• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Which stats should I focus on for Aromatisse? I initially was going to go with attacking stats (it has really low speed so I am teaching it Gyro Ball but because it's a physical attack I was planning on EV training it's Att as well as Sp Att in order to keep it's attacks high) HOWEVER, since it has Healer, I was also thinking of teaching it Heal Pulse so that it can heal it's allies in battle and if I went that route, I should go with Ev training both Defenses. I'm just not sure which route to go. I will definitely be teaching it Gyro Ball and Heal Pulse, those are definites, I'm just not sure if I should focus on boosting it's attacks or Defense. (If I went with boositng it's attacks, I would also teach it Draining Kiss instead of a stronger Fairy move just so that it could heal itself in order to last longer, whereas if I went with raising it's defenses it probably wouldn't be strong enough for Draining Kiss to heal it very much.) I'm just stumped. Thoughts would be great!

Years
  • I would like to know my safari Pokemon type

Hey guys I would like to know my safari type Pokemon
    Add me in-game so I would know

Thanks
    P.s: friend code in my signature

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    Which stats should I focus on for Aromatisse? I initially was going to go with attacking stats (it has really low speed so I am teaching it Gyro Ball but because it's a physical attack I was planning on EV training it's Att as well as Sp Att in order to keep it's attacks high) HOWEVER, since it has Healer, I was also thinking of teaching it Heal Pulse so that it can heal it's allies in battle and if I went that route, I should go with Ev training both Defenses. I'm just not sure which route to go. I will definitely be teaching it Gyro Ball and Heal Pulse, those are definites, I'm just not sure if I should focus on boosting it's attacks or Defense. (If I went with boositng it's attacks, I would also teach it Draining Kiss instead of a stronger Fairy move just so that it could heal itself in order to last longer, whereas if I went with raising it's defenses it probably wouldn't be strong enough for Draining Kiss to heal it very much.) I'm just stumped. Thoughts would be great!
    Aromatisse's Atk is horrendous. In Doubles, you are better off with Moonblast or Dazzling Gleam. Even then, Aromatisse is support first, attacking second. Drain Kiss is not so potent because Aromatisse is too weak to gain enough HP to survive more hits. You are better off relying on its natural bulk.

Aromatisse @ Leftovers / Sitrus Berry
    Ability: Aroma Veil
    Level: 50
    EVs: 252 HP / 60 SDef / 196 Def
    Relaxed Nature
    IVs: 0 Spd
    - Trick Room
    - Heal Pulse
    - Dazzling Gleam / Moonblast
    - Light Screen /Aromatherapy / Skill Swap

This kind of Armonatisse is never 2HKOed by Mega-Kangaskhan's Fake Out + Return and never 3HKOed by Rotom-W's Hydro Pump after Leftover recovery. You can also invest heavily into SDef instead for Charizard-Y but will cost you its overall bulk.
    Dazzling Gleam is a better move in order to push the 2HKO threshold for a more offensive Trick Room partner. Moonblast in return is able to 2HKO Garchomp on its own.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Aromatisse's Atk is horrendous. In Doubles, you are better off with Moonblast or Dazzling Gleam. Even then, Aromatisse is support first, attacking second. Drain Kiss is not so potent because Aromatisse is too weak to gain enough HP to survive more hits. You are better off relying on its natural bulk.

Aromatisse @ Leftovers / Sitrus Berry
    Ability: Aroma Veil
    Level: 50
    EVs: 252 HP / 60 SDef / 196 Def
    Relaxed Nature
    IVs: 0 Spd
    - Trick Room
    - Heal Pulse
    - Dazzling Gleam / Moonblast
    - Light Screen /Aromatherapy / Skill Swap

This kind of Armonatisse is never 2HKOed by Mega-Kangaskhan's Fake Out + Return and never 3HKOed by Rotom-W's Hydro Pump after Leftover recovery. You can also invest heavily into SDef instead for Charizard-Y but will cost you its overall bulk.
    Dazzling Gleam is a better move in order to push the 2HKO threshold for a more offensive Trick Room partner. Moonblast in return is able to 2HKO Garchomp on its own.

