• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

WPC #29 - Fusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Weekly Pixel Art Challenge: #29 - Fusion
    Hosted by: Logiedan
    Approved by: Logiedan
    Medal System activated

Theme: Spectrum Partners
    WPC #29 - Fusion

This week will be simple and small. Your task this week is to take a Pokemon that is found in one of these categories of colours and you will have to fuse it with another Pokemon. But not just any Pokemon, observe the above image which is the colour wheel. Let's take red for example. Red's opposite on the colour wheel is Green which means that they are complementary colours. Think Christmas! Green is complementary to red, and vice versa because they are across from each other on the colour wheel. Same as:
    Blue <--> Orange
    Purple <--> Yellow

So on the list, let's say I take the Pokemon Charmander, which is categorized as red, I would then choose another Pokemon which is green because green is red's complementary colour so for example, Snivy. I will have to make two of the same fusions using two bases--
    in this case, using Charmander as the base body and Snivy as the second base.

When sending in your entry please specify which Pokemon and colours used.

Omits & Cases:
    In some cases and themes there will be omits.

• You may not use Pokemon categorized as colours: Black, Grey and White.
    • No shiny Pokemon allowed.
    • Brown will be considered orange in this case
    • Pink will be considered red/purple (your choice) in this case
    Main Rules:

• One entry per person. You may update your entry until the end of the contest.
    • You can't enter if you picked the theme.
    • All work must be made from scratch (unless the current theme states otherwise).
    • No previously made work; original designs and concepts.
    • Please specify which image is your final.
    • You must PM your entry to Logiedan. DO NOT post your entry here. Voting will be done by polls the following week.
    This Week's Rules:

• Canvas Size: Unrestricted. BOTH sprites must be in one image
    • Palette Requirements: 18 colours max each sprite.
    • Transparency: Optional (WILL NOT COUNT AS A COLOUR)
    • Animation: None
    • Other: N/A
    Deadline:
    Sunday May 19th 2013 @ 11:59 PM PST

This thread is open for discussion of the theme and WPC in general. Good luck.​

Last edited:
    Years
  • At first, I was like "ugh...fusion."

But not even I can resist how fun this theme is!

P.S. An example would be helpful. I am a bit confused of what is expected of each sprite.
    I.e. Charmander as the base body and Snivy as the second base.
    So would the other be snivy as the base body and charmander as the base.

...and would the first one need to incorporate green and the second on incorporate red?
    Or is it that these need to be fused, and color choice is optional?

Thanks in advanced if someone can help a poor scratch artist understand your fusion ways :)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Can anyone clarify something for me?

"I will have to make two of the same fusions using two bases"

I am not sure if we are supposed to make two sprites but with different colors or is it we are fusing the same two pokemon twice yet with one being the dominant sprite and color?

Thanks in advance.

Shadowraze

ur mum
    Years
  • Can anyone clarify something for me?

"I will have to make two of the same fusions using two bases"

I am not sure if we are supposed to make two sprites but with different colors or is it we are fusing the same two pokemon twice yet with one being the dominant sprite and color?

Thanks in advance.

Yes two fusions with different bases for each mon.

I don't know about the color but for me I'll be using the base's pallete and some of the other mon's pallete.

Years
  • Basically when I meant two fusions with two bases, if I take Snivy & Charmander I will:

1. Use Charmander's body as the base and cut out parts from Snivy to paste onto the Charmander base. This will usually end up in a recolour of the parts to fit Charmander's red theme.

2. Use Snivy's body as the base and cut out parts from Charmander to paste onto the Snivy base. Recolour again to fit Snivy's green theme.

That means you will send me BOTH sprites.

I hope that makes it clear. And the reason this is small and simple because of the deadline being on Sunday which is actually 5 days instead of the usual 7. 5 days so we can get back on track of having consistent WPCs.

Years
  • Thanks, Logiedan.

Well, I guess I fell asleep working on it last night and somehow erased my entry :/
    But, I redid it earlier today, and ended up with a much better result, so I can't really complain. I ought to be done sometime tonight. So expect at least one more entry :)

Update:
    Entry just sent.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back