• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you join team rocket?

Years
  • If this was the games I'd have said yes to see what would happen but in an actual Pokemon world, no all the way. I'd rather not join the bad guy group.. unless I'm going there to spy on them. :D;

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I would have definitely said yes in the game if it meant something different for the progression of the storyline. Like, if everything was the same up until then, and it was kind of a 'choose your own adventure' esque thing for a moment, letting you choose to either fight for the side of evil or good. Maybe later, Blue would assume your role as the hero fighting against Team Rocket and you could switch sides again if he proved to be too much, or you could keep your pursuit, perhaps ending in a final battle between you two when Giovanni fell.

I think that kind of thing would have added a brand new element to the games that made them much more exciting.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I would definitely join Team Rocket if it was an option in the games. If I lived in the actual Pokémon world though, I wouldn't have. I'd rather not waste my time getting rich through crime when I could become a Pokémon breeder and get rich by making people pay me money to breed their Pokémon for them lol

No, I wouldn't have said yes. Team Rocket might be the first and original evil team in pokémon, but they have the worst goal. They want to become rich through crime, basically. Compared with the other teams, they are quite shallow and plainly evil ^^;
    They also fund cruel experiments to Pokémon (like what happened to Mewtwo). Just throwing that out there.

Fujiko

Devon Corporation Secretary
    Years
  • That is a hard question to answer without knowing my exact job description, my benefits and my rate of pay xD

I might have considered joining to work a position that is necessary but distant from criminal activities such as book keeping, data entry or something like a secretary / assistant position.

If I had to steal Pokemon from others though I don't think I could go through with it.

Dansparce

The Unbeatable
    Years
  • In game, sure why not? It would add a lot more variety to being the hero all the time. But in real life there's no way that i'd join them. It'd be like joining a gang or an organized crime syndicate in real life and would consistently risk my chances of staying alive.

Nakala Pri

Hmmm... I know they steal Pokemon, but they are so cool! I love their outfits, plus hanging with Meowth would rock! So yeah, as long as I got a Pikachu! xD

CptSwaggerPants

Hi, I'm John Wayne..JK, I CAMP
    Years
  • Lol id join them because im a pirate at heart

Then join Team Aqua? I jest, but seriously I most likely would. I have always loved Team Rocket when I was a young tot; I used to recite Jessie and James' motto constantly to the utter disgust of everyone else.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2022
    (Virtual facepalm) No, they can't do anything without messing up or failing,so no I won't join I don't want to die early from a massive stress induced-headache from them .......

Back