• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xerneas_X

Raven
Years
  • How are there people getting hacked pokemon in x and y? i thought gamefreak/nintendo made sure to block out cheating, and action replays havent been able to get cheats working for them either.

During the 1 day that Pokemon Bank was online in Japan before getting pulled. quite a number of Stat Hacked Pokemon managed to make it through, Not all are stat hacked, I own quite a number of Previous Gen Legendaries who have Deplorable Stats..., But also mix these Pokemon that made it through the 1 day release with the ability to Clone that was discovered on X/Y, those few Legendaries including the hacked ones are now numerous D:!

I don't think Gamefreak themselves said anywhere Pokemon Bank would stop hacked Pokemon, instead it was just speculation of fans who "assumed" they would. instead it seemed to turn out to just be a simple straight forward transfer system with no checks/screening.

But with Pokemon Bank Still not making a return, even long after Nintendo have fixed the "network issues", it could be possible that Gamefreak is redoing it and changing Pokemon Bank to include hack checking since there was an outcry by fans and game news media alike when it was discovered that it didn't at all during it's 1 day release.

As for me, it doesn't bother me.. I have learned to battle these Hacked pokemon back in my B/W days where it was prevalent.. And even now in X & Y i am still able to defeat teams with 100% IV hacked Legendaries (arceus, darkrai, kyogre, deoxys, mew, etc).. just need to have a team yourself who are able to counter the typical hacked pokemon (my team for example: Xatu to cause Darkrai's Darkvoid to backfire, Xerneas to slaughter the Creation Trio and Tao Trio, Mewtwo to slaughter Arceus and Deoxys, Talonflame to slaughter Genosect and Shaymin, etc).

But even if they fix Pokemon Bank to stop the transfer of Hacked Pokemon from B/W to X/Y.. it won't stop the development of being able to Create Hacked Pokemon specifically for X&Y, just like it's done in Black and White using the GTS. The same people who made the programs and websites allow us to create hacked pokemon and import them into Black and White by tricking the game that there's a Wi-Fi event going on.. are currently working to bring that ability to 6th Generation, It is probably safe to speculate that it's already done for X&Y, but at the moment, not released to the public as I believe they are waiting for Pokemon Bank and the Updates it will bring..

lol I remember trying out one of those programs for B/W xD
    BEWARE OF BIDOOF.. my GODoof, as I called it, had Wonder Guard ability, knew Judgement, V-Create, Fusion Bolt, and Water Spout/Hydro Pump D:! with perfect 31 IVs and 666 Stats.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I need help deciding on a fourth move for Cinccino. It has Skill Link + King's Rock, and has Bullet Seed, Rock Blast and Tail Slap (so each 2 - 5 hit move hits 5 times, + with King's Rock means 50% chance of Flinch, or more exactly, 10% x 5 chance of flinch) and the fourth move was originally Sing, but with only 55% chance of landing, I was thinking Thunder Wave might be better, so the opponent might flinch and if not it might be paralyzed and can't move anyway, so opinions on these two moves or another suggestion on the fourth move would be greatly appreciated.

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • I need help deciding on a fourth move for Cinccino. It has Skill Link + King's Rock, and has Bullet Seed, Rock Blast and Tail Slap (so each 2 - 5 hit move hits 5 times, + with King's Rock means 50% chance of Flinch, or more exactly, 10% x 5 chance of flinch) and the fourth move was originally Sing, but with only 55% chance of landing, I was thinking Thunder Wave might be better, so the opponent might flinch and if not it might be paralyzed and can't move anyway, so opinions on these two moves or another suggestion on the fourth move would be greatly appreciated.

Thunderwave is always a good choice. Can really help to Slow down those opponents who are effective against your team and would otherwise defeat you if it was able to move faster and hit first. So don't dismiss it because they are already flinching, instead use it primarily to "slow them down", while the chance of them being Paralyzed and not being able to attack at all is a nice bonus as that can always stack with and increase your odds with them flinching..

Or Swagger, due to the annoyance it causes your opponent and confusion of their pokemon, but of course be careful with using it on pokemon who already have high "attack power" as swagger sharply raises attack power, could potentially backfire... so it's great for Pokemon who are Special Attackers.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Thunderwave is always a good choice. Can really help to Slow down those opponents who are effective against your team and would otherwise defeat you if it was able to move faster and hit first. Plus the chance of them beign Paralyzed and not being able to attack at all is always nice.

Or Swagger, due to the annoyance it causes your opponent and confusion of their pokemon, but of course be careful with using it on pokemon who already have high "attack power" as swagger sharply raises attack power, could potentially backfire... so it's great for Pokemon who are Special Attackers.

oh yeah! I forgot about Thunder Wave lowering speed! You know, I think I'm going to go with that! Thanks for the input! :-)

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • oh yeah! I forgot about Thunder Wave lowering speed! You know, I think I'm going to go with that! Thanks for the input! :-)

Yes Thunderwave is the bane of my team... especially my +4 Stage "Dramatically Increased" sp atk, sp def, speed Geomancy Xerneas after it's been hit with Simple Beam... as regardless of it's +4 Boost, thunderwave makes it slower than most it's opponents. Otherwise Xerneas after that kind of boost is even able to outspeed a team that used Tailwind.

