• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] Writer's Burnout

Bay

Years
  • So, you're having a great writing streak for several weeks/months. You have several ideas that have been in your head for months that you just need to write down now and the words keep flowing. Then, you start losing focus and decided a break is in order. It should only be a short one and you'll get back within some days. Those days then turned into weeks that later became months of no writing.

I think we all experience writer's burnout on occasion. Whenever you have writer's burnout, do you recover from it and how so? Do you often experience it, or only sometimes?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I haven't experienced burn out in almost two years as I have ideas flowing for at least until 2024. But, in 2015, I burned out and wasn't able to write for years. Now, I feel like I can go for a long time.

Years
  • Writing is both a hobby and a job for me, so I do it pretty much constantly and the burnout that can sometimes create is definitely something I can struggle with. I'm still figuring out how to manage it really but, honestly, the only thing you can really do is focus on other stuff as much as you reasonably can for a bit. It's not really something you can force your way through.

Back