• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Would you ever like to see Diamond and Pearl remade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
  • I really dont see the reason why there should ever be a Diamond and Pearl remake. Remakes are usually made for much older things, not current (or somewhat current). Besides, I really like how Diamond and Pearl turned out to be so if they were to make a remake of those games, I would think twice before buying them.

:t354:TG

Pokémon Trainer Dylan

Pokémon League Champion
    Years
  • I'm almost positive that there will be Diamond and Pearl remakes simply because of money and I will definitely buy them. However, the only games that I see the need to remake right now are Red and Blue and Ruby and Sapphire considering the 3DS doesn't have a slot for Game Boy games.

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
    Years
  • D/P/P is going to be remade untill gen 8 (if there's going to be a gen 8)

G/S/C ---> Remade in 2010 (2011 = gen 5)
    R/S/E ---> Remade in 2014 (2015 = gen 6)
    LG/FR ---> Remade in 2018 (2019 = gen 7)
    D/P/P ---> Remade in 2022 (2023 = gen 8)

And yeah you get it.

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
  • I doubt that there will be any remakes on these games because their game-play is not that old. Maybe in 50 years when everything wiil be 5D and players will be transferred right into the game : D

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

No doubt they will be remade, but not for a long time

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • I don't know. Sinnoh has never grown on me much, it's a cold and boring region, and I don't like most of the Pokemon. Unlike the Pokemon I have hated in previous regions at first, Sinnoh Pokemon have never really grown on me. If they do remake it, they should use the Platinum dex. It's the only Sinnoh game I actually am able to play through without getting bored.

*Latias

It's so cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2012
    Well, calm down. xD They still have to remake R/S/E... D/P don't look so old to be remade... maybe in two or three years, I just hope they won't need to make the sixth generation before publishing the remakes of D/P: it would be just too much. lol

moonlightning

Bird Of Thunder
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2019
    Sure, but I hope they find a way to introduce non-level related difficulty levels for in-game because 4th gen was really easy to begin with and with item abuse the elite four are pitiful. (Anyone set up all their stats to +6 with X items facing Cynthia's Spiritomb on a Shellos and sweeping her to prove a point?)

Sinnoh was a great region but it suffered from "Game freak trying to do 3d" sydrome. I'd love to see it brought back like a handheld XD: Gale Of Darkness in the future. The Spear Pillar event would be amazing.

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    No. No. No. Absolutely not. The worst games in the series, by far. The Pokemon were terrible, the story was terrible, everything was just absolutely terrible. I couldn't stand it at all. It was torture playing through the entire game. D/P should just be forgotten and never spoken about again. Ever.

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
    Years
  • I could see it happening a loooooonnng time in the future. DPPt isn't outdated yet, whatever you people might think. Unlike G/S/C, you can actually still buy platinum in stores! (I think? I saw one sometime this year...) I'd say RSE are more likely since most people don't play those anymore...

Years
  • it seems to me to be a little too early to tell if diamond or pearl needs to be remade. honestly, i like them just the way they are. but then again i said that about silver version and gold version too and they remade those (which i really like). there's really no telling what they plan to do in the future with these 4th generation games.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2011
    I hate it when they make remakes...its just them trying to suck more money out of the community if u ask me

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I hate it when they make remakes...its just them trying to suck more money out of the community if u ask me
    Well, like any other company, GameFreak's main purpose is making money. It's why they introduce newer generations every few years, why they bring out a third counterpart of the first two releases, why they have version exclusives, and why the eventually bring out their remakes. Not to mention the games that are made for other systems such as the Wii. GameFreak's not making you buy the game if you don't want to, but they are trying to temp you into purchasing their games; especially if it's a remake of a generation you fell in love with.

That said, I just think it's too early to be thinking about a remake of Diamond and Pearl. Platinum itself was only released just three or four years ago. It's hard to say what you'd like, because you don't know what we'll have by then. What kind of graphics the game will have and if it'll be in full 3D? What kind of handheld will it be operated on, and what features would that handheld offer? There's a lot of questions that factor in, so I couldn't really say what I would want.

The games were enjoyable, especially Platinum. Would I mind a remake? Perhaps, yes. Let's just wait some years to see the path Pokémon is taking before we get there.

Mr. Waltzie

Major Fan!
    Years
  • Hmm, I'm not a big fan of D/P/Pt's story but I don't mind seeing them being remade into a more advance ones. I mean it's good to always see that they bring back the old games and refresh them again into a new fresh ones with new features. But for now, I don't think I will be happy to see their remakes if they are about to remake it now.

Years
  • Well, like any other company, GameFreak's main purpose is making money. It's why they introduce newer generations every few years, why they bring out a third counterpart of the first two releases, why they have version exclusives, and why the eventually bring out their remakes. Not to mention the games that are made for other systems such as the Wii. GameFreak's not making you buy the game if you don't want to, but they are trying to temp you into purchasing their games; especially if it's a remake of a generation you fell in love with.

That said, I just think it's too early to be thinking about a remake of Diamond and Pearl. Platinum itself was only released just three or four years ago. It's hard to say what you'd like, because you don't know what we'll have by then. What kind of graphics the game will have and if it'll be in full 3D? What kind of handheld will it be operated on, and what features would that handheld offer? There's a lot of questions that factor in, so I couldn't really say what I would want.

The games were enjoyable, especially Platinum. Would I mind a remake? Perhaps, yes. Let's just wait some years to see the path Pokémon is taking before we get there.

I see your point, and I expect they'd be thinking that too, but you should remember that Yellow came out in 1999 (2000 in some countries), and FireRed and LeafGreen came out in early 2004. I know, it feels like it was weeks ago, but I fully expect that Game Freak will get right to work on D/P/Pt remakes at, if not well before, the time that 6th gen comes out.

drosewood67

Opeslum League Champion
    Years
  • It'd be cool for them to do a DP remake someday. I speculate it'll happen in the 7th Gen if the pattern continues, even though Gen. V broke it. Any who, the DP games were my favorite, so I'd be thrilled to journey Sinnoh again! :D

Gen. III --> Gen. I
    Gen. IV --> Gen. II
    Gen. V
    Gen. VI --> Gen. III
    Gen. VII--> Gen. IV

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back