• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Worst Video Game you have ever played.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Just spend a few minutes on Steam's Early Access page. :v
    Hell if I just go by Indie/EA games on Steam I'd have a mile-long list. I'm just glad they were in bundles; I don't really look at them as if I've actually paid for any of them considering I bought the $2 bundle for the other games in it.

Canyon Capers, Gun Monkeys, Dementium 2 HD (which I hear was 100x better on the DS than PC), Legendary, Space Farmers, The Guild titles, Kingdom Tales, The Witch's Yarn, 99 Levels to Hell, Countless Rooms of Death, Arcania, Imagine Me, Woodle Tree Adventures... this list could go on and on and on. I could honestly say that all of these are competing for the worst thing I've ever played.

Friends still pick on me for not playing about 70% of my library, but a good chunk of those are Indie games and I don't even want to try after these experiences. I just want to stick with the series I know that I'll like.

If we're going by console games.. I don't really buy console games unless it's an established franchise or if it really seems like something I'd enjoy. And previously when my parents were buying them for the family, they didn't really venture far into new territory, either, unless they were doing old-fashioned bundles (we seriously had hundreds of NES and SNES games when I was little because they traded flowers and crops at a flea market with this couple that sold video games, lmao).
    That said, the worst console game I've ever played would probably be Zelda II. It was included with the Collector's Edition (instead of LTTP why) and I tried it for like an hour or so and decided all the flak it gets was well-deserved.

Mario is Missing deserves an honorable mention as well. Let's talk to the same 3 people in a dozen different cities that all look the same, and also half of the 'facts' are wrong. Made it really great to watch an LP of it where the LPer included people from the very locations the game visits, though. :v

TheBigMan0706

Monster hunting Snivy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2016
    Cartoon Network Punchtime Explosion. This is the worst smash clone ever made. The controls are garbage, and it's dull

Eden

Right you are, Ken!
    Years
    It's really hard to describe how hard I had to think in order to conclude what the worst game I've ever played is, mostly because I decided no easy targets (thus no blatant shovelware, kids games, tie-in games, low budget games, or mobile apps). Had there been no rules, I wouldn't had hesitated to say Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Battle 22.

But that wasn't the case here, so I had to decide between two games: Shadow the Hedgehog, and Sonic the Hedgehog 2006. I hate to get on the bandwagon, but I must say the 'winner' is 06, with Shadow being the silver turd.

Aside from what all other journalists and people who also played the game in its entirety, my beef with the game is more personal. Y'see, Sega was hyping the game to be the one that would revive the franchise, and bring Sonic back to glory. My 10-12 year old self thought Sonic Team was gonna deliver based on the (very little) footage that existed at the time. It was the main reason that I got a 360 in 2006. Unfortunately it became the most disappointing experience I've ever played. It was a train wreck with all of the easy to find glitches and unfinished features, accompanied with a very awkward storyline featuring a lot of plot holes and many uncomfortable moments. God forbid the loading screens too (not that they're so long but that there's so many of them.) The only redeeming factor of the game being its soundtrack, which is tolerable at its worst.

The history of the game explains a little too much though (the team got cut in two to make Secret Rings), and Sega pushed Sonic Team to get the game done for both platforms (the PS3 at the time being difficult to develop for), so they had to rush it, completely ignoring quality control's bug reports.

GengyGengar

Sp00py
    Years
    People are gonna hate me...goody.

I had to think long and hard (hehe) about this one, because I've played some tremendously bad games in my time; Sonic '06, Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi (which, in a sickening twist of irony, comes from the series that harbours my favourite video game of all time), Legend of Zelda II: Link's Awakening, Sonic and the Secret Rings. But then I realised, the worst game I've played was right under my nose. Pokemon Red and Blue.

*prepares to shield self from pitchforks, torches and rotten tomatoes* Hang on, let me state my case. The first problem I have with these games is the balancing issue. Psychic types. That sums up the entire game. Take an Alakazam, and you win. Literally, that's all it takes. All that can stop you is a Mewtwo or another Alakazam. I've never managed to catch Mewtwo without a Master Ball because he's so god darn broken. The reason this is such a huge problem is because this isn't how a Pokemon game should play. There shouldn't be one dominating type that rules over all the others, and their hasn't been one since. I guess you could argue that Dragon types were pretty OP, but they were never on the same level as Gen 1 Psychic types, and they never will be.

My second issue is the glitchy state of the game. I've managed to get one complete runthrough of these games done since I first played them, because they're so glitchy. I can't play these games, because I always managed to run into some kind of game-breaking glitch that destroys my save file. This is annoying, because no matter how far through I get, I can never seem to finish the game. There are minor glitches, but those don't bother me. What bothers me are the game-destroying glitches that are littered about the game. You can't tell me this isn't a pretty huge problem, because you know it is.

