• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen WTF moment

Nateon

Pokemon Will Be Real One Day!
Years
  • Mine is probably when my then-boyfriend said he always found a skitty on the 13th wild pokemon found, so i left him to it, on #13 he didn't find one, then found one on #26 and just to top it off, was a shiny male skitty, was pretty happy with that one!!

FlameChocobo

Warrior of Hoenn
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2016
    My WTF moment has to be Catching Rayquaza on the Sapphire version.

I was fighting it with my Skarmory. After bring its HP down to critical, I used the Ultra Ball on it, and the first one caught it! I never had that luck happen to me before facing it on Sapphire (I recorded the video of it as part of my Project).

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    I recently found a shiny shiny Pidgeotto on my way to the Pokemon League in Fire Red.

It used Whirlwind after it escaped from a Great Ball. :'(

You should've used an ultra ball. :L

------------

I was randomly fishing in route 119 and I randomly found a Feebas.
    I wan't even looking for Feebas.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2015
    my 'wtf' moment is where I was up against my rival who swept my team with 5 critical hits in a ****ing row.... man that was annoying.

Years
  • Mine happened today - I had saved in front of Moltres in Leaf Green, accidentally killed it so turned it off... then, when I switched back on, nothing happened, I did this several times while freaking out cause nothing was happening.

Then, I took the cartridge out and reinserted it, and luckily it started up again and no progress was lost - that Moltres couldn't escape me THAT easily! :P

gameplayer56

Loving Latias Forever
    Years
  • Similar to Pokemonleaguechamp, I got my Super Rod & I decided to fish for whatever reason it was I can't remember, & then I exclamation mark appeared, & the battle started. The battle was between a lvl 25 Gyarados (Oh, do I regret throw that PokeBall), anyways, I got its health to a point where I could possibly catch it, so I wasted all my Pokeballs & the last one was a Masterball, threw it, & caught.
    Several weeks later, I learned that you could only get one Masterball per save & I wasted it on a lvl 25 Gyarados that I never used in battle..

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2011
    I have seen a solrock in meteor falls while playing my sapphire and i ran from it.... it was before i knew that it actually wasn't in the game. :(

Years
  • this was really more of a zomg than a wtf but when i found a shiny tentacool in my emerald.
    but a wtf moment was when i spent pretty much a solid week trying to find the other Lati@s after i mixed records with a ruby, saphire and an emerald only to be told they didn't have the ticket -.-

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • Probably when I was hunting for a Shroomish in my Ruby, and I found a shiny Zigzagoon. Another was when I loaned my Ruby to my friend so he could help me fill my Pokedex and he restarted, not bothering to save said Zigzagoon.

Druyii

The Bringer of Hope
    Years
  • I spent ages on my saphire, ruby and two emeralds searching for shiny pokemon, hoping to find a good one, and nothing came up. Then my friend gives me leaf green, so I start a new game, and the second pokemon I catch is a shiny rattata. After waiting for an awesome shiny, it was a rattata >_<

Fastforward through twenty minutes of gamepay time, and another one appears, I was so annoyed that I just killed the smug little thing :L

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Send out Beedrill.
    Beedrill has almost if not full health.
    OHKO'd by a not very effective critical hit.
    What.

And that's karate chop in a nutshell, I guess.
    Could've been Paras I sent out instead, not sure, but it'd still have resisted.

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
  • Mine was in Emerald, I was running along route 110 then a blue electrike appeared, lucky my friend was with me, he told me that it is an extremely rare occurance, I was going to turn the GBA off since I thought it was some nasty glitch, lucky I didn't haha

Years
  • Mine was in FR. I found something rare and my brother was next to me i threw a pokeball and my brother said before "hold down all the buttons and it makes it easier to catch". So i did and i my Gameboy Advance (or ds can't remember) turned off, i was like WTF... -.-

He laughed at me. :(

echolocated

rated R for robocop
    Years
  • I had a WTF moment in FireRed. I saw a Shiny Nidoran in the Safari Zone. Thank goodness i knew what shinies were. After a while of throwing rocks and bait, it ran away! I freaked out and almost threw my Game Boy. What's worse is, after that, my save file erased itself!

Back