• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you like future Movies to be in theatres globally?

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    I for one would love Pokemon movies to be in the box office like they do in Japan. Not only do we get special event Pokemon but it's also a great way in getting our friends interested in the franchise. I looked forward to the day when my I could take my friend out to see Pokemon ^_^ But now I've left them and look to making a new set of friends.

What do you think about global box office releases? or are you fine with good ol' Cartoon Network premiering the movies in English?

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2011
    I don't admit being a Pokemon otaku (going as far as knowing the fine details of each Pokemon, knowing the names of Pokemon at the back of my hand, collecting Pokemon cards, filling up my pokedex etc.), but I'll look forward to Pokemon movies being released in my country (which is not Japan). A major reason why Pokemon movies are no longer shown in cinemas outside Japan is because of low popularity. If only there could be another Pokemon boom outside Japan...

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I wouldn't mind if they were released in theaters, but I would much prefer them to come out on TV so I would be able to watch them at home, but that's just mu opinion.

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
    Years
    I wouldn't pay to see that. The Pokemon movies are boring in my opinion. The story is always the same.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    Honestly I LOVED going to see the first 3 in theaters myself, but those 3 were also the best movies IMO. The rest aren't really theater quality to me. So I'd also just rather watch them at home, though I havent seen one since Lucario movie. I LOATHE ash's new voice. I don't even watch the anime anymore.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I wouldn't mind it at all. Although, I am going to have to agree with Zayin - but only on a few of the more recent movies, they don't seem to be interesting enough to pay to watch on the big screen for an hour and a half. I don't think after movies after Mystery of the Unown really inpacked me that much - not good enough storylines.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I would have liked it if movies were in theaters first before being released on DVD, so I won't have to buy the DVD itself later on.

Reiyu

Ghost Trainer
    Years
    yah they use to have the pokemon movies in theater. i seen the first 2 in the theater and they even gave away special items! i would love them to come back again! X3

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    Yes!. Well I dont really go to theaters anyways. There has been a big boom of new pokemon or rekindled fans since black and white came out. me and my friend are going ugh, their annoying and not fans <-since we always been through pokemon show/games/tcg/alll
    Anyways on topic.

I think this a great idea, im not sure how many people would see the movie i would, i still love the show/movies But throw in something special and bam. But hey if they put out a movie marathon of older pokemon movies, there would probaly be a big bam with that too. not me

But sometimes you miss out on CN gah their getting ugh and its hardly on. and theaters or not, you still have to wait for the dvd. I dont think we even have movie 12 on dvd yet lmao.

ShinyMeowth

Gone forever
    Years
    I would love to be able to watch Pokemon movies in theaters. I could take my little cousin with me, who is also into Pokemon, and it would be a great opportunity for us to socialize.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2023
    I only saw the first movie in theaters, rented the third one, rented the one with Jirachi, and saw the Deoxys one.

Anyway, I agree with whoever said that after the Unown movie, the others simply aren't/weren't compelling enough for me to spend money to see..

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Yeah... I'd love to see "theatrical commercials" for Pokemon on TV once again, with subsequent Pokemon movie debuts in theaters. Much better than stuff like Twilight, HSM3, and Harry Potter, that's for sure. :x
    ...Then again, with it on TV, you don't have to pay (and I haven't gone to an actual movie theater for a long time anyway. XD)

Last edited:

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    ^..but I liked HMS3. xD

Well with TV true you dont have to go anywhere or pay. But you have to be there at the certain time (theaters are a bit flexable as they do it multiples. And There hardly on. Now and then true. but xD

Back