• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2014
    What's the best Pokémon to offer in exchange for a Regigigas?
    Entei has been up for 24 hours with no luck.

Also do I need Giggas for the Shiny charm?

AsuraMachina

Who Am I?
    Years
  • What's the best Pokémon to offer in exchange for a Regigigas?

You have to take into account PokeBank was not up and running for very long. So the largest possibility is many people don't have Regigigas.
    Another factor being The ones who do have it might also have Entei as they would most definately have transferred as many Legendaries over to the new gen as possible.

Your best bet is to find someone here who owns one and ask if they can work out a trade.
    Or you could find a shiny and smash it on the GTS

In the Safari finding shinies isnt all that difficult. So i have heard anyway. I'm still not there yet.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    What's the best Pokémon to offer in exchange for a Regigigas?

That's such a tough question to answer because things seem to be fickle, I traded a shiny Raichu for a Giratina, and a Shiny Clauncher for a Cresselia, but I can't GIVE away a Xerneas or Mewtwo to save my life! (I could, but I want legendaries for them, lol!) so who knows what will result in what.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now

Yes, you need Regigigas for the Shiny Charm. The ones you don't need are: Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Manaphy, Shaymin, Darkrai, Arceus, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, and the 3 unreleased legendaries (Hoopa, Volcanion, and Diancie).

And maybe Phione.

Brentane

Lucario Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2014
    Pikachu - Which Nature should it have?

I'm not sure if to have a Brave or Hasty natured Pikachu. Is attack sought after for Pikachu, or is attack?

MawChomp

Average Trainer/Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    I'd go with Sp.Atk (Unless you like volt tackle) with Light Ball.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I personally went with Hasty because I do like Volt Tackle, but also it's defense is so bad that even if you did give it a non hindering nature just about anything can OHKO it anyway, so I EV trained it's Att and Speed and since it has Lightning Rod any electrical attacks will boost it's SP Att so I can then use a combination of phsyical and special attacks. Perhaps not the greatest strategy, but like I said it's Def is bad so might as well use it's good stats for something.

MawChomp

Average Trainer/Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    Question!

I've been breeding 5-6IVs a lot and it will be my first time to try the 0IV in a specific stat.

So my question is if I breed a parent with 31IV in speed with another with 0IV in Speed will those stat "battle" to see which is passed down?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Question!

I've been breeding 5-6IVs a lot and it will be my first time to try the 0IV in a specific stat.

So my question is if I breed a parent with 31IV in speed with another with 0IV in Speed will those stat "battle" to see which is passed down?

no, the stat that gets passed down will just be random. (presuming you are using a Destiny Knot and Speed is on of the 5 stats randomly chosen to be passed down, it will also randomly choose which parent it takes the stat from. Basically the Destiny Knot chooses 5 out of the 12 available stats to pass down out of 6 from the father and 6 from the mother)

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    I got a Feebas I think before pokebank was released, but I saw on Serebii that you can only get one by transferring it over, so does this mean that it was hacked somehow or is there another way to get one?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I got a Feebas I think before pokebank was released, but I saw on Serebii that you can only get one by transferring it over, so does this mean that it was hacked somehow or is there another way to get one?

Nope it was hacked but you are not the first one getting a hacked mon.

False; people in Japan got Poke Bank early, meaning that they had the chance to transfer over Poke Bank exclusives like Feebas before the app was taken down.

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    Are Tailow and Starley in Y? I've been using Sweet Scent like crazy where Serebii says, but haven't seen them yet. Nothing has been this rare before.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Are Tailow and Starley in Y? I've been using Sweet Scent like crazy where Serebii says, but haven't seen them yet. Nothing has been this rare before.

Horde Battles are harder to initiate. Route 8's most common Horde battle is Wingull from experience. I've fought maybe 1 Tailow horde there. Can't say I've ran into Starly horde yet, but I assume its a low chance for that horde as I always get the Nidos and Stunky.

And yes there have been things way harder than these in the past back when there was a 1% chance encounter. Those things were nearly impossible to find.

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    if you use one of the abilities to decrease the chance of encountering wild Pokemon, does that help with chaining or does it interfere with your chance of encountering a Pokemon in the shaking grass as well?

Horde Battles are harder to initiate. Route 8's most common Horde battle is Wingull from experience. I've fought maybe 1 Tailow horde there. Can't say I've ran into Starly horde yet, but I assume its a low chance for that horde as I always get the Nidos and Stunky.

And yes there have been things way harder than these in the past back when there was a 1% chance encounter. Those things were nearly impossible to find.

Easy to initiate with Sweet Scent, just taking forever. I decided to breed them instead, and I'm already done :-)

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    if you use one of the abilities to decrease the chance of encountering wild Pokemon, does that help with chaining or does it interfere with your chance of encountering a Pokemon in the shaking grass as well?

Using Repels is better if chaining with the PokeRadar in the grass. Repels don't work on shaking grass, so you'll always encounter a Pokemon without having to worry about your chain getting broken because of a Pokemon encounter on the way to the shaking grass.

....Or at least that's what I think. I haven't done any chaining since DPP. For all I know, things could've been changed since then.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Easy to initiate with Sweet Scent, just taking forever. I decided to breed them instead, and I'm already done :-)

That's not what I mean. There are anywhere between 2 to 4 different Pokemon that can be done in hordes per area. The more Hordes you have per area the harder it is to find the one you want, just as if you were searching for a low % Pokemon through normal means. Searching for both the Taillow and Starly Hordes is about on the same level as looking for a 5% encounter rate Pokemon. Sweet Scent included as you'll pull other hordes before them.

We don't know the exact % for them but from personal experience with those two I would assume they are 5% chance encounter. The Nido twins seem to be more common encounter for one and the other common is the Wingull. Seviper/Zangoose encounter and Stunky encounter seem to be uncommon, Starly and Taillow both seem to be rare which usually dictates 10% or less encounter rate.

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2014
    I have:
    Latios/as
    Weather trio
    Palkia/Dialga
    Zekrom (Soon Reshiram)
    All Regis
    All Dogs
    Those Cloud guys, all three

Who am I missing? This is for the charm by the way.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back