• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

would you date a fat person?

Would you date a fat person

• yes

Votes: 15 25.4%
  • no

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • maybe

Votes: 15 25.4%

• Total voters

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    But in the long run, sex is so much better when your partner isn't dead.

When I said someone, it could be your brother, your mother, your friend, your dog, your neighbour, the war victim, the stray cat who wanders on the street or anyone else. It doesn't have to be a sex partner. Besides, love =/= sex, and the topic is dating, not having sex.

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
    Well, let's put it this way: it starts out as looks, but at the end it's all about personality.

That's how I feel and think when it comes to this. I know its not good to think like this, but I can't help it. XD Basically, no, I wouldn't date an obese person. I mean, they wouldn't be attractive at first glance without the looks. Yeah. x_o

This is exactly how I feel. An interest in a person starts out with their looks. Then you get to know the person's personality.

I really don't mean to be rude or offend anyone who reads this, but I can't date someone who is "fat", not to mention chubby. This is just how I feel, and it's the honest truth. I, as a person who has high standards, can't date a guy who is chubby or fat. I need to be able to look at the person in a loving way without feeling any sort of.. Let's say, uneasy feelings. =/

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    I'm not impressed with the poll result.
    It's mostly about what the persons like. I have a good friend who's a little bit on the chubby side and she's great. I've dated her like twice and I didn't judge her by the way she looks.

My answers yes.

I forgot to mention like some others have that I wouldn't date somebody who was really obese. I'm pretty flexible on who I'll go out with but when your getting around 25+ stone then it's just getting inapropriate.

Candy Christina

poseidon's tsunami
    Years
    Well... no. :( I sound really shallow saying that but honestly, looks do play a tiny part in your attraction to someone. I have friends who are a little overweight but I don't really think I could see myself dating them. I wouldn't want to date some really good-looking guy that is a total jerk either though like some preppy girls I know do. >_>;

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Most probably not.

Apparently that answer somehow makes me morally evil.

Last edited:

NoBel_ToKYo ™

OpEN Up YoUR HoRIzOns
    Years
    No, i don't think i would. I don't try and sound vain saying that, but people subconsciously have a "list" of categories for an ideal partner. that's not to say it's not disobeyed, but i would mostly be more attracted to a thin girl than a fat one. :/ Does that make me disrespectful? XD sorry for liking the poeple i like. :P i mean, a lot of people are attracted to somebody before they actually know them, so looks do have SOMETHING to do with it...

Years
    For me it also depends how overweight and then it's more about they personality combined.
    I find myself to like someone who was not as good looking as another just because there personality was more favourable to me.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    I don't see why everyone thinks fat people aren't attractive. I know a few fat chicks who not only have personality, but take care of themself and make sure they look when they go out to school, to parties, etc...

So it depends. I'd definately go out with a girl if she takes care of herself. I'd pick a fat girl who takes care of herself over a skinny girl who looks like a mess.

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    This thread quite bothers me :<

Some of these posts seem to just talk of stereotypical fat people :\

I can say this, because I would be considered fat by some people. I am most certainly overweight, and a lot of it is due to my bad metabolism :( There is not a girl out there who would say I'm very attractive. I must then say, yes, I would date someone who is overweight, because I understand they have feelings too :(

~Mooshykris

Back