• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would Pokemon be real some day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I herd u liek mudkarps?
    Years
    utter chaos, military experimentation till extermination essentially, but if say instead of normal animals, we had pokemon, we would already have a structure in place, kind of like having pets and such.

I think every person that has ever played pokemon has had this thought at some point.

©ereal Killer

Illusions or Real Illusions ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2011
    Awwh, how adorable :3
    I used to think there were such thing as Pokemon island when i was a kid...

Sorry to burst your bubble kid but NO, there wont be real pokemon...
    Just mutated animals...

unless you wish real hard

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    I doubt it. It's possible but I really don't think that scientists would waste their time genetically changing animals so they can breathe fire, shoot water out of their mouths with really high pressure, and send out electricity out of their cheeks when they could be researching ways to cure cancer.

If it had any military applications whatsoever, scientists would do this like a shot and nuts to cancer research. -.-

But yes, as others have said, this is highly unlikely, verging on the impossible. Disregarding the practical aspects of accelerated evolution, attacks like Blast Burn or Psychic, and the compression rate in PokéBalls, if animals like this did exist it would be highly unlikely that children would be allowed to own them, yet alone set out entirely by themselves with them. I'm sure some people would capture them and train them to fight a la c*ck-fighting, though.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2017
    i guess it would be cool til i got hit with a tbolt lol or some other peron caught a legend before i did

Jenayru

X3
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2011
    It'd be really great if they were real someday... but I am unsure to the likeness of that happening.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    The only problem with this is that Pokemon are based of creatures that are real already. So, if you say that Pokemon were to become real one day, then what will happen to the animals that Pokemon are based off? The animals that are real now.

Years
    Ever since I got into Pokemon I have wished that it was real and I could leave home and go travel around the country with some friends.But sadly,it probably will NEVER be real unless some crazy stuff happens in a few million-billion years.

Adri-chan

What the fruit?
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 28, 2012
    At least we can dream...right? Who knows? It may happen.

SuperShuckle94

Shuckology 213
    Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2011
    To be honest, I'd settle for something that just looked like the pokemon in question even if it lacked the powers the one in the game had. Sometimes this would actually be beneficial, because if I had a Shuckle IRL I'd rather not have it power tricking and destroying my house. XD

Years
    Even if Pokemon was real, they would probably look better as anime drawn characters than how they would look in a real-life universe. But I would love Pokemon and the Pokemon World to be a reality. Unless there was some way to get zapped into the TV screen. XD

Darkgoalie

Psychic Professor
    Years
    Pokémon becoming real? There is a list of reasons why that would not happen. But it can happen, strictly speaking, if you alter the genetic code of a certain animal and cloning it into the shape or form you want, but that would take minelliums to know the genetic code to change it too, even longer to know the genetic code of abilities and moves, the so called 'Pokémon' wouldn't be called 'Pokémon' but probably another word due to Pokémon being short for Poket Monsters and my last reason before i bore you to death, if i already haven't. Why would on this world would you want it to happen, 'Pokémon' wouldn't be so sweet they would most likely use these abilities to kill the human race not as a mean of slaughter but as fear and protection.
    P.S Would a Pikachu really look like a Pikachu with a penis hanging out?

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
    I don't think it will ever happen, but as someone said earlier, we may visit them virtually or see them through holograms. That sounds more realistic.

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
    Years
    Pokemon do exist...Just not called the way we call them or they don't shoot fire, thunder, acid, ice and other lethal things out there Mouth, eyes, tails etc...well some animals or creatures do. But if they you would have exist. They'd probably start an uprising and kick all of our butts. LOL

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back