• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A Thread v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I need some help for a move decision for chimecho! First off, before people make move set suggestions, I already have a main battle chimecho, this one was born shiny and since I needed to use an incense, it was also born Bold so instead of a battle pokemon, I made this one into a support pokemon. It has heal pulse, recover, skill swap and entrainment. I want to get rid of one of the last two moves to put on heal bell but I am having the hardest time deciding which, mainly because I am leaning toward entrainment but since that's a ore evolution move, once it's gone it's gone forever. (Skill swap is an egg move, so I can relearn that whenever)

I am primarily using it when paired with Slaking to get rid of Truant and while I know you can use skill swap and entrainment to give a bad ability to opponents, but I really want heal bell! And sadly, entrainment doesn't work on slaking to get rid of truant, only skill swap does and also skill swap is handy to give other team mates the levitate ability but I don't know! Once I get rid of entrainment I can't get it back so please someone help me decide which to get rid of! Thank you!

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    I basically asked the same question in my introduction thread. I think a lot of the replay value of Pokemon comes from breeding, trading and raising new Pokemon for competitive battling. If you aren't into that then yeah I'd say once you're tired of the story feel free to buy whichever game you want! Personally, I'm shiny hunting and training in my version of Y until Sun/Moon comes up. ORAS didn't look so spectacular to me and I think I'm gonna pass.

PS friend safari is pretty cool. You can register your friends and visit their "safari". Each friend will have a specific type set to their safari, as well as three different Pokemon you can catch of that type in it. I think to be able to see all three you have to have both been online at the same time (at some point) and have beaten the Champion. I can help you with it if you want, you're gonna need someone to tell you what your safari type is.

Thanks for the reply man. Breeding = daycare right? I can't be bothered with that. Too long, too much walking around, too little payoff for some pokemon hatching at Lv1 with a cool move.

What is "competitive battling"? Could someone give me a run down on what that is? Is that in-game? Or is it the wifi battles where all your pokemon are set to Lv50? Or is it like Smogon?

I must have some sort of setting messed up on my 3DS cos I can't seem to get friends? Only acquaintances..? How to fix?

stzy

the battlefield got weird.
    Years
    Thanks for the reply man. Breeding = daycare right? I can't be bothered with that. Too long, too much walking around, too little payoff for some pokemon hatching at Lv1 with a cool move.

What is "competitive battling"? Could someone give me a run down on what that is? Is that in-game? Or is it the wifi battles where all your pokemon are set to Lv50? Or is it like Smogon?

I must have some sort of setting messed up on my 3DS cos I can't seem to get friends? Only acquaintances..? How to fix?

Well the breeding is how you get perfect Pokemon, which matters if your gonna battle. I think competitive battling is just wifi battling? I could be wrong, I'm not into it either.

And to register friends you have to do it through your 3DS home screen, its orange icon. You can register through internet or locally.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I need some help for a move decision for chimecho! First off, before people make move set suggestions, I already have a main battle chimecho, this one was born shiny and since I needed to use an incense, it was also born Bold so instead of a battle pokemon, I made this one into a support pokemon. It has heal pulse, recover, skill swap and entrainment. I want to get rid of one of the last two moves to put on heal bell but I am having the hardest time deciding which, mainly because I am leaning toward entrainment but since that's a ore evolution move, once it's gone it's gone forever. (Skill swap is an egg move, so I can relearn that whenever)

I am primarily using it when paired with Slaking to get rid of Truant and while I know you can use skill swap and entrainment to give a bad ability to opponents, but I really want heal bell! And sadly, entrainment doesn't work on slaking to get rid of truant, only skill swap does and also skill swap is handy to give other team mates the levitate ability but I don't know! Once I get rid of entrainment I can't get it back so please someone help me decide which to get rid of! Thank you!
    I would say Entrainment. Skill Swap can also swap abilities between Chimecho and your opponent's Pokemon (so you could pull Truant off of Slaking with SS, then place Truant on one of your opponent's 'mons).

If that's enough reason for you to give up Entrainment permanently on that particular Chimecho.

