• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu

Yep, that's me
Years
I don't even know if they'll have a midnight release for these games where I live. I doubt they will as they have never had any midnight releases here for Pokémon...

They do need permission from the game company to do this, I am sooo glad we are one of the lucky ones that gets a midnight release. I am getting it from EB Games and will cost 140 New Zealand Dollars. The 3DS was $288.

I will post a picture in my album when the time comes.

BraveNewWorld

The Breaker
Years
They do need permission from the game company to do this, I am sooo glad we are one of the lucky ones that gets a midnight release. I am getting it from EB Games and will cost 140 New Zealand Dollars. The 3DS was $288.

I will post a picture in my album when the time comes.

$140?! Is that for both X and Y, or just one of them? In USD they cost $40 a piece. Which, according to exchange rates, is equal to $50 NZD.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
The protag you play, yes. The protag look-a-like rival who happens to be the opposite gender have different names from the playable protags. Calem for the male and Serena (sailor moon #2) for the female.

And yet people still think they are placeholder names... I'm sure when you start the game they will call you Yvonne or Xavier then Shauna gonna ask you the nickname you want to be called.

Spoiler:

Also if we look at the page Serena and Callem are not even on the Hero and Heroine part but in the Friends to the End! part, so they are not the protagonists.

Some could argue they are different looking because of customisation but you are a the beginning of the game and I doubt you will be able to choose how your rivals will looks like.

It's just to clarify with those who think they are the same characters than the Protagonists.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
What Shauna asks may just be a title they would like for them to call us...it's akward for the main character to nickname him/herself as if they're a Pokémon...a title's also weird but would make more sense...

Also if their names are indeed Xavier and Yvonne, one should inform the news sites to prevent further confusion, as Bulbapedia has Calum, and Serena as the XY protagonists names in the protagonist page...

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
The Player Character has the X-Y name.

The Unselected Gender doesn't use the X or Y name. They have a different set of names.

tnfsf11

I have never played any game OVER generation three so this will be new for me. Netting new Pokemon -most I have never seen before is very exciting and oh boy, I can't wait ^^
It's the same here! {XD} I only played ROMs & on my PSP only, I couldn't ever play a DS game on a PSP & in the same time didn't really bother to buy one because I thought the graphics were too similar to the GBA games...
But now since I saw all the eye-candy in X & Y with Pokemon Amie & all that I considered buying a 3DS, & after seeing the other titles for the system I thought I should definitely get one sooner or later!

I just want them to release a bundle containing the game & a 3DS because if they don't I'll probably buy the system from a different place than the one I'm buying the game from. :\

I hope so, I've always wanted to go to a midnight release since they don't usually do them for Pokemon here. I think the games will be downloadable in the eShop from midnight but that wouldn't be the same!
Well, a chance to get the game at the time it's available is better than no game at all, right?
Where I live we don't have neither midnight releases nor Pokemon games, so I believe I'll just use the eShop, I only hope the eShop is available/usable in Egypt :/ If anyone could tell me if it is or isn't that would be great...

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
I just want them to release a bundle containing the game & a 3DS because if they don't I'll probably buy the system from a different place than the one I'm buying the game from. :\

It's highly likely that they will, Pokémon X and Y will undoubtedly be the top sellers for the 3DS in no time so to combine them into a bundle with the 3DS will increase sales of both the games and the 3DS.

Years
I hope they bundle it with a new special 3DS based on Xerneas or Yvetal depending on the game you're buying. I already have a simple 3DS but for those who don't have one it'll be cool to get something special.

blue

gucci
Years
I bought a 3DS last year and at long last it feels worth buying with the upcoming release of X and Y, the only game that motivated me to buy it up until that point was Mario Kart 7 and then Mystery Dungeon.

tnfsf11

The first thing that motivated me to buy a 3DS was ofc the announcement of X & Y, & after that there was Super Mario 3D Land (I'm late I know) & Yoshi's New Island, if I can just know when & where to buy the 3DS from I'd buy it right away & probably just download the games from the eShop since I won't be able to afford shipment fees living in Egypt :P

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
The first thing that motivated me to buy a 3DS was ofc the announcement of X & Y, & after that there was Super Mario 3D Land (I'm late I know) & Yoshi's New Island, if I can just know when & where to buy the 3DS from I'd buy it right away & probably just download the games from the eShop since I won't be able to afford shipment fees living in Egypt :P

I'm the same - hearing about X and Y made me splurge on a 3ds, other than that I was gunning for black and white 2. Quite glad I skipped them and went straight for the console though :-)

Years
I was motivated to buy one long before B2W2 which were on normal DS were announced xD.

Does anyone think the new professor will specialize on either types or bonds between trainers? As we're getting a new type and Poke-aime so it'll make sense for it to revolve around that just how gen 4 had new evolution methods we never heard of and that was Rowan's thing.

Years
I'm the same - hearing about X and Y made me splurge on a 3ds, other than that I was gunning for black and white 2. Quite glad I skipped them and went straight for the console though :-)

I was a bit different though, I got my 3DS XL about a month before X & Y were even announced. Thank god I did get it cos you never knew when I would have to move to the new console. I didn't mind Black 2 and White 2 being on DS rather than 3DS, 5th Generation was just a filler to help get people eventually prepared for a fully 3D main series game.

As for the new professor, I could definitely see them specializing in the research of friendship with Pokemon, presumably cos of the Pokemon-Amie feature. I do hope it's another female this time around, I loved Juniper back in 5th Generation.

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
Ok, I'm going To be a pessimist here, but is there a professor for it announced yet? If there is though, I'm all for friendships and bonds. Heck, I'd love it if Silver (GSC/HGSS antagonist) was his buddy/assistant. Who better To advocate relationships with Pokemon than him :-)

Is anyone else afraid of how slow the game could play? Especially the battle scenes.. I'd give up cinematics for a fast playing game anytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back