• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you still like Pokemon if..

Status
Not open for further replies.

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    It were like the Pokemon Burst series? Basically, in the Burst series, trainers combine with Pokemon for battle. It's always bothered me that in the PokeWorld these animals want to fight and its socially acceptable to capture them and make them fight haha. I thought burst was interesting because instead of just making the Pokemon fight, the trainer joined in as well.

So, would you like Pokemon as much if the main series was like Burst? Do you think the franchise would be as popular if it were?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    How did I miss this thread?!

That would be quite interesting imo, and it would appeal but to an older audience and not so much to the kids. A lot of what gets them interested is the mix of cute and...well, badass for lack of a better word, and the merging sounds like it might get rid of the cute of little animals. Although I could be wrong about that because I haven't read it, but I do feel like in general that's what might have happened. :3

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I'd at the very least like to see it made into a Spin Off. It would take the bound from Trainer to pokemon to the max. It would be interesting to see how they would implement a battle system for this type of game. As for seeing the main series more like Burst not really. I kind of like the basic formula how it is, Burst would turn that upside down for me, it's seems more of a stretch then the people wanting a "more mature" style of game.

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    Hahaha, the whole series did make more sense when I was younger. I guess it's just that now, with more knowledge, all the little things bug me. I just thought trainers fusing with the pokemon would be an interesting fix. and Make everything at least a little bit more logical :P

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Yeah, it's too mature for most of the Pokemon audience. I'm just talking majority anyway. But I'd love to see it as a game, most likely a spin-off. I can't see it happening as a mainstream game. Mainstream games should be kept the way they are, traveling throughout the region as a basic Pokemon trainer.

I could see a game like this just being like a flat-out fighting game, probably 3D or something on a platform console, say, the Wii.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2012
    I think that's a pretty cool idea. Like Toujours says, it would appeal to an older crowd, but that's not necessarily bad, and I think it would be interesting to see how they could integrate traditional RPG elements into the main series. It would give the game more depth, I think, and I would enjoy that.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    Shouldn't this belong in manga section?
    However, the answer to the question is: no no no
    Classic Pokemon battle still have many potential to developed. There still many left aspect untouched and unexposed. Have the trainer to fight alongside with the Pokemon doesn't necessarily for them combined with their Pokemon.
    Me too, want to see Pokemon with more mature audience but It will be more complex classic Pokemon battle. Not the trainer combined with their pokemon.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • As said before, Pokemon BURST is too mature for younger kids. The regular games may still appeal to older people, however.

Years
  • I .... never knew such a thing existed.

As anything else other than pokemon, I think the idea could work.. if Gamefreak ever decided to branch out and do something else. Or at least a spin off game. But I'm kind of trying to wrap my mind around "how and why" we need were-trainers in the Poke-Verse.. is there Wizards running around putting curses on people or something?

I dunno.. see I like Pokemon because it's silly and isn't supposed to make too much sense.. and probably shouldn't be taken to seriously, because the basic game play is - I'm going out into the wilds to catch critters with magical subspace balls, then I'm going home and uploading them on my computer for storage. The minute this whole thing gets "serious business" I literally start laughing at how stupid it is.

In short, I don't think I'd personally like this burst thing - as a direct pokemon game - because it would end up basically as "Card Games on Motorcycles" territory with me. Trying to be epic and "mature" but in reality failing at it.

Palladium

2012 FTW!
    Years
  • I'd love to play a game like this, but yes, this would act up more to older audience, but since I am, kinda, on that age group, I'd still like it

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I'd definitely be into that. Even though I like Pokémon how it is now, it's a bit too childish and boring. Seeing the Pokémon fight, as well as the trainers, would be pretty interesting. :)

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
  • Lol, like others here, I never even heard of this until now. xD

I have thought of this idea, to be honest, but knowing that it exists is cool. So yeah, I think I would still like Pokemon if it was like this. Although, it should like, start out as a spin off instead of a main franchise game, just so that if it doesn't do well, it doesn't interfere with our beloved franchise. :P

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    I .... never knew such a thing existed.

Me neither :laugh:

Yeah, it's too mature for most of the Pokemon audience. I'm just talking majority anyway. But I'd love to see it as a game, most likely a spin-off. I can't see it happening as a mainstream game. Mainstream games should be kept the way they are, traveling throughout the region as a basic Pokemon trainer.

I could see a game like this just being like a flat-out fighting game, probably 3D or something on a platform console, say, the Wii.

I concur with this, pretty much. I don't think the current games should be edited to include this (or the anime for that matter), but a spin-off would be nice. Just too see how it would work.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Only as a spin-off game, and even then I'd have reservations... not all trainers are weightlifters or have martial arts training and it wouldn't make sense for say, a young kid trainer, or one of those fancy rich trainers, to be getting in there and throwing down. Somehow I can't picture an elegant Lady delivering choke holds and roundhouse kicks to a Gyarados...

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Um. No. I don't think I would at all. I really disliked the idea when Digimon did it and I doubt I would like it any better even if it was my favoured series. :s

I like Pokémon so much partially because they are separate creatures. Merging just seems weird and foreign and like a horrible experiment gone wrong. It sounds too complicated and the idea just has no appeal to me whatsoever. I don't think I ever would have gotten into Pokémon in the first place had that been the premise.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back