• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X and Y or Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
I prefer xy. I love customization, the region, and most of the Pokemon. Oras let me down in a way. Hoenn is my favorite region so I was looking forward to the remakes. I didn't like that oras took away customization and the redesign of the characters was off putting for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
X and Y was pretty ugly, didn't have any character development at all, had extremely little story and despite that somehow managed to ram pointless cutscenes down your throat at light speed. The region itself was very rushed and wasn't interesting to explore in the slightest. I'm not usually super into the concept of remakes and I'd prefer original games, but this is the one big exception to that rule in my eyes. ORAS is a lot of fun.

Years
I prefer xy. I love customization, the region, and most of the Pokemon. Oras let me down in a way. Hoenn is my favorite region so I was looking forward to the remakes. I didn't like that oras took away customization and the redesign of the characters was off putting for me.

Well to be fair, this was a remake and we have been used to Brendan and May's established designs for over a decade so it made sense why Game Freak wouldn't want us to change their iconic image.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
Well to be fair, this was a remake and we have been used to Brendan and May's established designs for over a decade so it made sense why Game Freak wouldn't want us to change their iconic image.

Ehh I get what you're saying, but i find that to be a weak reason not to incorporate it. You could easily make the established designs the default and still have customization.

Reactions: Nah

nikkissippi121

Pokémon Professor
Years
Definitely XY. ORAS bored me, tbh. The Delta Episode was good, but the game was way too easy. It was easier than XY! Hated that you're just handed Lati@s (and so early on - it could have been some post-game quest) and it was just never a challenge. I also didn't like the lack of customization or the lack of a Battle Frontier. So far it's the only game/set of games I haven't replayed in the whole series just because when I tried I was so bored. But I also played RSE so many times that there wasn't much left for me anyway.

Years
Hated that you're just handed Lati@s (and so early on - it could have been some post-game quest) and it was just never a challenge.

I think the reason it was done was to have Latias and Latios be your introduction to using Mega Evolution, pretty much like the Lucario in X/Y.

Back