sports games that I've tried...
    FIFA, Wining Eleven (PES), MADDEN, etc...
    I still can't get how to move the players, or trying to score... or even kicking the ball.

No wonder why I keep loosing with my younger cousin... XD

Back