Okay, this moveset seems to not make a lot of sense. Why would you put Skill Swap on it? You're giving the opponent immunity to all mental status. And why would you suggest leftovers over Draining kiss? It's a weaker move sure, but you gain 75% of the damage inflicted, which is more than the 1/16 HP recovery that leftovers recovers, even after multiple turns, and the Sitrus berry only recovers 1/4 of your HP one time. And why invest 252 Evs into Hp rather than both defenses fully maxed? I get more HP = more HP, but if the defenses are maxed, wouldn't you be receiving less damage anyway so it negates the need for higher HP? And more importantly, why strategies for specific singular pokemon, wouldn't it be much more beneficial to have a strategy against specific types (specifically steel, poison and fire types two of which Aromatisse is weak to and the third can only do half damage to since there's only one singular attack, rather than leaving myself grossly unprepared by building up a pokmeon for singular opponents just to discover that those opponents aren't actually being used?) I think your movesets may need more explanation, which I would really appreciate. They're not that obvious on their own sometimes. Thank you very much for your reply though

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    Why would you put Skill Swap on it? You're giving the opponent immunity to all mental status.
    You shouldn't Skill Swap this awesome ability onto your opponent, that would be silly; you are going to swap it to your ally. Do not forget that you are able to target your own guys.

And why would you suggest leftovers over Draining kiss? It's a weaker move sure, but you gain 75% of the damage inflicted, which is more than the 1/16 HP recovery that leftovers recovers, even after multiple turns, and the Sitrus berry only recovers 1/4 of your HP one time.
    Leftovers and Sitrus Berries are passive, Draining Kiss requires you to move. Fake Out is a very common move in Doubles, so you are very likely to be Faked Out and to be double targeted. Aromatisse's strength is that it does not need to carry Mental Herbs in order to prevent Taunt so that you are able to survive deadlier shots with the aid of another item. Also, even when Draining Kiss is healing 75% of the damage it still is dealing pitiful damage, thus the healing is neglegtible.

Also, this set is made with at least Leftovers in mind. When you don't use a HP recovery item, Kangaskhan has a chance of 2HKOing your Aromatisse. Doubles are very fast paced, so Sitrus Berries actually are very powerful. It is equal to four turns of Leftover recovery, don't underestimate it.

And why invest 252 Evs into Hp rather than both defenses fully maxed? I get more HP = more HP, but if the defenses are maxed, wouldn't you be receiving less damage anyway so it negates the need for higher HP? And more importantly, why strategies for specific singular pokemon, wouldn't it be much more beneficial to have a strategy against specific types (specifically steel, poison and fire types two of which Aromatisse is weak to and the third can only do half damage to since there's only one singular attack, rather than leaving myself grossly unprepared by building up a pokmeon for singular opponents just to discover that those opponents aren't actually being used?) I think your movesets may need more explanation, which I would really appreciate. They're not that obvious on their own sometimes. Thank you very much for your reply though
    In metagaming you gear your Pokemon for the most common and poweful Pokemon you can expect. Kangaskhan is one of the most common and powerful neutral hits you will take in the entire game, it is natural to take her as a threshold. Incidentally, you also survive CB Scizor's Bullet Punch, so we definitely have done something right. Don't even try to match Mega-Mawile, it definitely overkills you. We hope that makes sense for you: If you survive the stongest Pokemon, you will survive the weaker ones as well. As for the weaknesses, you have teammates; use them. Aromatisse is a support Pokemon first, especially in regards of Trick Room.
    When making a good EV spread you need to be very conservative with points. Try to utilise the least amount of points in order to accomplish a certain goal. Aromatisse definitely wants to survive Mega-Kangaskhan and a few rounds of Rotom-W so that is the most efficient spread we have found. You can also try not to be 2HKOed by Charizard-Y's Heat Wave in sun but doing that hurts your physical bulk a lot and it is still easier to deal with than Kangaskhan (Rock Slide).

To be frank, we don't know how to assess your understanding of the metagame, therefore we have been a bit vary with too much exposition (expecting you to be an expert). This is the shortest way we can explain Aromatisse without writing a full-blown analysis.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    ^In addition to this, it's generally good practise to max out HP first and then distribute the rest rather than maxing out both Defense and Special Defense. Boosting HP is effectively the same as boosting both defenses simultaneously, with the added bonus of helping to deal with fixed damage moves like Seismic Toss. It's not always the best strategy, but it's a good rule of thumb.

