• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Would you ever like to see Diamond and Pearl remade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lloebet

[color=#58FAD0][font=geo][u][i]Ancient[/i][/u][/fo
Years
  • they have to re make crystal first then pokemon ruby saphire and emerald then possibly diomond pearl.[they already re made blue red green with pokemon yellow special pika edition.

Thingula

How do you change this text?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    When Nintendo can pull of the same resolution in their handhelds as my iPod Touch (4th Gen) and display them in autostereoscopic 3D (like in the 3DS), then yes. I'd love to see those remakes :D

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
  • Part of me says yes, part of me says no.

I really didn't like the fourth generation (or third for that matter, what an eyesore.) I didn't feel attached to any of the new pokemon in those two generations.
    On the other hand, I can't resist playing a Pokemon game, even if it is just a remake.

I think Black and White will be my last Pokemon if they move to the 3DS. I have no plans to get a 3Ds, since i'm not too interested in handheld gaming or anything by Nintendo other than Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2016
    I think it would be great if they remade Diamond and Pearl, but I would only buy it if it had more features than it does now, otherwise it would feel exactly the same, no matter how great the graphics are.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2012
    Well as everyone had already said before me, It would be great maybe in a few years time because they are still fresh kindof, and only if they had new features and of course it would have to be after the release of the ruby and sapphire remake.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen today
    Eh, not really that excited or fond of a D/P remake right now, I think it's too soon.

Let's get a R/S/E remake out first.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Eh, not really that excited or fond of a D/P remake right now, I think it's too soon.

Let's get a R/S/E remake out first.

^ This!

I can't really say Sinnoh was the best region, and if GameFreak were to ever remake it, I'd hope they would add in some reallly good features.

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
  • Well first of all, that is a long way away. And really I wouldn't care. I am happy with my Diamond. I am more looking forward to a new gen. 3 remake. It will be awesome!

NamelessGuy

<Insert Witty Title Here>
    Years
  • I'd love to see the Sinnoh region with enhanced graphics and more features. A concept like this wouldn't be made into a game for a while, though. We're talking more than a few years.

NatureKeeper

So DP are gonna be remade next gen.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • Only when Pearl and Diamond become as old school and ancient as R/B/Y. And that probably won't be for at least another ten years (I hope)

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
    Years
  • Assuming that Red and Blue aren't added back into the remake rotation, and there aren't any skipped generations, DP remakes are scheduled for Gen VI. Look at it this way: Red and Green were released in 1996, with FRLG in 2004. Gold and Silver were released in 1999, with HGSS in 2009.

If there's a similar gap between originals and remakes, RS would be remade this year, DP would be remade in 2015, and BW would be remade in 2019. Since a new game will be released soon, I'd say this is reasonable. This might be a bit early for RS remakes though, considering that would likely mean a release for the original DS.

Years
  • Hmm I have no clue actually. It's pretty much inevitable for RSE to be remade, which I'm really hoping for, but a gen 4 remake? Right now it's too soon, we can all agree =p but I guess maybe in 4 years that'll be different?

I have to admit though, they won't keep making games forever. It will stop at some point. I'm convinced there will be a gen VI, but gen VII... well maybe it's better to stop there. As much as I'd like to see more, most people agree that the pokémon concepts are getting worse already.
    Not saying that when they stop making new generations, they will stop making new games... they should really make one game containing all regions and all pokémon... somehow, someday! Anyway I'm drifting off now xD

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • Yes, of course. Even though the game doesn't seem that outdated right now, I doubt we will be saying that in 4 years when everything is in 3D and we will look on it and think 'how old'. Remember how R/S/E didn't seem that old and now we are all hoping for a remake? I predict the same thing in a few years.

lloebet

[color=#58FAD0][font=geo][u][i]Ancient[/i][/u][/fo
    Years
  • ehh wasent platnum enough of a remake i cant amagine them maming another in the next five or so years...

rstevenson1976

The Eevee-Loution Master
    Years
  • diamond and pearl remake, no, they can still be played on the 3ds, the next handheld will probably be just a bigger 3ds with the same games. 3ds exclusive? no, then it wouldn't be very compatible with the rest of the ds games, red and blue were remade so kanto pokemon and some johto pokemon can be traded to hoen. gold and silver were remade so johto, kanto, and some hoen pokemon can be traded into sinnoh, the poke park was implemented so we could get our gen 3 pokemon from a gba cart into a ds cart. poketransfer was implemented so we could get our pokemon from gen 4 (and the gen 3 pokes that were poke parked in) into gen 5. there will probably be a ruby/saphire remake because the ds and ds lite are becoming a thing of the pass and we no longer have a gba slot (way to go nintendo). remakes are done not necesarily out of nostalgia but more out of necessity. In short red and blue were necessary to play on the gba, gold and silver to play on the ds. now maybe ruby and sapphire to play on the ds too. I doubt there will be any 3ds eclusive games cause that would just cut it off from every ds game they made. and by then there will probably be only new 3ds's made and no one's going to want to step back down to dsi/ds/ds lite anymore and using one 3ds with a 3ds exclusive pokemon game and another 3ds with a ds pokemon game would just be silly.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back