Another problem is the Pokemon themselves. We got some awesome Pokemon, like Gengar, Magmar, Electabuzz, Gyarados and Venusaur. But then we got the ones with the boring and plain designs. Pidgey. Seel. Rattata. Voltorb and Electrode. Charizard. Pikachu. That's naming a few. And so many unmemorable ones. Diglett and Dugtrio, Seaking, Dodrio. Grimer and Muk. Exeggcute and Exeggutor. Just to name a few. Of all of the new sets of Pokemon introduced, Gen 1's feels the weakest to me. There are a handful of Pokemon that I like. A literal handful.

Finally, Team Rocket. Nothing more than a bunch of incompetent baffoons. They do nothing useful. Quite literally nothing. They just stand around as stupid thugs with weak Pokemon, and every Team Rocket section in these games are unplayable to me. They're so dull. Nothing but the same Pokemon of the same level, same thing over and over again. I can't deal with it because there's nothing new. Ever.

Those are the four main problems that I have with Red and Blue. I can't play these games. I hate them. I hate almost everything about them but a handful of the Pokemon and some of the music. Other than that, nothing. There's nothing that could change my mind.

Years
    I can't actually name a "worst" game from the top of my head, but one game I honestly don't like is Minecraft. I like the idea behind it, but the pace of the game is just too slow for my liking.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I'm actually a bit hard pressed to think of something for this. I think, for the most part, I pick some great games to play and even if they fall under the okay line, they're certainly not something I'd peg as the worst I've played. However, looking at my DS shelf and remembering something that's no longer there reminded me...right! I never trade in games, ever. Unless it's something I have no interest in playing again...and that's where My Sims comes in.

I had some extra money when I was a young, naive teenager at Best Buy manys years ago. I wanted some more DS games. Instead of going for something good like Elite Beat Agents or The World Ends With You or something like that...I decided My Sims looked cool. I loved The Sims, I loved cute-ish looking people, I loved my DS...what could go wrong?! Oh, everything. Everything could, and did, go wrong. So making my character wasn't as diverse as I thought it would be, but whatever. And then it didn't take me long to realize...you don't do anything in this game. Like...not a damn thing. And don't get me wrong, I absolutely love relaxed games without a goal like Harvest Moon, Animal Crossing, and Viva Pinata (-throws carrots at OP-), but this was just...too barren. The mini-games were lackluster to unplayable. I only remember a game where you make leis. That's really it. And my house was ugly cause I couldn't make enough money from the lei game to get anything for it. And...and...that's all I really remember. I would try to give this game another shot, multiple times in fact, but just couldn't keep my mind on it for long enough.

It's a shame, really, cause a more kid-oriented (I'm pretty sure that's our target audience, let's be real) Sims could have been fun if they hadn't have removed everything that makes The Sims The Sims. You can keep the colorful and chibi-looking characters, but remove the collectathon, or at least most of it, and make the building less convoluted. If you want the player to get money from mini-games, that's fine, but they need to be fun and interesting and make it easy to rack that up. And then you can implement the money into the building system. As for Sim-esque things, a meager implementation of things like hunger and fatigue at the very least would have sufficed. It would have at least had some of the basic principles of The Sims and as a kid, I wished there was an easier Sims game for me because I had a hard time keeping up with the pace of the game and keeping just one Sim happy and in good standing.

idk, if I'm going to peg something as the worst game, I'd rather at least give it constructive feedback (despite the fact it's not like this post is going to go to anyone that can do a thing about it, lol) rather than slam it, especially in this case where I really do feel like it could have been a good game if it had a different focus. But yeah. Definitely the worst game I have played, even if I included movie based games. I don't know, I never really bothered with them...I think I just have a good shit-radar haha.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Instead of going for something good like Elite Beat Agents or The World Ends With You or something like that...I decided My Sims looked cool.

Did you at least correct that mistake and played EBA?

Years
    None of you have played Zoids Assault. Let me give you all a run down. Zoids is awesome. Giant robot animals with lasers and guns that you can drive around in is as awesome as it gets. When the series hit toonami back in the early 2000's with Gundam Wing was probably one of my favorite times growing up (was actually at a party where many of the attendees were drunk debating our favorite Zoid...Shadow Fox ftw.) Then a few years ago, was rummaging through the used game section of the local Gamespot and saw Zoids assault. Looked at the game and thought "how could his not be the most amazing 10 bucks I've ever spent? I love strategy games, and Zoids is my jam" And then I got treated to the biggest missed potential ever.