EDIT: This is only for a defensive build, of course :P

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    ^In addition to this, it's generally good practise to max out HP first and then distribute the rest rather than maxing out both Defense and Special Defense.
    A good rule of thum indeed, just don't forget the exceptions. The Def to HP difference of Hariyama is so big that you save tons of points by investing in the respective defense stats instead of HP. 84 Def / 116 SDef accomplish the same as 228 HP / 36 SDef while saving 64 EVs. Same with Blisseys Def.

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
    Years
  • Hey guys,
    so I have begun to start to try and breed shiny Eevees (Espeon and Umbreon are two of my favourite pokemon). As far as I understand the best way to breed shinys is too:
    Have both parents from different countries
    Not use a Ditto
    Tip the NPC through out the game
    I am not sure if all of these are true, so I thought I would ask you guys what you know about the topic.
    Thanks,
    Dodo Hunter...

There are a few corrections to this.

It's fine if you use a Ditto and there's no use of tipping the NPC's throughout the game.

Hope this helps.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2014
    Just wondering, is it possible to get a 6IV Adamant Extremespeed Linoone? I know it only came from the Pokemon Box game back on the gamecube, and was unsure due to my lack of knowledge in the way Gen 3 calculated IV's and Natures and the such. Thanks :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Just wondering, is it possible to get a 6IV Adamant Extremespeed Linoone? I know it only came from the Pokemon Box game back on the gamecube, and was unsure due to my lack of knowledge in the way Gen 3 calculated IV's and Natures and the such. Thanks :)

The Nature is random (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_Box_Ruby_&_Sapphire#100_Pok.C3.A9mon_from_one_game) and so are the IVs as far as I know, so it's definitely possible. However, I don't think there's any way of soft resetting to re-generate the Nature and IVs, since they're set in stone as soon as it's transferred over from Pokemon Box, so it would be very difficult to get one. You could keep sending them over by erasing the Pokemon Box save file and doing it again, but this would take a very long time. If you find one, it likely wasn't legitimately obtained.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    Firstly, it is almost impossible to generate 6-flawless Pokemon without breeding (we RNG them with an emulator and frame display tools, so we think we are qualified to say that). Secondly, 3rd gen Wonder Card style RNG abuse is to date not possible. Any flawless ES-Zigzagoon or Poké-Channel Jirachi is almost certain to be a hack.

We take back the almost; we have gone though the frame list again and there actually aren't any flawless spreads.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2014
    Firstly, it is almost impossible to generate 6-flawless Pokemon without breeding (we RNG them with an emulator and frame display tools, so we think we are qualified to say that). Secondly, 3rd gen Wonder Card style RNG abuse is to date not possible. Any flawless ES-Zigzagoon or Poké-Channel Jirachi is almost certain to be a hack.

We take back the almost; we have gone though the frame list again and there actually aren't any flawless spreads.

Thank you very much :) Just out of curiosity, are there any salvageable spreads possible with an Adamant Nature?

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2015
    Breeding Methods?

So I was wondering if you guys have any like specific type of breeding method, because I've seen so many people getting Pokemon with 5IVs.
    So if you guys have a way that always works for you, I would love to know what it is. :)

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • There's some nifty exploits regarding Friend Safari Dittos (which are guaranteed at least 3 perfect IVs) and the Destiny Knot (which passes down five IV values from the parent instead of the usual three).

Still takes a ton of patience though. :/

ZettaSlowbro

Veteran
    Years
  • I basically catch a handful of [male, or ditto] Pokemon from the friend safari that can breed with [the female species] that I want to have 5 perfect ivs (they're ganteed at least 2 perferct ivs, and there's something close to less than a 1 in 31 chance it'll have 3 perfect) from there I give the poke with the good ivs a destiny knot and the other an ever stone so i can get the nature I want. from there i wait until i get an off spring [female] with the 2-3 ivs then pair that one with another male with different perfect ivs and from there I rinse and repeat until i get all 5 onto a Pokemon.

Also, I'd like to add to speed thing up I use the hatching power and a Talonflame w/ flame body & fly to hatch eggs quicker and to fly to check the IVs
    A more in depth guide can be found on nugget bridge found here: http://nuggetbridge.com/breeding/breeding-perfect-pokemon-x-y/

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    So I was wondering if you guys have any like specific type of breeding method, because I've seen so many people getting Pokemon with 5IVs.
    So if you guys have a way that always works for you, I would love to know what it is. :)

The quickest method by far is explained in this guide: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=321336#eggtrick
    It's overlooked by many because it seems complicated, but once you've learned it it saves you a lot of time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back