• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you like Misty/Kasumi to officially return to the series?

• Yes, I would like to see her officially return to the series.

Votes: 51 55.4%
  • No, I would rather that she would stay as a reoccuring character.

Votes: 27 29.3%
  • I honestly do not care for her regarding an official return.

Votes: 19 20.7%

• Total voters

Kasu-chan

her dearest wish~
    Years
    The reason why I'm doing this? Just to get some statistics as well as research here as well in other forums. I am doing this with the sole intention of what the opinions of the fanbase are when it comes to this topic.

Some people say that the fanbase thinks she should officially return to the group while I hear from others who say they're okay with it and prefer her to come in a cameo every now and then. I'm wondering what are your thoughts about this. I personally am okay with the fact that she is gone. As long as she continues to have her cameos, I'm completely fine with it. I'm just wondering which side the fanbase is on when it comes to this topic.

I would highly appreciate it if people would vote on the poll for the sole reason of gathering statistics and conducting my research. Also, please feel free to state your opinion in a respectful and friendly manner. Thank you.

Last edited:

Bebetrunks

.:Love:.
    Years
    She has been the best female main role in the whole series and i would love to see her back. Especially now that she has thsoe amazing pokémon! =) wonder if psyduck has evolved yet?

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I prefer that she has a cameo every now and then. She's had her time. I prefer contests to Misty anyway, and I don't think Misty would like contests as much as May and Dawn do. I dunno, it just doesn't suit her. I'd like it if Misty and May had a few D/P episodes though

Years
    If we didn't have her Housoukyoku episodes, I'd say sure. But I don't want to end up with what they did with the Mirage Kingdom two-parter, how she magically returned to the series without warning. Pass. Besides, you got similar traits in Dawn, so isn't that enough?

Plus, she just appeared at the start of BF last year, so it hasn't been long enough. Now, toward the end, or the new arc, sure. Either way, I'm good on her for a while.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    Meh, I don't think it really matters. The characters are generally about as deep as a cucumber, so I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between whichever token girl is following Ash around.

Blake55

Trainer
    Years
    Ya id like to see misty come back i also want to know what happened to her togepi does anyone know? Did it evolve or is she still carrying it around or something.

Kasu-chan

her dearest wish~
    Years
    Ya id like to see misty come back i also want to know what happened to her togepi does anyone know? Did it evolve or is she still carrying it around or something.

Misty ended up returning for two episodes which are The Princess and The Togepi and A Togetic Mirage. Ther, during those two episodes was when Togepi evolves into Togetic and in the end, Togetic stays at the Mirage Kingdom to protect al Togepi. Go see the episode for yourself. ^^

But, thank you all for the votes and opinions. =D

Years
    Yes, I would like Misty to return to the series. If she returns soon, there might even be hope for Togetic, with Togekiss still being fresh and all.

BUT: Not with Ash. They could cross paths every now and then, but if she's second to Ash again, and now Dawn, it's a definite no from me. She deserves better than just following Ash around for no reason.

A spinoff or something would be a good way to bring her back. I personally want to see her travelling with Tracey & Sakura. They were great together in the Badge-making episode. Have her make her own adventure.

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    I want her to come back, yeah. I think EVERYONE does. XD May and Dawn are cool, but... no one beats Misty.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    Misty? She's really powerful now. It would be rather unfair for Team Rocket. Besides, she has a full-time job at the Cerulean Gym - she doesn't have time to play around with Ash.

Off-Topic: Hey, I want May to meet with Dawn in the Grand Festival.

Ichikool

D/P Lover
    Years
    • Age 32
    • NY
    • Seen Feb 26, 2018
    "I honestly do not care for her regarding an official return." ^-^

I like Misty, but I don't really want her back... maybe for a visit episode, but not an official return, desu. :x

Off topic: Gymnotide, I want that to happen also! ~

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    I voted yes for the official return, because out of all the female protagonists in this show, The only one who earns my loyalty is Misty. the reason being is that She is truly the only female anime character to date (or at the very least one of the extremely rare female) in the pokemon anime, or any anime for that matter, who is NOT of the female anime stereotype.

Listen, no offense to any May or Dawn fans here, but no matter how loyal you are to May or Dawn, you do have to admit that they are of that offensive female anime stereotype. My hatred of that stereotype started way back in 1997, with Princess vs. Princess, with those animalistic squealing airheaded females, and also, that particular episode is also what made my Loyalty to misty go to the extreme (notice how, when all of those animals squealed in all 3 scenes, she and jessie were the only ones to keep their composure).

Then later on in life, my hatred of this stereotype expanded when I was Introduced to the graphic novel known as "Love Hina". Eventually, when I went to the hospital, I encountered May for the first time, and after hearing what i thought was her voice, I hated her.

Listen all Misty fans/Pokemon Fans who are still in doubt across all pokemon forums who are reading this, we must bring back Misty! The show has severely gone downhill, it's moral principles have been completely wiped away and replaced with this obscenity, we must stop the spread of the female anime stereotype (If not completely abolish that stereotype). Don't let the ratings fool you, the show has indeed gone downhill (believe me, ratings are overrated, you really shouldn't trust them, especially since statistics show that the ratings rise when they show some very dirty stuff on tv). would you rather have the Female anime stereotype corrupt people any further? Does anyone of you really want the global population to believe that females act like THIS, THIS, How May acted whem she lost the Kanto grand festival (much less May, Period), How dawn acted with that Bedhead, Or especially like How those FEMALES acted in Princess Vs. Princess?! I don't know about any of you, but I most certainly don't want that. This Is why I am attempting to bring back Misty, and I would do anything to bring back Misty onto the show, even if it means initiating a global boycott of the franchise.

P.S. In case you're wondering, my hatred of the Female Anime Stereotype was pretty much influenced by a family relative of mine.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    K-chan! *glomps*

I'm fine with Misty staying as a recurring character. Honestly, her character has been developed to the point where there's not much to do with her. Except for romantic purposes. Oh yes! xD In fact, she showed the greatest development remaining at the Gym, where she wouldn't be constantly shoved into the background by other characters.

Take a look at Johto!Misty. On the unfortunate side, she became really nothing more than a walking taxi for a telepathic egg. Her last hurrah as a main character came in the Whirl Islands tournament. When she willingly left the main group to accept her responsibilities as a Gym Leader, it showed that she matured to the point where she was willing to take on those responsibilities. In the beginning of the series, it looked to me at least that she didn't want to stay at the Gym, which is probably why she was fishing on the outskirts of Pallet Town. But now she's had enough of traveling, except to see her friends, so it shows maturity.

Really, leaving the show was the best thing that could have happened to her, especially as a character.

Right now, in the foreseeable future, there really isn't anything for Misty to do if she came back. For a cameo appearance, perhaps the writers can come up with something. (Which is also what I'm hoping for with May. At least something to show how well she did in Johto and how much she changed by being "on her own" now.) But to give Misty another go as a main character or her own spin-off series? To me, that would just be dooming her character to become stale again. Leave her at the Gym where she can get in that battle experience to become a great Water trainer.

Last edited:
    Years
    Y'know, I'm going to revise my original statement and go with weedle and Hanako. With the only current exception to the female anime stereotype being Jessie, which is nice, but we need more. So, I'll go with that. And like Hanako, Misty's departure was a good sign of growth, particularly during the return of the GL segment of her life. So, I take it back.

Although, I do like May's neurosis. But that's a personal thing. Heh.

Extreme

Ex Captain of the 5th Division
    Years
    Nah Kasumi is old news. Besides I never really liked her. I would love to see haruka, she is awesome. Hikari oozes enough coolness we don't need to see kasumi anymore.

Back