• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you watch a Pokemon Special anime?

Pokemon Special anime? Y/N?

• Yes

Votes: 131 97.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clover Cat

Child of Gold and Crystal
Years
  • I'd love to see a Pokespe anime! XD

In Japan, mind. Agree with Ryousha and Nen, Pokemon is practically a joke in America (And wherever else it broadcasts) because of the dubbed anime version. But this will continue on to a rant soon, so...

There are two points I'm torn over. Seeing Pokespe in anime form would be awesome because of just being able to see the characters walk around, and fight, and talk. Gives it a sense of realism, if I may say so. :3 But the two things I'm worried about are hearing their voices, first off-it doesn't matter if it's in Japanese, I'd still kinda worry about hearing actual voices for the characters that I'd imagined myself. It might change my image of the characters. >.< Secondly, Pokespe is well known for it's in depth plot, storyline, and character development. But anime has a reputation (In both Japan and elsewhere) for taking the manga version of a series and shortening it, cutting things out, and destroying certain details in general. Of course, it'd probably be necessary for a series if they try to cram it into a 20-30 minute period, but for Pokespe, that would kill the series. Every little detail counts.

Although, you know, I'd probably watch it just to see Gold in anime form. <33 *Shot*

pong08

Black & White... don't fail me
    Years
  • Ok, Ryousha. First of all you do not let 4kids do the anime for pokespe. Why? IT'S 4KIDS..... GO FIGURE. And I don't think I'll have a problem with japanese voice actors at all. But I think a good choice for voice actors is getting the voice actors for the TOS 2 (Tales of Symphonia: Dawn Of The New World). I really liked their voice acting and usually I hate english subs, but that dubbing voice in english was ineffably GREAT.

Oh, and of course I would definitely watch the anime of pokespe because then it actually becomes an anime. NOT A CARTOON. It would have much more action and other more mature materials.....

On top of that, if they do decide to make an anime, I would have a chance to apply as a composer for the OST!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Star★Seeker

→s t y l e ;
    Years
  • Actually, 4kids went bankrupt sometime ago, I think. And yes, I would watch it as long as it's accesible. However, I think it should be an OVA instead of an anime. If it were an OVA it would mean there wouldn't be a need for filler arcs and the quality will be better overall.

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    I wouldn't mind a dubbed PokeSpec as along as the voice sound like these:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLMcp-gjNKU
    And Dan Green could possibly be Chuck or Lt. Surge.
    I'm used to Blue being the boy and Green being the girl so if the dub did that, I wouldn't have a problem.
    I also wouldn't mind a dub theme as long as they do something along the lines of a Yu-Yu Hakusho-esque way. (Similarized the melody and stuff just in english with an awesome singer)
    I don't care for blood, never have really so if that's edited out, meh whatever.
    Overall, I just care that they stick to the plot, have great voices, and don't cut out any episodes.

Sub would be awesome I know, so I wouldn't worry about that.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Hell yeah. As the creator said, Special is always how he envisioned the Pokemon World. Everything's way more realistic, people die and everything. I'd love to see it come to life. Oh, and Poker Face is right about 4Kids

Last edited:

pong08

Years
  • Actually, 4kids went bankrupt sometime ago, I think. And yes, I would watch it as long as it's accesible. However, I think it should be an OVA instead of an anime. If it were an OVA it would mean there wouldn't be a need for filler arcs and the quality will be better overall.

Wait, Wait a minute..... 4KIDS WENE BANKRUPT?! YES!!! (Sings Hallelujah)

@Taichi:I never liked Sakura's english dub voice. For some reason, I always thought it was one of the most annoying voices in Naruto. But hey, At least you didn't pick Sasuke's english voice for Blue.(U.S.) Oh man that would be so terrible..... (Shudders)
    I think I would like to have Green(U.S.)'s voice actor to be either Kairi from KH2 or Marta from TOS 2.

Years
  • Yes, the Poke Spec Manga has a storyline unlike the Pokemon anime, and it would freaking rock. The only problem may be the dubbing though, the characters' voices may turn out different from what we imagined... :o

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes
    Years
  • Ok, Ryousha. First of all you do not let 4kids do the anime for pokespe. Why? IT'S 4KIDS..... GO FIGURE. And I don't think I'll have a problem with japanese voice actors at all. But I think a good choice for voice actors is getting the voice actors for the TOS 2 (Tales of Symphonia: Dawn Of The New World). I really liked their voice acting and usually I hate english subs, but that dubbing voice in english was ineffably GREAT.

Oh, and of course I would definitely watch the anime of pokespe because then it actually becomes an anime. NOT A CARTOON. It would have much more action and other more mature materials.....

On top of that, if they do decide to make an anime, I would have a chance to apply as a composer for the OST!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I have that game, Emil sounds fine. They all sound fine :P.

4kids went bankrupt? YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!#((@*#*)@*(&98181897!(!&!)*&!&*(@(&*(

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    I would rather see fans trying to animate the manga series than praying for some company to make it.

MC Blaze

The Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2010
    It would be fine, I guess. About the dub, I don't really care, since I'm mexican and the latin dub is great (most of the times). I don't know why, but since I started reading PokeSpe, I always thought Red looked kinda like Ikki from Medabots (I don't know if anyone remembers that anime), and to the day, I always read PokeSpe with Ikki's voice in my head. I always imagine Green's voice serious and dense, but I can't compare it to anything.

