• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you like Misty/Kasumi to officially return to the series?

Would you like Misty/Kasumi to officially return to the series?

• Yes, I would like to see her officially return to the series.

Votes: 51 55.4%
  • No, I would rather that she would stay as a reoccuring character.

Votes: 27 29.3%
  • I honestly do not care for her regarding an official return.

Votes: 19 20.7%

• Total voters

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    I'd love to see Misty return to the series. Watching reruns of the Old Pokemon series, I really do miss her as part of the main cast. I want to see how much she has changed. ^.^

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I don't think misty should come back besides cameos. She is too much of a tomboy for ash, and too old. i may not know what a stereotype is but i say may and dawn's characters a much better than misty's. Imagine if misty was the main character of pokemon, Ash would be looking up to her. which get's embarrasing and towards eventually, hatred, but if the primary role was switched to ash after jotho, May would be looking up to him, just like know EXCEPT we wouldn't have had that adaptability in this "alternate dimension" which makes us see a topsie turvey in the show. back into reality, you see my point? maybe not, but i mean that thew writers had to get rid of her before a Pokeshipping strike, because of too much ash looking up to misty fear in her extended secondary role. so a girl looking up to ash was perfect, it isn't really human nature for the primary to look up to the secondary. but may was rided cause writers thought she seemened better with drew (my butt). So that's how whe ended up with dawn. If misty returned to the series it may seem unlikely that ash will look up to her because he matured but MISTY MATURED TOO so permanent appearences will be dangerous for the show since we all saw the truth of how Secondary looks to primary not the other way around

phew, i better lay of the smart language, i have 3/4 idea of what i just said, i hope weedle_mchairybug doesn't start a debate with me.

misty-slave09

Kasumi<3
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 12, 2009
    I would love to see Misty return.
    None of the other girls bring comedy to the show like Misty did.
    Unless thier in a contest battle May and Dawn are just BORING characters.

The arguements Misty and Ash use to have back in the day were always fun to watch.
    But when Ash argues with May or Dawn its like watching two 6 year olds fight over a piece of candy.

Not to mention Misty is probably the best pokemon trainer out of all 3 of them.
    Even with just water pokemon Misty could squash May and Dawn in battle.

But honestly I dont think Misty will return OFFICIALY.
    Misty is not a coordinator so there not gonna bother making her the lead female again.

Maybe one day Misty will get her own show....

Monzae

Poison Technician
    Years
  • Misty? That whingy little snot? Sure. She actually added character to the show and was far less annoying than Ash and his stupid decisions.

Or maybe Rachel Lillis got a bit sheety doing two voices in the show.. but I hear they got new voice actors.. lame..

Kasu-chan

her dearest wish~
    Years
  • I don't think some people have understood one part of the first post properly.

Kasu-chan said:
    Also, please feel free to state your opinion in a respectful and friendly manner.

Now, if some of you cannot understand that statement, then I do not know as to why you have bothered posting in the first place. Come on. I only ask for a vote and an opinion that doesn't include bashing. Please do not bother replying back to this if you post has nothing to do with the topic. Okay? Thank you, and back to business.

Monzae

Poison Technician
    Years
  • I don't think some people have understood one part of the first post properly.

Now, if some of you cannot understand that statement, then I do not know as to why you have bothered posting in the first place. Come on. I only ask for a vote and an opinion that doesn't include bashing. Please do not bother replying back to this if you post has nothing to do with the topic. Okay? Thank you, and back to business.

With all due respect, if you were referring to me, you have it totally wrong.

I was saying it in a friendly/joking matter. It's not my problem if someone wants to take discussing this topic too seriously.. It's only a cartoon character in a cartoon show.

Misty was awesome for her time but looking back; I dont know. I just found I got more annoyed at her every episode I watch.

Seems the voting is equal :O

Last edited:

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
  • I miss having someone focused on something other then gyms and contests. Being the greatest water trainer of all time.. I miss that. Heck, if she returned alongside Dawn, I'd be ecstatic, it'd up the male - female ratio to 1:1, which would be awesome.

vizforte

The Memoriam.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2009
    I liked how they always had the tension between Ash and Misty. Being in love and such. But after so long, it started to seem like a sexual tension. Which was funny, for a children's show. And probably one of the reasons they started doing other things, sidekick wise. Misty only ever seemed to be interested in boys and water pokemon, the later being fine. But the former, being a lil over done. I personally really like Dawn. She's girly girl, freaks out about her hair and stuff. But, she's a good contrast to Ash and Brock. Brock should have his own show. ^^

Years
  • Monzae, I'm sure you were just being facetious, but with text, you have to be careful, as we may not get your intonation/tone/intent. That's all Kasu-chan meant, really.

Now, let's get back on topic. Should we have Misty back just to display her Azurill more? Discuss.

nakoma

gothic pokemon person
    Years
  • i would like to see her come on more as a reacurring character. i'd like to see her come hang out with ash and co for like five episodes leave for ten come back for 1 sorta deal. i think it would be to crowded for her to return. if you look having brock,may,max and ash max often got over looked as a character and it would be the same with misty if she was to be an official character again not to mention she is now in the anime the official gym leader for ceruleuan city she would be over looked and not have a big enuff part.

Chelc

Years
  • As I stated on SPPf - no.

I like Misty, but she's a Gym Leader now. Being the Cerulean City Gym Leader is a huge accomplishment, and she's no longer just one of Ash's companions. I think she's happy with where she is and what she's doing. I like her appearances from time to time, but that's it - if she ever does return, she needs something to do. I wouldn't be able to stand her, well...just standing there and cheering Ash on. ._.;

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I'd like to see her around occasionally, but I'd rather she not return as a main character.
    A couple of years ago, I may have said Yes, but now I find her somewhat annoying.

That, and she had her run in the series, about 7 years worth of it.

Not to bash Misty, I mean.. sure I like her, and I think it'd be cool if she came back for awhile to see the others, I just can't see her in the main cast again. I'd be a little dissapointed if she replaced Dawn, but not personality-wise, just looks. xD; I think Hikari is awesome looking.. and Misty.. meh. >>; However, Hikari can get on my nerves too.

Avolition

TEN THOUSAND FISTS
    Years
  • I'd like to see her around occasionally, but I'd rather she not return as a main character.
    A couple of years ago, I may have said Yes, but now I find her somewhat annoying.

That, and she had her run in the series, about 7 years worth of it.

Not to bash Misty, I mean.. sure I like her, and I think it'd be cool if she came back for awhile to see the others, I just can't see her in the main cast again. I'd be a little dissapointed if she replaced Dawn, but not personality-wise, just looks. xD; I think Hikari is awesome looking.. and Misty.. meh. >>; However, Hikari can get on my nerves too.

Nah, not to flame or anything, but I don't like Dawn's looks. She has messed up hair, even worse than May's. She also has the pink miniskirt, which is kind of... whorish for a 10 year old. That's not to hurt anyone's feelings or anything, but to me, it makes it clear that Misty is the better choice. That's just my opinion. Also, auth, sorry I posted again here. Kind of a habit when I have something else to say.

Blayze

Team Magma Co-Leader
    Years
  • "I honestly do not care for her regarding an official return."
    I never really liked Misty. Not for any particular reason, I just didn't care for her on the show.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2008
    YES!!!! I miss her so... Shes my favorite female charcter! (also i think brock is going a tiny bitt nuts with girls without her xD)

Back