• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Would You Guys Like The Idea Of Having A Pokemon Game With All The Regions/Pokemon?

All Regions. All Pokemon. Yes or No

• Total voters

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
I believe that is possible to make a good game with 10 regions, but only an exceptional dev team may succeed this. Read more in my older post. I've seen playable games with 4 regions.

Spoiler:
  • A) Combination of maps solve around of 80% of this problem. Remembers that GSC Kanto have around of 35% the size of RBY Kanto.
  • B) A good developer can think in something to make the plot more interesting, probably without following the GYM formula in every region.
  • C) Animated battlers and MP3 that make the filesize large. Without these things, every region probably adds to the filesize less that 10 MB.
  • D) You can put less trainers or even cut the exp gain by half.

I've tried my hand at developing games for a year or two now, and all I can say is that projects will take at least 10x longer to complete than you think. Having aspirations is great, but if you don't set realistic goals your game will never be finished. Trust me, I've had so many projects wither away because of lofty expectations.
The first game that I completed in RPG Maker I spent 4x the time that I first thought that I will spend. A game with Essentials is even more complex! To new devs: start slowly like I said in my guide.

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2015
It would become pretty boring after playing the same game. And I think it might be tough to create such a story plus the game wont keep players that intrested.

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2023
If you add more than one region, make it so you travel from one region to another more multiple times in your adventure, don't make it like "Ok, Kanto's done, now we move on to Hoenn." That's just boring and stupid, make it so you travel back and forth and access new locations depending on the plot and storyline.

Back