Here's the game: Cutscenes are still shots that cram an immense amount of exposition down your throat that require you to go onto the Zoids Wiki to even get the slightest hint of what they're saying, You don't get to pick your Zoids and are stuck to using a couple Command Wolves, a couple Shield Ligers, and one Dibison. That's it. Also all the Zoids are mono-colored with no flare or accent colors to them. They were trying to go for the 'realistic' look of everything not being too colorful, but it comes off as lazy. Also the turn based combat is really slow, really unintuitive, and is stacked against you in every way possible.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
    The worst video game I've ever played was actually Tekken Tag Tournament 2 for Wii U xD Okay I have to admit that this was rather a stupid "I need to buy a game" buy but seriously... It is not any fun and with all that Nintendo Characted Costumes it doesn't feel like Tekken anyway. It just feels weird overall. Dunno why but it just doesn't feel right on the U. The frist few matches, ya but once inserted, once played and never touched again. Tekken is PS and should stay PS. Also dislike putting Tekken Characters to SmashBros now... or Tekken costumes... :/

yeah.. the ps3 version is way better. i dont think fighting games work very well with the wiiu :3

the worst game ive ever played is dust 514. i got it for free with my ps3. i was able to download it and then nothing happened..it was just stupid. i got it to work finally and couldn't figure out what to do in the game.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    yeah.. the ps3 version is way better. i dont think fighting games work very well with the wiiu :3
    You have to elaborate on this because it makes no sense.

The PS3 and Wii U version have no considerable differences in regards to input lag or framerate drops. The Wii U version is just as viable as the PS3 version.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years

The PS3 and Wii U version have no considerable differences in regards to input lag or framerate drops. The Wii U version is just as viable as the PS3 version.

when i think of the wiiu i think of like kid friendly games that's all haha.

Years
    the worst game ive ever played is dust 514. i got it for free with my ps3. i was able to download it and then nothing happened..it was just stupid. i got it to work finally and couldn't figure out what to do in the game.

Dust was ok..gameplay wise at least. The big problem that game had was a micro-transaction system where your money literally went to waste. To elaborate for people who never heard of the game: It's a FPS set in the EVE online universe. Your character is a professional soldier who is cloned, but only one of your clones is active at a time. When you die in a match, your respawn is actually a new clone with your consciousness downloaded into the brain. You're given basic level one gear to start that is infinite, but you could buy weapons and armor. Pretty standard so far, but here's where it starts to be crap; your armor and weapons that you die with are gone forever and you have to buy a new set if you run out of replacements.

My biggest gripe with Dust was it didn't live up to my hopes for a replacement to M.A.G. which is the greatest FPS I've ever played...123 vs 123 battles was epic.

except for the way you input. Button placement matters, which could be rectified with a Wii U Pro controller, but good luck to you if you're using the nunchuck or gamepad.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    except for the way you input. Button placement matters, which could be rectified with a Wii U Pro controller, but good luck to you if you're using the nunchuck or gamepad.
    Tekken is very pad friendly, so the only dud there is nunchuck. This is on top of the Wii U having an arcade stick just for this game.

Years
    Tekken is very pad friendly, so the only dud there is nunchuck. This is on top of the Wii U having an arcade stick just for this game.

Having to buy an arcade pad to make the game playable isn't really a good thing. ;)

And fighting games are not pad friendly. There's a reason why the Wii U Pro and the gamecube adapters were practically mythical when Super Smash came out.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
    Dust was ok..gameplay wise at least. The big problem that game had was a micro-transaction system where your money literally went to waste. To elaborate for people who never heard of the game: It's a FPS set in the EVE online universe. Your character is a professional soldier who is cloned, but only one of your clones is active at a time. When you die in a match, your respawn is actually a new clone with your consciousness downloaded into the brain. You're given basic level one gear to start that is infinite, but you could buy weapons and armor. Pretty standard so far, but here's where it starts to be crap; your armor and weapons that you die with are gone forever and you have to buy a new set if you run out of replacements.

My biggest gripe with Dust was it didn't live up to my hopes for a replacement to M.A.G. which is the greatest FPS I've ever played...123 vs 123 battles was epic.

yeah dust wasn't a good game. idk if it was free or people paid for it.

yeah i forgot about the controller. that's why they made gamecube adapters for the wiiu. still using a wiiu pad or the wiiu pro controller isn't good for button combinations for fighting moves.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    This really pointless PS2 game called "Road Trip Adventure". I dunno, I just saw the cover of it in a cabinet and giggled. It's a silly game where you drive about and partake in racing and minigames, and the cars are really tiny, almost RC-like. Always hated it.

Back