• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Modest Pikachu's Base Speed with a 0 IV in Speed = 95 not 90.. but with 31 perfect IV it's speed it is 110.

Pikachu's base speed rivals and even surpasses many Legendaries. In fact, it's equal to Mew.

Realistically, you'll have it EV Trained for speed and hopefully a perfect IV, and in battle (level 50) it's speed is 142..

Lastly, you need to compare pikachu to it's typical opponents: such as Vaporeon who's speed is only up to 128 (65 base), or blastoise who's speed is 143 (78 base), and so on.. Pikachu's typical water opponents are pretty slow, even some of it's flying counterparts are pretty slow in comparison such as pidgeotto who's speed is a measley 135 (71 base)... you can't complain about pikachu's base 95-100 speed, because it isn't surpassed by many pokemon that one would send a Pikachu out against..

So unless you're referring to legendaries and pokemon who by design are speed built (but, in these cases, Timid/Jolly would make no difference), Pikachu has no speed issues in number comparisons.

Firstly the only thing that should be taken into consideration is its base Speed. Which is 90, despite what you say. The rest is pointless to think about, because you should be working under the assumption that everyone has perfect IVs (this is a reasonable worst case scenario assumption), and also most speedy Pokemon will have max Speed EVs, while everything else will have 0 or barely any. With Speed it's go hard or go home. And 90 isn't ideal, since in OU "speedy" Pokemon tend to have at least 100. So it really does need the Nature boost.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2014
    Teaching Scyther/Scizor Bug Bite?

Is it possible in this game? Through breeding or maybe a tutor. I'm almost done getting a perfect IV scyther bred and just realized I don't know how it's going to know bug bite 0.o

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Bug Bite is one of the Scyther line's tutor moves in HeartGold/SoulSilver/Black 2/White 2, so you'll have to teach them Bug Bite there before using Poke Transporter to send them to X/Y.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2014
    If I bring a Scyther over from Black 2 with bug bite and I breed it on X, will the move be passed down? Because I just bred a Scyther with 5 Perfect IV's, baton pass and technician and I really don't want to start all over on Black 2, LOL

If it can be passed down, I can just give this Scyther a Destiny Knot and breed it with the Scyther from Black 2

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    If I bring a Scyther over from Black 2 with bug bite and I breed it on X, will the move be passed down? Because I just bred a Scyther with 5 Perfect IV's, baton pass and technician and I really don't want to start all over on Black 2, LOL

If it can be passed down, I can just give this Scyther a Destiny Knot and breed it with the Scyther from Black 2

Bug Bite isn't an Egg Move, so no, it won't be passed down to your egglings~

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2014
    dam I wasted a bunch of time breeding today, oh well I'll just have to use X-Scissor or U Turn =/

well thanks anyway

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Why certain moves/attacks that the specific pokemon allowed to be transfer'ed to X or Y and the rest of the moves (either from tutor/gen 5 HMS/egg moves) can't be carried over?

What will happen to those moves that are not allowed for the pokemon to have learned it prior before transfer?

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Why certain moves/attacks that the specific pokemon allowed to be transfer'ed to X or Y and the rest of the moves (either from tutor/gen 5 HMS/egg moves) can't be carried over?

What will happen to those moves that are not allowed for the pokemon to have learned it prior before transfer?

I believe that you can transfer them over to X and Y.
    You just can't breed them over to egglings.

I managed to get a no-Kalos mark Riolu from Wonder Trade with Thunder Punch...or was it Drain Punch?
    Dunno, but eh. *shrugs*

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Does it mean any egg move are not allowed to be carry over?

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Does it mean any egg move are not allowed to be carry over?

As far as I'm aware of, the only moves not allowed to be transferred are those attacks which the PKMN are impossible to learn, like Giga Drain on a Charizard, or a Thunderbolt on a Squirtle.
    Egg Moves shouldn't be a problem. I can't see a good reason why it shouldn't be transferred, though I could be wrong.

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Well. I'm planning to transfer my Volcarona with Giga Drain and does the transfer accept that move and allow to carry over to X

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Well. I'm planning to transfer my Volcarona with Giga Drain and does the transfer accept that move and allow to carry over to X

Giga Drain is a tutored attack for Volcarona in B2/W2, so yes, you should be able to carry it over to X version. :]

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
    Years
  • So I have a few questions:

1. I'm trying to transfer Pokerus from my Cranidos to my Talonflame but it still doesn't work even though I've walked some 2000 steps.

