• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen WTF moment thread

redsaber5859

Banned
    Years
    Sorry if there already is one, couldn't find one

What's your WTF moment in RBGYGSC??? Shiny ran away, save data reset after you caught 151 pokemon. Discuss

My WTF moment was in crystal, I had 3 boxes ful, of pokemon, a shiny lugia, gyrados, and suicune. Then the battery reset....

Share with the world!

Years
    I once lost to a trainer whose only pokemon was a magikarp in Red. I was on my way to a pokecenter with my enter team fainted, and the last one poisoned and on his death bed with no helpful supplies. I had just enough steps to get there too, except I forgot I passed over a fisherman on my travels and was caught in a battle. Both hyper fang attacks from my raticate missed, the magikarp used tackle twice and I lost....seriously, fml

Mewtwo152

nomnomnomnonmnom
    Years
    That happened to me. Only the Magikarp used Splash. And I used a level 100 Charizard. I was trying to see how long it would take to KO him through poisoned walking , and my Hyper Beam missed.
    When a Heracross resisted 12 Ultra Balls with 1 hit point, and was asleep, when I caught it in a Poke Ball.

Mewtwo152

nomnomnomnonmnom
    Years
    Fighting Whitney's Miltank. It kept making my Machop flinch with Rollout, and if I didn't flinch the Low Kick I was trying to use would miss. When it finally hits, it doesn't KO Miltank. Miltank uses Milk Drink, and this goes on and on and on.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    When I battled a person named ''Bugsy''. Seriously, wtf?

hey theres nothing form with bugsy
    its a great name for a BUG Gym leader

misty for water gym leader and BROCK for the rock leader

anyway mine is the Old man
    "wtf you collalspe because you ahvent ahd ur coffee ¬_¬ (Makes a hot cup of coffee) Here (thorws on old man and watches him burn) :3
    Steps over dead body and continues ... :3

Emlam

Old School
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    Talking to this little random dude at what I figured was maybe halfway through Mt. Silver, only to have it turn out to be Red with a bunch of lv. 70s. Oopsie.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2010
    Fighting Whitney's Miltank. It kept making my Machop flinch with Rollout, and if I didn't flinch the Low Kick I was trying to use would miss. When it finally hits, it doesn't KO Miltank. Miltank uses Milk Drink, and this goes on and on and on.

GOD DAMN MILKTANK. Almost everytime I play Crystal (except recently I started again and used ghastly on her ass) I lose to her.

Any way.

Realizing I have grinded my pokemon to levels so high that I need a new gym badge :S

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    I was headbutting trees to catch all the tree Pokemon one night and SHINY PINECO APPEARS!!! OH BOY! PUT IT TO SLEEP GENGAR!!! misses. Pineco uses selfdestruct on my Gengar! WTF?

Also, I was doing a Mewtwo only run in the Elite Four, and I was running low on attacks (I needed to save my Ice Beams for Lance, etc.) so I used Metronome on Agatha's last Gengar. It was Explosion... sigh.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    I was headbutting trees to catch all the tree Pokemon one night and SHINY PINECO APPEARS!!! OH BOY! PUT IT TO SLEEP GENGAR!!! misses. Pineco uses selfdestruct on my Gengar! WTF?

Also, I was doing a Mewtwo only run in the Elite Four, and I was running low on attacks (I needed to save my Ice Beams for Lance, etc.) so I used Metronome on Agatha's last Gengar. It was Explosion... sigh.
    hahahahaha!

This happens so often when trying to train a togepi!

Years

LOL

mine was trying to get through Ice Path between Mahogany & Blackthorn. I seriously spent hours trying to get through the huge plot of ice to figure out how to get to the other side. I had no revives or potions & my team fainted before I got out. I had to maneuver that ice again.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    My WTF moments:

Catching Mew
    - I was always intimidated by the process, but after doing it for the first time (just about an hour ago, w00t!), I found that it was extremely easy to follow and execute. Even the catch was easy, I caught him in one Great Ball.

Manual PC Boxes
    - I was so used to automatic PC box switching from the newer generations, that I was surprised and frustrated when I couldn't use a Pokeball with a full box (do you have any idea how rare an Onix is in Rock Tunnel?!). At least it happened before I encountered a legendary.

The Unknown Ghost
    - As a child, this thing always scared me, but today I encountered it and... alright, it frightened me a bit. I was caught off guard and expected a Gastly or something!

Years
    Oh dear GOD the unknown ghost! As a kid I was so dead scared of those things... :(

Also, finding out that the Missingno trick actually worked. I remember being in 3rd grade and having a friend tell me about this crazy-sounding ridiculous way to get infinite master balls or rare candies and totally not believing him. Then I finally tried it, not expecting anything to happen...HOLY **** IT WORKED!

:t254: Sceptile0111 :t254:

Years
    My WTF moments:

Catching Mew
    - I was always intimidated by the process, but after doing it for the first time (just about an hour ago, w00t!), I found that it was extremely easy to follow and execute. Even the catch was easy, I caught him in one Great Ball.

I just did the same on Red about two weeks ago. I'm twenty years old, and I was still creeped out by my start button turning on by itself, even though I knew it was going to happen (although, it might've been fear of having my game crash, which some people claim to have happened to them.)

But I used a combination of Bulbasaur's leechseed with Butterfree's sleep powder and slowlydrained it's health before catching it with a pokeball....I wasn't far enough to get a great ball.

Years
    Wild Jigglypuff appears.

sent out out bulbasaur. Jigglypuff used sing. Switched to Spearow. Jigglypuff used sing. went down my line-up and the damn thing put every single one to sleep. I'm guessing it didn't know pound, because it would only use sing. Even when my pokemon woke up, it was put right back to sleep. Ten minutes went by before it missed and I had a chance to make an attack.

Maverick Hunter Zero

What Am I Fighting For?
    Years
    Hmm...so many wtf moments...

I mean, the first real one was the first time I ever played Pokemon Red as a kid, showing up to the first gym and noticing it was Brock.

My thoughts -
    "Alright! Its Brock from the show! He's the Rock trainer...wait..."
    *checks his Pokemon Party*
    "Charmander...Pidgey...Rattata...Caterpie...Nidoran Male...WTF!? These guys can't beat rock types!"

And that's when I learned what grinding was all about...

Emlam

Old School
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    Charmander can *so* beat Brock. :P
    But Charmeleon does beat him better. And there's a whole forest of bugs to level him up on. :D
    Speaking of, I remember when I first realized, after getting it to like lv 40, that Beedrill was a terrible Pokemon. -_-;

Years
    But Charmeleon does beat him better. And there's a whole forest of bugs to level him up on. :D
    Speaking of, I remember when I first realized, after getting it to like lv 40, that Beedrill was a terrible Pokemon. -_-;

Butterfree can fair better against Brock after you teach it confusion. :P

But yes, Beedrill is pretty useless when facing 2nd or 3rd evolutions.

I didn't know this when I was eight and lost to brock about six times because ember wasn't working too well. :(

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    Beedrill is a terrible Pokemon in Pokemon Red. It got better though what with new moves and TMs.

I evolved my Growlithe after I caught it and I was leveling it up in Diglett's Cave (great place to level, btw). I was up to level 35 or something and I was wondering why it wasn't learning anything. I checked it up online and saw the Arcanine didn't learn any moves, I was mad. I wasted my Dig TM on it too...

I then began to train another Growlithe, it learns Flamethrower at level 50.

Back