• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X & Y Nuzlocke Possibilities or Impracticalities?

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    I don't see why the wouldn't utilise a gym battle with only sky battles, GameFreak likes to show-off their new systems via gyms, etc.
    In terms of Nuzlocke runs, it certainly does make it harder for players to compete Nuzlocke challenges.

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2013
    how has there not been a problem in the past about hm moves. aw man I didn't catch a pokemon capable of (insert needed hm) mainly surf, waterfall/dive

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I don't see why the wouldn't utilise a gym battle with only sky battles, GameFreak likes to show-off their new systems via gyms, etc.
    In terms of Nuzlocke runs, it certainly does make it harder for players to compete Nuzlocke challenges.

Because Sky Battles are 100% optional. They wouldn't make a Gym focus on a battle style you didn't have to participate in seeing as a Gym is a mandatory event in the game.

They also have only ever changed the Gym battle format once in Generation 3. Gen 5 did not have any Rotation or Triple Battle Gyms despite both being the new focus battle style. So they haven't shown off any new systems via gyms since Gen 3 which was the only generation to do such a thing.

Gfx

╰☆╮You're Perfect ❤
    Years
  • I don't think they would implement a feature so strong right off the bat like that. They didn't with Hoenn and Dive. The only thing I could think of, would be an unofficial gym. Where maybe you can win a Pokemon. Like the fighting dojo in FireRed.

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2016
    i got an idea for a nuzlock

fire red challenge: only use fire starters (for battles not to get to places this goes for both other challenges)

leaf green challenge: same as first but for grass starters

water blue?: same as first but for water starters

its fitting since there are now 6 reagons of starters.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • I wouldn't worry about it too much, koffi~

There is always room for discussion regarding the challenges. As something like this hasn't been seen before, I'm sure there'll be some leeway regarding this challenge, koffi~

Last edited:

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
    Years
  • It won't be in a gym they haven't really done it in the past except with RSE. They had a chance in Gen 5 but that never worked out. They wont not do it because some kids like to play it differently but its safe to assume that they wont do it because they haven't in the past.

FireOfExile

2363-5961-4897 (3DS)
    Years
  • I've never done a Nuzlocke before, and probably won't for a while, but if one of the starters happens to evolve into a part-Flying type, that'd help.
    dont evolve into a flying type dont evolve into a flying type

Back