Competitive battling is both Smogon/Showdown battles and WiFi battles. They're simply different formats is all. If you want to learn more, there's a link in my sig that may or may not be of use, and/or you can check out our battling section.

People registered as acquaintances are those that are not registered in your 3DS friends list but you have traded/battled with before. In order to have people be on your friends list and show up in the friends section on the PSS, you have to register their friend code on your 3DS and they have to register yours in theirs.

X/Y honestly has very little post game content. Once you've become the champion there's only:
    -Looker Bureau side quest
    -Capture Mewtwo, Zygarde, and whatever Kanto legendary bird shows ups for you
    -Battle Maison
    -complete the PokeDex
    -collect all the mega stones

Howmander could tell you more really.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    Thanks! Clearly Gold/Silver/Crystal was the best for post-game... it was so cool popping over to Kanto to do that map. I should play that again.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2016
    Charizard X help

I got a dumb niave charmander from the scientist dude should I train IVs 252 atk and speed or transfer a charmander I have on or that knows dragon dance and outrage but is hardy nature I don't know which to choose I can't breed a good charizard this early in the game lmk please and thank you

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I got a dumb niave charmander from the scientist dude should I train IVs 252 atk and speed or transfer a charmander I have on or that knows dragon dance and outrage but is hardy nature I don't know which to choose I can't breed a good charizard this early in the game lmk please and thank you
    If this is just for in-game either one is fine, you don't exactly need the *best* stuff to do in-game

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I know, but i want the Coin Amulet back isnt there any way?

But thanks anyways!

and by the way: is that alex turner on the right of you picture?

Ah... its the Puppets! Nice I love the new album, pattern is one of my favorites after first listenings.

Thanks again for the help

Perhaps we could try requesting an Amulet Coin in the trade forums? Somebody might be willing to give on to us.

Anyhow, I'll go ahead and merge this thread with XY Q&A, as that's where questions like this belong.

Merged.

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
    Thanks! Clearly Gold/Silver/Crystal was the best for post-game... it was so cool popping over to Kanto to do that map. I should play that again.

I dont really count kanto as post game but the second half of the game the only thing that is considrd post game in GSC is red and mt silver

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Am in the process of breeding Shieldon and was initially going with Relaxed (because it will have Metal Burst) but would a sassy nature be better? It doesn't numerically boost its Sp Def as much as it's Def (37 points vs 43 points, respectively) but I am just wondering if it would be better in the long run to have those extra points in Sp Def instead of Def? (regardless of nature, both defenses are getting full Evs)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I believe Shieldon is naturally more powerful in terms of Defense; I wouldn't worry about that. If it were me, I'd likely put a little more care on Special Defense.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2016
    Need some advice on breeding a pokemon

I have a Growlithe with 4 perfect IVs, but I need one with a different nature and ability, but with the same IVs. Also, would it be possible to get another perfect IV stat too?

stzy

Years
    I have a Growlithe with 4 perfect IVs, but I need one with a different nature and ability, but with the same IVs. Also, would it be possible to get another perfect IV stat too?

Are you asking for someone to trade you? I think there's a different thread for that. You'll probably get a reply a lot faster there :) If you're asking if it's actually *possible* then yes, you can get Pokemon with perfect IVs in all 6 stats :) hope I helped you!

stzy

Years
    Sorry for double post, but...
    ... does anyone know how much the Shiny Charm increased your chance of finding shinies? Is it really worth say 600+ hours of catching and trading?

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    Sorry for double post, but...
    ... does anyone know how much the Shiny Charm increased your chance of finding shinies? Is it really worth say 600+ hours of catching and trading?
    Supposedly it increases your odds of finding a shiny to 1/2730. I have read things from people elsewhere that even with the shiny charm, your chances of finding a shiny still depend on how lucky you are and how much time you dedicate to searching for one.

Does any one have HA goldeen / Seaking ?
    You should check out the Trade Corner and see what people have.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    Does anyone know where you can truly find Brick Break? Serebii says to find in terminus cave, but when I search for the floor, they only give information about Shadow ball and not Brick Break. I was wondering if anyone knows where you can find it from a true source. :/

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back