• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you stay faithful?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Warning: This thread may involve imagination for some. Also inspired by seeing some guy at the doctor's.

Imagine that you had a bf or gf (this is where the imagination comes in if you don't) and they got into a car accident and they entered vegetative state or got amnesia, or if their face was ruined, something along those lines...

Would you stay faithful to them even after what had happened? (Yeah this is kinda like looks vs.. person.)

And I would~

Years
    Amnesia? Yes. Vegetative state? Depends. Ruined Face? Yes. Something along those lines? Yes. XD

Yes this may seem harsh but most people under a vegetative state (which is like, complete disability, not just disabled at legs or hands or stuff.) don't really have a way of communicating. I have already discussed this with other people, and IMO, morally, best thing to do to someone who is completely disable, is let them pass on.

sorry danica ;; ilu. If they cannot communicate with you about how they're feeling, what is the point?
    They could be feeling torture and you would not know. They could hate this aspect of being a vegetable for the rest of their life, with nutrient injections and such required over food.

no communication, no point. But otherwise, yes, I would stay faithful.

Years
    I've never been in a relationship for under three months (or over four months for that matter) but hypothetically speaking if I'd only been going out with them for only a week and a half or something it might be different to if I had been going out with somebody for a month or a year or whatever. But definitely, if I loved them I would stay with them, even in a vegetative state. It wouldn't be the same, but I wouldn't leave them for that.

Years
    If my one true love, who I've shared many wonderful experiences with, entered a condition so brutal to their welfare like that...

I will always stand by him, through sickness and in health.

I know how this sort of thing can hurt and I can imagine he will be needing all the love and support he can get during that rough time. Simply looking for more relief in the outside world just seems so selfish and disloyal to me and just goes against anything I promised him in the past. I've always felt so devoted to him, so I will want to stay by my partner and feel as close to him as I possibly can.

My place is by his side, and I will never intend to leave it.

Roxas90

That Awkward Kid
    Years
    If they were a complete vegetable, I'd probably let them die. In all the cases I've encountered like that, it was the life support keeping them alive anyway.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    If I were truly in love with this one person, and I've shared unforgettable memories from time to time with them, then...

I see no turning back on them no matter the condition. I would stay faithful, and if the love is true between that girl and I, then there is no way I would easily find someone else to be with. This is like a test of love, and to think that I would leave just because of a condition or change in appearance, I would consider myself a failure.

I'm sure the experience would be overwhelming and tough to go through, but I just couldn't picture myself giving up on this matter. At least not with the one I love.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Vegetable is where I draw the line. Before I make a commitment to anyone, I'll need them to sign a legal document stating that I can pull the plug on them if ever they are reduced to a vegtative state.

Ayselipera

I guess if they were my true love then I would be compelled to stay with them.

For the most part though if I had a boyfriend who was in a vegetative state and would be for the rest of his life then I would not stay with him. Thats just something I could never spend the rest of my life doing. Also if something like that happened to me and I had a boyfriend at the time I would truly be much happier if he were to recognize that he will always love who I was, but move on to live his own life. I wouldn't want to drag someone I love down like that.

If my boyfriend had amesia or a disfigured whatever I'd still stay with them. I just could never do a vegetative state.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    As much as I myself would want to seek the company of another woman, if nothing else but in the deep recesses of my mind, my conscience and love for said woman would never let me leave... ever. I just know my personality and I know I could never leave someone I truly loved to be alone when faced with something of that caliber. They need someone to be there, and I'd make sure that someone was me.

Then again, I'd truly have to love this person. I'll be honest, I've not been in too many relationships where it was more than just a little fling. Both of us not really looking for anything serious, but wanting the company of the opposite sex all the same. If it were a case like that... well, I'd stay with her and her family for as long as it would be appropriate - helping in any way I could, but eventually moving on.

Hope that doesn't sound as egotistical and rude to you guys as it just did to me. :x

Years
    For me, loyalty is an immense concept. I could never imagine leaving my love if they become a vegetable. If we realized that our love is mutual, I would stay by my lover's side until the end. I believe that no change in physical condition can change the person inside; if that is true, then I have no reason to leave.

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2011
    If she is paralyzed from the waist down i would have to opt for hookers or an open relationship. then again it all depends on the person and the relationship I have with them some of my ex's i would some i wouldn't

everybody is special in their own way and maybe she just became so special she doesn't need me anymore

Yes for some of my Ex Girlfriends
    No for others.

Yes for the ones with no family to watch over them, cannot leave anybody hanging like that in my world. Welcome to minnesota!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2011
    You're damn right I would. If that ever happened to my girlfriend, I would never, ever, ever, ever, ever leave their sight.

Years
    When a person gets hurt someone else needs to take care of them. When you're #1 in a person's life that someone is you. Injury, disfigurement, vegetative state - doesn't matter. It's not about you and whether it's painful or hard for you. It's about the other person and what they need to get better or cope with their situation. Even people in vegetative states can recover and may still be conscious. You have to do the best you can, find out what you can do and what kind of recovery is possible. I know I couldn't live with myself I left someone in need when there was something I could do. It seems like such a low thing even if you don't have some deep, true love kind of feeling. For me, you only leave when you agree to separate, when someone dies, or when there's no real possibility for communication.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    If I truly loved the person, I wouldn't care at all. I'd be faithful and stay by their side regardless of what happened or how long they were debilitated.

If I didn't love them that much, I'd still stay with them. At least until they got out of comatose. Then I may or may not stay with them.​

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    Vegetative/Comatose - That would be a really hard call to make. >: Personally I think that I would stay with them no matter what, but of course you always react differently when these things happen. :| I know I'd never be able to look at myself again if I did leave them and then they woke up alone ;_; Damn, that would be sad. So hypothetical answer - yeah, I'd stay.

Looks Ruined - Darn tootin' I would stay. It's not all about looks, no matter what ~society today~ says. If I love that person, it's for their personality. <3

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Looks Ruined - Darn tootin' I would stay. It's not all about looks, no matter what ~society today~ says. If I love that person, it's for their personality. <3
    Ironically enough, there are so many people saying that, that I'm wondering if the notion of looks mattering much ever actually existed.

Back