Also paralyze can be useful on "Priority move" pokemon. since regardless of what you do, they will always move first due to their Ability (i.e. gale wings, prankster, etc) or move they are using, the chance of them being paralyzed instead can be helpful as your chance of them flinching wont matter with them since they would have attacked or used a status move first.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    It has Skill Link + King's Rock, and has Bullet Seed, Rock Blast and Tail Slap (so each 2 - 5 hit move hits 5 times, + with King's Rock means 50% chance of Flinch, or more exactly, 10% x 5 chance of flinch)

Just so you know, it isn't a 50% chance of flinch - the 10%s don't add up like that. It's actually more like 41%.
    Spoiler:

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • May I ask how can you make Pikachu learn Iron Tail or does it have to be chain-bred??? Please and Thank You

Only by hacking, like Ash Ketchum.. he uses Hacked Pokemon ;P

Pikachu can't learn Iron Tail, at least in X&Y, there's no TM for it.

And only Pikachu I know that had Iron Tail was the Generation V Japan Only Event :\ it also knew Fly xD!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    May I ask how can you make Pikachu learn Iron Tail or does it have to be chain-bred??? Please and Thank You

Iron Tail cannot be taught to Pikachu in X&Y, as far as I'm aware. If you really want it though, you'd have to teach yourself the move from a move tutor in BW/BW2 then transfer your Pikachu with PokéBank.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    May I ask how can you make Pikachu learn Iron Tail or does it have to be chain-bred??? Please and Thank You

not in X & Y, however it can be taught by a move tutor in Black 2 and White 2 and by Tm 23 in gen 4 and gen 3

Years
  • Only by hacking, like Ash Ketchum.. he uses Hacked Pokemon ;P

Pikachu can't learn Iron Tail, at least in X&Y, there's no TM for it.

And only Pikachu I know that had Iron Tail was the Generation V Japan Only Event :\ it also knew Fly xD!

Iron Tail cannot be taught to Pikachu in X&Y, as far as I'm aware. If you really want it though, you'd have to teach yourself the move from a move tutor in BW/BW2 then transfer your Pikachu with PokéBank.

not in X & Y, however it can be taught by a move tutor in Black 2 and White 2 and by Tm 23 in gen 4 and gen 3

Thank You very much for the replies :) May I ask what move can Pikachu learn to replace Iron Tail???

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • Thank You very much for the replies :) May I ask what move can Pikachu learn to replace Iron Tail???

Here's a list of all moves and TMs that Pikachu can learn including could learn by breeding only...

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pikachu#Learnset

Or you can just put Pikachu in your party, open your pokemon summary, choose Pikachu>item>give/use. then go to the TMs and you can see all the TMs that Pikachu can learn highlighted.. and also take Pikachu to the Move Reminder to see what other moves it can learn that it forgot/didn't learn.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Does anyone else use a Normal form Rotom? I completely understand the concept that it has lower stats than it's alternate forms so there's no need to bring that up, however I really like the ghost/electric typing and unfortunately it loses that with all the alternate forms so I was wanting to have the Normal form plus all 5 alternate forms and to do that, I'm breeeding 5 IV Rotoms but I have to breed 6 of them which is taking FOREVER. It's been at least two days, maybe 3, I genuinely can't remember, but I am up to 4 5IV Modest Rotoms and was going to try for the last two but was wondering if anyone else bothers with the normal form Rotom? Considering how long it's been taking I am considering giving up after I get teh fifth Rotom and just go with the forms, but part of me would still want that normal form, so I just want to know what other people are doing before I decide finally. Thanks!

Years
  • I can't think of anyone who uses Normal Form Rotom, because its stats are way worse than its appliance counterparts (except slightly more Speed). It does have the Normal and Fighting immunities, however, but those types aren't as good for attacking this generation.

The most common one is ims Rotom-W (the Water-type) since it counters Talonflame and Scizor pretty well.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I can't think of anyone who uses Normal Form Rotom, because its stats are way worse than its appliance counterparts (except slightly more Speed). It does have the Normal and Fighting immunities, however, but those types aren't as good for attacking this generation.

The most common one is ims Rotom-W (the Water-type) since it counters Talonflame and Scizor pretty well.

And this is based off real in game battling right, not Smogon or some other similar site, right?

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • And this is based off real in game battling right, not Smogon or some other similar site, right?

I have over 1,100 Wi-fi battles under my belt on X&Y (it says it during battle), and I can tell you from experience, Rotom-W is the most commonly used and the most threatening of them all.. it hits the hardest with it's Hydro Pump, it's fast, and has the least weakness', Only weak against grass, while the other forms have more than 1 weakness. Teams generally have less Grass moves than the other moves such as air/ice/rock/fire, which the other rotoms are weak against.

Rotom-W is able to take nearly every Pokemon down to Yellow or red who are normally affected by water with it's hydro pump. If they are weak against water, they are as good as dead.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Is there a way to reset EVs in this game? I imagine Super Training would offer this option, but I don't know...

The EV reducing berries make a comeback in X/Y. They're Pomeg (HP), Kelpsy (Attack), Qualot (Defense), Hondew (Special Attack), Grepa (Special Defense) and Tamato (Speed).

Reset Bags from Super Training also resets EVs. They can only be obtained occasionally by hitting the blank punching bag with your Pokemon.

Years
  • Where can I get obtain a Thunderstone?

I recently captured an Evee and Now I would like to give it a thunderstone to evolve it to a Jolteon. Anyone know where I could get this?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back