• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you name a pet after a pokemon? Have you?

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    So, wouldcha?:D I personally would!!! I haven't, but maybe I will in the not 2 distant future. I always thought it would be cool to have a dog named Houndoom lol.

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
    Nope.
    Couldn't see my self naming my cat Delcatty.
    Couldn't see me naming my dog Entei, Suicune or Raikou either.

Spearow

mr. nobody
    Years
    hmmmm... can't say that I can think of any pokemon names that would be appropriate for a dog or cat, but a hamster/rat/gerbil/small rodent named Pikachu would be super adorable. And it's mainstream enough that people most likely would just chuckle when you told them, instead of giving you a "wtf are you on?" look.

*hylian*sakura*

Rawr~ =3
    Years
    LOL. I named my two goldfish Goldeen and Seaking. They died though. >.> I think it can be cute or dumb. It depends on what you're naming and what the pet looks like.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    No because pokemon names are just odd and I don't want my pet's name to be weird.

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    Nope, the thought never crossed my mind. I really doubt I'd ever consider naming a pet after a Pokemon. It just feels like the wrong thing to do...

The wrong thing to do lol? Have you seen how many Calico's are named "Callie", how many yellow dogs are named "Butters", etc? If anything I think that the pet could enjoy a break from the monotonous cliches pet owners tend to use over and over (myself included;)).

The names could be a couple syllables to long though:S But using a nick like "Zard, or "Chu" might remedy that:D I would totally call a dog by "Doom". Forget you guys:p

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I can't say that I've ever named one of my pets after a Pokémon. Nor can I say that the thought has come across my mind too many times either. I just don't see myself calling one of my family pets after a Pokémon to be honest. Though, I have done just the opposite and renamed one of my Houdooms in Platinum to Mia after my Doberman puppy I once had. This is actually the only Pokémon I have nicknamed after my own pet as I don't typically nickname my Pokémon.

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    Haha Persian would be cool. My cat is so huge.. Only Garfield or Purugly would be realistic options;) I'm definitely getting a goat, and naming it Arceus.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    In game, I nicknamed my Mightyena to Copy based on my real life dog. In real life, I actually named my chick Torchic because of it's red feathers. (Those actually exist. :/)

Back