2. My Oddish's Sweet Scent is not working in Route 14. It rains by the way, just if you wanted to know.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    So I have a few questions:

1. I'm trying to transfer Pokerus from my Cranidos to my Talonflame but it still doesn't work even though I've walked some 2000 steps.

2. My Oddish's Sweet Scent is not working in Route 14. It rains by the way, just if you wanted to know.

1. There is a chance for Pokerus to be transferred each time you battle. So if you're just running about, it won't do anything.

2. Sweet Scent and Honey don't work while it's raining.

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
    Years
  • 1. There is a chance for Pokerus to be transferred each time you battle. So if you're just running about, it won't do anything.

2. Sweet Scent and Honey don't work while it's raining.

But then, when does the rain stop on Route 14.

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    But then, when does the rain stop on Route 14.

it'll stop eventually.
    also, a piece of advice about the Pokérus.
    deposit your Pokérus-infected Pokémon in your PC storage before midnight.
    That way, Pokérus won't disappear from your PKMN.

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • So I have a few questions:

To better answer your question:

1. the Pokerus needs to still be in the infectious stage, it will show a pink [PKRS] icon on your Pokemon's summary.. but if it's a small Pink Happy Face, then it's not and won't spread (if by chance you have the Pink Face and don't have infectious Pokerus in your possession, feel free to send me a PM and I'll give you a Pokemon with it).

2. Stick the Pokemon you want to spread Pokerus to, in the adjacent party slot. For example if you have the Pokemon with infectious Pokerus in the #3 spot of your party, then stick the ones you want to spread Pokerus to in the #2 and #4 spots.

3. You can only spread Pokerus pretty much in Battle.. So go and enter battle 2 or 3 times, don't run away, you must defeat the wild pokemons, and it should spread.. it takes either 2 or 3 battles for it to spread, just check your Pokemon's summary to verify that it is now infected.

As for your issues with Sweet Scent in the rain, I assume you're EV Training :P? for now just go train the other EV, give it about an hour or so, and the rain should stop. Also if you have the "Power items" from the Battle Maison, you can still train the EV from Route 14 (Attack), at the other place you wanted to train EVs.

If by chance you are using my guide here: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=8050492 , look at the 2nd section named "HOW TO FULLY EV TRAIN YOUR POKEMON IN UNDER 10 MINUTES WITH X&Y (For Experts)" As this section explains how you can train the other EV stat with Hordes that don't award the stat you're training.

For example, if you're training Attack and Speed, you can still train for Attack over on Route 8 (for Speed) and literally kill two birds with one stone using this method (and is useful for when it's raining on one of the routes rather than waiting an hour+ for the rain to stop).

Last edited:

Cameo

Superior heat protecter!
    Years
  • Just to ask but does anyone know if Sheer Force Feraligatr is somehow banned from Rating Battles? :P I managed to transfer my Feraligatr from Black 2 and I know it's completely legit but for some reason Rating Battles doesn't allow me to compete with it.

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • Just to ask but does anyone know if Sheer Force Feraligatr is somehow banned from Rating Battles? :P I managed to transfer my Feraligatr from Black 2 and I know it's completely legit but for some reason Rating Battles doesn't allow me to compete with it.

I remember hearing that the competition & rating battles this season is restricted to Kalos Pokemon (with the blue pentagon in summary/caught in Kalos).

Here's what i found for Rating Battles:
    The regulations for Rating Battle Season 2 are especially interesting—they match the regulations for the Pokémon Video Game World Championships coming in August 2014. In short, all the battles will be Double Battles! Players may use Pokémon from the Central Kalos Pokédex from #001 to #150, Coastal Kalos Pokédex from #001 to #153, or Mountain Kalos Pokédex from #001 to #147. All of your Pokémon Lv. 51 or higher will be set to Lv. 50 during battles. The time limit will be 15 minutes per game, with 90 seconds allocated for pre-game team preview and a 45-second time limit per turn.

and for Competition:
    Online Competition Rules

• The battle format will be Double Battle.
    • Eligible Pokémon are those with Pokédex numbers 1–718.
    • Exceptions: You cannot use Pokémon that were brought to Pokémon X or Pokémon Y using the Nintendo 3DS downloadable software Poké Transporter, nor can you use Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Xerneas, Yveltal, or Zygarde.
    • All Pokémon will automatically have their levels set to Lv. 30 during the battles.

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Hmm. I don't get it why egg moves are big no no to be carry along to X / Y? While certain attack/move in the Transfer only list be carry over, does it mean that <X MOVE> will be deleted and have blank spot for move that pokemon learn

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back