• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you like Misty/Kasumi to officially return to the series?

Would you like Misty/Kasumi to officially return to the series?

• Yes, I would like to see her officially return to the series.

Votes: 51 55.4%
  • No, I would rather that she would stay as a reoccuring character.

Votes: 27 29.3%
  • I honestly do not care for her regarding an official return.

Votes: 19 20.7%

• Total voters

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I liked how they always had the tension between Ash and Misty. Being in love and such. But after so long, it started to seem like a sexual tension. Which was funny, for a children's show. And probably one of the reasons they started doing other things, sidekick wise. Misty only ever seemed to be interested in boys and water pokemon, the later being fine.

Uh...were we watching the same show? I don't mean to sound mean, but...where was the sexual tension? And the only time that Misty ever shown any interest in another boy was that boy from Orange Islands

RSL

RaikouSpecialLover
    Years
  • Off topic, why does everyone like Misty so much? I don't see anything "special" aside from being a Gym Leader and being involved in fan-made shippys. Besides, it was her attitude from Kanto that made me dislike her in the first place, even though I know that she matured since then.

bluechu

World's Only Blue Pikachu!
    Years
  • personally...i never did like misty to begin with. it is kinda fun seeing her around from time to time though. personally, i like May the best (before the voice changes! X3) dawn just seems a little to (thinking of a good way to put it..) "bubbly" to me. i do think i might even like misty over dawn! comin back for good, not my favorite idea..making a fun little splash every now and again, why not?

Kitori_theTeamAquaSuicune

Aqua Snagger Kitori
    Years
  • I'd prefer it if no one was with Ash. So I'm pretty much with she shouldn't be back in the series.
    Seriously, I think Brock and Misty should be back in their gyms where they belong, and as for May and the Diamond chick, they should be on their own path...

Dyegov

Spider Pig!
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Apr 1, 2008
    I would like her to back, since she has been the best female character in my opinion.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Sure I want her to to come back in the series. She was awesome during Season 1-5. There is something around her, that I really like that Dawn and May didn't have. Don't get me wrong. I like May and Dawn, but Misty is a lot better. I watched her from the beginning, and she grew on me. So I want her to come back. But if not cameos would be great. Just don't shut her out.

This is a Pokeshipper fan and Original Trio(Ash, Misty, Brock) fan taking..

Moving on...lol.

Shadowz

Among the Shadowz...
    Years
  • I would be absolutley thrilled to have Misty back. But Ash Dawn and Brock suit Sinnoh so i'm not sure, maybe if they make another Kanto Series then definetley

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
  • Shinji: I feel she still has some untapped potential. I find her fun to work with in fanfiction. My girlfriend Crystal Clair (whose account I'm using temporarily) feels she's welcome to return to the series but says she's perfectly happy with the way the show is right now.

..... I bet that's because of me ^^'
    So I, and Crystal Clair say she's welcome back whenever but it's not like we needher now.

PokemonRox

h a r u h i
    Years
  • I dont want her to come back forever but it would be cool if Misty came and visited Ash and they started to travel around for a few episodes but then after that misty had to return to the gym

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2007
    Maybe Ash should visit her gym ans acidently burn it down and misty would travel with him due to being homeless?

Ariel

tsugi no mai, hakuren.
    Years
  • I want her to come back, yeah. I think EVERYONE does. XD May and Dawn are cool, but... no one beats Misty.

I second this!!!
    I heart the little red-head <333

I REALLY want her to come back. I feel that Nintendo have brought too many characters into it. Ash/Misty/Brock/Tracy/May&Max was WAY enough. Instead of dragging people like Dawn into it, why not spend more time making Ash and the original gang more deep and more like real people?

No offence against May & Dawn, just I feel they pale in comparison to Misty.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    No offence against May & Dawn, just I feel they pale in comparison to Misty.

But Misty done nothing in the show. Really. In Kanto, she got to yell at Ash. But when she got Togepi she was just...more in the background than before. She was good through Orange Islands but by Johto she was about as active as Brock. She got to compete in the Whirl Islands and came in the semi-semi finals, rendering the whole tornament pointless. While May and Dawn got to be main characters and contests became a main part of the show, as well as gym battles. If anything, Misty is pale in comparision to May and Dawn. I'm not saying I don't like Misty, I just don't feel she would add much to the show if she came back. I wouldn't like to see her become a co-ordinator because I don't think that's her thing really/ I would've liked to see her become a water Pokemon master but there's not much she can do about that if she's travelling with Ash. Same with Brock.

Rebel Charizard

The flames are waiting
    Years
  • It would be nice for misty to come back. I read something about her japanise voice actor sayin she'll return.

Also does anyone wanna see max as a trainer that would be could cool ralts, poochena and all those other pokemon he made freinds with.

Maybe Ash should visit her gym ans acidently burn it down and misty would travel with him due to being homeless?

thats okay but look at it this way, she made a whole load of trouble cause pikachu zapped her bike imagine what she'd do if ash burn't the gym down plus they were able to fix a bike but lets be honest ash can't pay to fix a gym neither can he fix it himself.

Last edited:

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
  • Shinji (the character) basically covered it for me

The main reasons I'd be hesitant to have Misty comeback onto the show is because
    she may not be like what we wanted her to be
    she'd do absolutely nothing in the show

and she'd threaten all the potential ComaShipping hints

Years
  • I miss Misty, she was and still is my favorite character, and part of me does want her back, but the other doesn't.
    I do want her back, because it just isn't the same w/o, but I only want her back if she did something, not just sit in the sidelines, while Ash, and Dawn (or whoever the next girl will be) do their things. I think that if she had a new goal, or had something that had to do with Water Pokemon (like have gyms for water trainers, or something), then I would love to have her back. But, honestly if she didn't have anything to do, I'm happy with her just showing up in Cameos.

Rebel Charizard

The flames are waiting
    Years
  • perhaps a cameo would be better but if Nintendo invented something other than gym battles an costests i reckon they'll just bring someone else in the show.
    I mean in the hoenn contests it was may (female trainer of r/s/e) and sinnoh it was dawn (female trainer of d/p) anyone noticin an obvious pattern.
    If it was somethin like the battle frontier and ash was still doin gyms then max might back but now more than ever i'm sure all the characters wll be makin cameos on the show. Still theres to many main caracters now, ash, oak, misty, brock, tracy,snap (even thogh appered in only about 6 episodes), may, max, dawn plus zoey and paul to some extent

Shinji (the character) basically covered it for me

The main reasons I'd be hesitant to have Misty comeback onto the show is because

anyone notice that paul is kinda of a sicko but is more like us than of the other people on the show(for me that is)

Last edited:

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Shinji (the character) basically covered it for me

There we go.

I like this girl's logic.

Hurray for Comashipping. xD

As for my thoughts on Misty, well I've already stated them here once, so I won't repeat myself.
    But I doubt she'd add much to the show if she did return.. Unless, as I said before, it was only for one or two episodes.
    & yet that feels like it's done before. >>;

J-Rad

In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz
    Years
  • yes cauz 1 of the main reasons i barely watch the anime anymore is that the go trid of misty and replaced her w/ misty wannabes

Back