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2016
    I'd LOVE to see a pokespe anime! I would go ahead and watch the japanese version(as long as there's english subs XD) instead of waiting for it to come to the US. However if it ever does, I pray to god that it turns out good(in otherwords 4kids doesn't touch it)

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    It depends because the aninmaters who make manga out of anime tends to wander from the actual plotline of an actual manga then Pokemon Special tend to deivate from the plotline of the games as well and some anime also tend to ruin the character's personalities. So I would watch a Pokemon Special anime only if it stick to the original plotline, but I would not mind fillers as long as they do not conflict with the actual storyline.

Magical Pokémon Journey is the only non-animated Pokémon media that needs to be animated. Pokémon Special should remain as a literature piece.

This reminds me, I need to put a link for Magical Pokémon Journey in that signature of mine.
    I look up the Pokemon manga called Magical Pokémon Journey that you mention but when I searched for it on a book store website it said to be out of stock and the link you gave was not an actual site where you could read that manga, but it was a summary on bulbapedia though I could read it, but I would like to read the actual manga so I could see the actual dialogue of the people speaking. I could buy it from a book deller, but the manga they could have some missing pages if they are not in good shape

Last edited:

pong08

Years
  • I would rather see fans trying to animate the manga series than praying for some company to make it.

You know, I've been thinking about the same thing for sometime now, but where are we gonna get the budget?

So here's the budget list:

Hiring the animators:Let's assume that the fans are doing it for free. But if we were to hire animators, they'll probably think it's a waste of time (No offense) and demand like $350 per animator per hour
    Animation Studio: probably about like couple of hundred a month like $450 per room for month
    utilities and drawing tools:probably somewhere like $80-$150 per person
    Music studio: probably somewhere around like $800 per month
    musicians: They'll probably ask for like somewhere between $100-$300 for each musician per hour
    Sound Design studio included with tools: close to like $800 a month
    Hiring the voice actors: close to like $450 per hour for person

So let's do the math: 12 voices for dex holders, along with the extra voices for all the gym leaders and the villains... let's see, 32 gym leaders, 17 main villains. Assuming that they're going to be working at least 3 hours a day...

1 voice actor's payroll=$450(hourly payroll)x3(number of hours)=$1,350
    total amount of actors=12+32+17= 61 voice actors

therefore 61 voice actors are all going to get paid at the equal amount of $1,350 so that's 61x1350= Total $82,350x730 days= $60,115,500JUST FOR THE VOICE ACTORS
    and

Let's imagine that the animators work 7 hours a day:
    1 animator's payroll= $350x7= $2,450
    multiply that number by 50 animators: $122,500!
    Multiply that number by 730 days(2 years)=$89,425,000!!!!
    also the monthly payment for the studio rooms (2 year payment total): $450x24=$10800.

Multiply that number by 50=$540,000!!

Utilities: let's say $125x50=$6,250

hiring the musicians:1 musician's payroll:let's say $175 per hour and they work for 3 hours per day, and that would equal=$525.

I like the idea of having a 70 member orchestra, a 4 member rock band, a couple of MC's so that would equal 77x525= $40,425

And times that by 183 days (close to 6 months):$7,397,775!!

Renting the music studio for 6 months= $800x183=$146,400

Renting the Sound Design Studio for 24 months(2 years):$19,200.

So the total budget is $19,200+146,400+$7,397,775+$6,250+$540,000+$89,425,000+$60,115,500=

$157,650,125!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just where can we get this kind of budget?! It's impossible! Now this budget is a guesstimate, but I imagine that the money would be somewhere near that price. Now, we can still do it for free just between us fans, but I don't think it would turn out nicely at all compared to the actual budget use of the anime making.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
  • Not that I think your numbers are right or wrong but there is a forum called the Voice Acting Alliance full of really great amateur voice actors who will work for free just to get their name out there.

I think that if you guys could get someone to do the animation the rest would be very easy. Programs and the internet have made things so simple (as far as music, musicians, voice actors etc..)

I run an independent home studio out of a room in my house and can give you quality music comparable to what you hear on the cartoon.

pong08

Years
  • Not that I think your numbers are right or wrong but there is a forum called the Voice Acting Alliance full of really great amateur voice actors who will work for free just to get their name out there.

I think that if you guys could get someone to do the animation the rest would be very easy. Programs and the internet have made things so simple (as far as music, musicians, voice actors etc..)

I run an independent home studio out of a room in my house and can give you quality music comparable to what you hear on the cartoon.

Wow, so we're gettin serious here... This is just getting started.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
  • Wow, so we're gettin serious here... This is just getting started.

A friend of mine as well is an independant director and he and I work on soundtracks as well. I think running the complete indie route you could acheive everything you need on almost no budget.

If you ever did seriously consider this, these are the things that I am POSITIVE you could get done for free:

-Voice Actors
    -Music (Recorded Original Pieces/Orchestral Pieces.) I can do both in my studio using my software and gear.
    -Advertising/Marketing

Just really the biggest obstacle is going to be the animating. I am supremely confident I can do the rest or people like me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back