• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen WTF moment thread

TheNewRocketMovement

Nothing suits me like a suit.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2010
    I have no idea why it was a normal type move, I'm pretty sure Gust was as well, some of the move types back then made no sense.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Mar 20, 2011
    My WTF moment was when I tried to pass sudowoodo in Crystal. I didn't planned to catch it, but when I entered the battle... It was SHINY, I didn't had any pokeball with me -_-' And since then I always buy Pokeballs in case if I meet rare or shiny one (not that I like to use them, just to have it).

Edit: Not only Karate Chop and Gust were Normal back then, but also Sand Attack and Bite.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    My WTF moment was when I tried to pass sudowoodo in Crystal. I didn't planned to catch it, but when I entered the battle... It was SHINY, I didn't had any pokeball with me -_-' And since then I always buy Pokeballs in case if I meet rare or shiny one (not that I like to use them, just to have it).

Edit: Not only Karate Chop and Gust were Normal back then, but also Sand Attack and Bite.
    lol, that sucks. Things like that happened to me so often back then. Now I always carry an abundance of PokeBalls with me on my journey.

omg, I went back to Red and remembered that GUST was normal, training Pidgey got a tad more difficult and I was no longer looking forward to Viridian Forrest. But then I caught a Pikachu and I was all better :D

Emlam

Old School
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    I felt Bite made more sense being Normal, actually, though it's nice to have it as a Dark attack. Sand Attack ... didn't really matter to me 'cuz it does no damage. :P
    Gust was annoying, yeah.

*wants a shiny Sudowoodo now*

*thinks about how inappropriate Sudowoodo looked before it attacked and you saw the sprite*

TheNewRocketMovement

Nothing suits me like a suit.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2010
    It was SHINY, I didn't had any pokeball with me -_-.

This could have happened to me, I was in The Lost Tower a few weeks ago, the screen flashed as it does when a wild Pokemon appears (Which annoyed me at the time) and then, a green Zubat appeared, luckily I had a nice number of Poke balls on me =D

Thats only the second time (Excluding the red Gyarados) I've encountered a shiny in the wild, the other one was a shiny Machop on Fire Red, stupidly I forgot I had it and restarted my game without trading it over =[

Anyhoo, lesson learned, always carry Pokeballs, I can only imagine how much I would kick myself if I bumped into a wild shiny and didn't have any Pokeballs on me.

iNinja

hi hello
    Years
    Going back to moves o_o, I remeber the move Low kick instead of doing damage according to weight, It had a flinch rate.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    WTF how good wrap was in RBY, when you couldn't attack, I hated the grass gym all because of wrap... WTF Wrap!
    lol, yeah!
    You could take out anything, given it's speed stat was low enough.

mal'akh

Hate this place. Gone for good
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    Well, I had a weird Quilava. Not design, but move. After training it for a while it learned Flame Wheel. I was excited to use the new move, so I battled the next wild Pokemon I saw with it, which was a Geodude. I used the move, and was amazed. After a few months and me restarting a couple of new games, I decided to get another Quilava. I taught it Flame Wheel went the opportunity came, and found something different about it. The first time I ever learned Flame Wheel, it was exactly that. I wheel of fire rolled from my Quilava's sprite, and hit the other Pokemon. When I got it the second time, my Quilava twirled around and tackled the Pokemon. Turns out, the tackle was what was supposed to happen. Really made me say "wtf".

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Beating Red with a team of Pokemon in their mid-40's. Come on, Red. wtf.

mal'akh

Hate this place. Gone for good
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    wow, perhaps you activated some sort of hidden data in the game?
    idk, all I know is that I was mind-fugged when I found out.
    Another was on my Sapphire. I can barely remember (for all I know it could have beena dream), but when I first got it, I was real young, and I was so excited to get it. I remember catching a Ralts, shiny, Level.5, and it knew Growl and Confusion right off the back.

MasterSceptile

Pokémon Master/Glitch Hunter
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 9, 2019
    A fews years back, I booted up my Gold version (with about 230 Pokémon) only to find "New Game and Options", the file died, so I turned on my Silver version (which I got on the same day from the same guy) only to find the same! WTF!!!, both games died at the same time? So I bought Crystal 2 days after and pulled an all-nighter to beat it (Its PokéDex is done! Except no Celebi.)

MasterSceptile

Back