• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    There's a ton of Pokémon out there in gen 5 that have unreleased hidden abilities. Unfortunately, Totodile is one of them. If you do manage to get yourself Sheer Force Totodile, it's most likely hacked, and PokéBank would be able to detect it immediately and block you. :(

Actually there aren't that many pokemon without their hidden abilities left. (However, yes it is true that Totodile is one of them)

but the only ones left without access to their hidden abilities are:
    Gen 2 Starters
    Gen 5 Starters
    Bird Trio
    Beast Trio
    Regi Trio
    and Heatran

and that would be it. (Granted, a TON need access to the previous gen dream work, but once trasnferred over they can be bred as long as they're not legendary)

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • can pokemon in a cherish ball, like event pokemon, battle on battle spot online? i dont think they can

They can. such as my arceus and genesect below, both are event pokemon in a cherish ball, and they can battle on battle spot.

If you get a message saying there is a problem with a participating pokemon, most likely it is a pokemon that didn't pass battle spot's poor hackcheck (usually a pokemon with a move/ability it shouldn't have or some messed up bytes in it's code).

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2017
    They can. such as my arceus and genesect below, both are event pokemon in a cherish ball, and they can battle on battle spot.

If you get a message saying there is a problem with a participating pokemon, most likely it is a pokemon that didn't pass battle spot's poor hackcheck (usually a pokemon with a move/ability it shouldn't have or some messed up bytes in it's code).

ok thanks for the quick reply

ok so i tried it with my shiny raikou, and my shiny absol (not in cherish ball) and shiny masquerain (not in cherish ball) shiny drapion (not in cherish ball) shiny togekiss (not in cherish ball) and shiny entei (not in cherish ball) and i kknow that togekiss entei and drapion can get in so i tested absol (it was a clone) raikou and masquerain all by them selves and 2 other pokemon and they all tested out fine but when i got all of my team ready to go (all pokemon mentioned before) it wouldnt let me battle for some reason and its frustrating me. they all worked fine on their own but when i put them all together is wouldnt work. someone please help

Last edited:

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • ok thanks for the quick reply

ok so i tried it with my shiny raikou, and my shiny absol (not in cherish ball) and shiny masquerain (not in cherish ball) shiny drapion (not in cherish ball) shiny togekiss (not in cherish ball) and shiny entei (not in cherish ball) and i kknow that togekiss entei and drapion can get in so i tested absol (it was a clone) raikou and masquerain all by them selves and 2 other pokemon and they all tested out fine but when i got all of my team ready to go (all pokemon mentioned before) it wouldnt let me battle for some reason and its frustrating me. they all worked fine on their own but when i put them all together is wouldnt work. someone please help

I had the same happen with a mewtwo, some reason it refused, but swapped with exactly similar mewtwo stat/nature/movepool/evs, it worked :|

all i can say to try is adding all 6, then remove 1, then trade them for the next one.. so you always have 5 in your party, you just may find the 1 culprit stoping you. that's how i figured out it was my mewtwo.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2017
    I had the same happen with a mewtwo, some reason it refused, but swapped with exactly similar mewtwo stat/nature/movepool/evs, it worked :|

all i can say to try is adding all 6, then remove 1, then trade them for the next one.. so you always have 5 in your party, you just may find the 1 culprit stoping you. that's how i figured out it was my mewtwo.

but i already know that they can all battle by themselves. so they can battle but i dont know why with all 6 of them

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • but i already know that they can all battle by themselves. so they can battle but i dont know why with all 6 of them

yeah :\ i dunno, but i say just try giving my suggestion a try. because once you figure out exactly which particular pokemon is holding you back.. try modifying them.. i.e. change an ev slightly, or swap their held item, level them up, do something to them to mod them then once you do, slip them back into your party and see if it works.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2017
    yeah :\ i dunno, but i say just try giving my suggestion a try. because once you figure out exactly which particular pokemon is holding you back.. try modifying them.. i.e. change an ev slightly, or swap their held item, level them up, do something to them to mod them then once you do, slip them back into your party and see if it works.

oh it was actually my shiny japanese entei. but ive used him a lot on the battle spot...maybe i did something like change an EV or something by accident

Years
  • Assuming that I restart my game now, will I still be able to get a Blazikenite and a speed boost Torchic from the wonder card I had at first?

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2014
    banette cursed body

is it possible to get a banette or shuppet in pokemon x and y with cursed body ability? i really want one but was wondering if its even possible to get one. if anyone has any info on the subject i'd appreciate it very much thank you

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    is it possible to get a banette or shuppet in pokemon x and y with cursed body ability? i really want one but was wondering if its even possible to get one. if anyone has any info on the subject i'd appreciate it very much thank you

yep, they're available in the Friend Safari

If you like, you could also look them up on GTS. They've got a ton of those available there. Just be aware, though--some could be hacked. :p

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    If you like, you could also look them up on GTS. They've got a ton of those available there. Just be aware, though--some could be hacked. :p

I like how you say that like there's MORE of a chance of people having hacked shuppets rather than just lying and offering normal abilities ones instead of the hidden abilities ones ;-)

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • Pokebank. I'm completing my Pokedex through it. In Pokebank, there's a Save button, where it then communicates with the server and proceeds to disconnect. I want to know whether I have to save in order for it to be registered to my Pokemon X pokedex... or if I can get away with just drag-and-dropping it back and forth then saving.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Pokebank. I'm completing my Pokedex through it. In Pokebank, there's a Save button, where it then communicates with the server and proceeds to disconnect. I want to know whether I have to save in order for it to be registered to my Pokemon X pokedex... or if I can get away with just drag-and-dropping it back and forth then saving.

You have to Transfer them and save the game. The PokeBank only transfers once the data has been saved. Just moving them between does nothing if the data isn't saved into it.

Ashleyx

I see food, I eat it.
    Years
  • I was hoping that Pokebank allow us to transfer pokemon with held items. I am disappointed.. lol. Is there other ways to transfer items besides trading with other players?

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • I was hoping that Pokebank allow us to transfer pokemon with held items. I am disappointed.. lol. Is there other ways to transfer items besides trading with other players?

unfortunately not. items can only be retained and traded person to person within the same game.

It's always been like this.

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2014
    Where is the trade market gone? I normally clicked a link on the X&Y page but it is gone.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back