• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2013
    Is my froakie's nature timid and its characteristic is highly curious good or bad? Since this is a question and answer thread

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2013
    Thanks. Oh so the highly curious is a sub par characteristic than the mischevous one. What would be a good nature+characteristic on froakie?

Years
  • Thanks. Oh so the highly curious is a sub par characteristic than the mischevous one. What would be a good nature+characteristic on froakie?

Yes, but Mischievous is 31 IVs on SpAtk, but it can also be 26 or 0

I guess Timid then Mischievous would be good

----------------

Does your friend need to be online in order for you to go inside the safari?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Is my froakie's nature timid and its characteristic is highly curious good or bad? Since this is a question and answer thread

Froakie is focused more around its Speed, and Timid takes away a little of its Attack to give a boost to its Speed stat. So, yes, Timid would definitely be a good nature for it. :) Just make sure not to teach it any physical-based moves though, since Timid makes their power a little weaker. Special attacks, however, would be perfectly fine. As for its characteristic, I have to agree with TrainerNico on that one—it has to be Mischievous. Well, it doesn't actually have to be, but you always have to make sure that you have a good characteristic. Otherwise, it may end up affecting your stats in a negative way.

Reactions: Sun
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2013
    What do you mean by 0 26 31? Rather than timid+mischevous trait whats is a good alternative nature and characteristic, currently my froakie has timid+often dozes off(nods of alot)combination

level 5
    hp 20
    attack 9
    defense 9
    Spec Attk 11
    Spec Def 9
    Speed 13

when it turned ito level 6

hp 22
    attack 10
    def 10
    spec attack 13
    spec def 10
    speed 15

Last edited:

Natsu Dragneel

Fire Dragon Slayer
    Years
  • Anyone Found Gen III Fossils yet? been rock smashing for one hour and still nothing :X

nevermind

someone told me that

Gen I fossils are for Y
    Gen III Fossils are for X

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    i heard to get the mega ring upgrade you have to capture mewtwo and show him to the prof. what if you accidently (them damn crits) make mewtwo faint does it return?

Years
  • What do you mean by 0 26 31? Rather than timid+mischevous trait whats is a good alternative nature and characteristic, currently my froakie has timid+often dozes off(nods of alot)combination

level 5
    hp 20
    attack 9
    defense 9
    Spec Attk 11
    Spec Def 9
    Speed 13

when it turned ito level 6

hp 22
    attack 10
    def 10
    spec attack 13
    spec def 10
    speed 15

The numbers that I mentioned are hidden numbers, you can calcuate them accurately at around lvl 50 are 100. Marriland's calculator is the most accurate one IMO

Vsjester13

Former battler
    Years
  • i heard to get the mega ring upgrade you have to capture mewtwo and show him to the prof. what if you accidently (them damn crits) make mewtwo faint does it return?

Getting the upgrade has nothing to do with Mewtwo, all you have to do is do 1 battle in the battle maison then your rival appers at the top of kiloude city, battle them then you can get the upgrade.

Years
  • Is there anywhere I can check my Pokémon's happiness before a certain point? Because i'm playing through Y now, and I have a Budew at Level 18 that I desperately want to evolve at Level 19 so it'll learn Magical Leaf as a Roselia. I already missed Leech Seed, so I want to figure out if there's any way to know if i'm close. I've done some Pokémon-Amie stuff, and it keeps saying we're close and I spent a lot of time with it, but I feel it doesn't really help much.

I've made it to Ambrette Town, by the way, and skipped most of the trainers in the routes on the way to it for that reason.

Red Viper

Pokémon Collector
    Years
  • Is there anywhere I can check my Pokémon's happiness before a certain point? Because i'm playing through Y now, and I have a Budew at Level 18 that I desperately want to evolve at Level 19 so it'll learn Magical Leaf as a Roselia. I already missed Leech Seed, so I want to figure out if there's any way to know if i'm close. I've done some Pokémon-Amie stuff, and it keeps saying we're close and I spent a lot of time with it, but I feel it doesn't really help much.

I've made it to Ambrette Town, by the way, and skipped most of the trainers in the routes on the way to it for that reason.
    There is a woman at Laverre City at the Pokémon Fan Club who will say how happy your Pokémon is.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2014
    anyone know how to get in touch with support for pokemon everytime i close my 3ds while playing pokemon and open it again the screen just goes black

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I've been at a dead end deciding on a name for my trainer for a few days... It usually is either Luigi or Severus, but, I cannot choose, I want to know if you can make your trainer look more like Snape or Luigi... (No spoilers) then I might have some idea of what I want to chose for the name... Could you please help me with a choice?

(My trainer in Z will get the opposite name).

You probably don't want to hear this, but what about just naming him after yourself? Every character I've ever had was named Will, like me
    This.

Also, here's another option for you. Name yourself Severus (or Luigi) and then you can use the other name as your nickname. In the games, you're allowed a nickname by your friends, so it's kind of like having the best of both worlds!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Is there anywhere I can check my Pokémon's happiness before a certain point? Because i'm playing through Y now, and I have a Budew at Level 18 that I desperately want to evolve at Level 19 so it'll learn Magical Leaf as a Roselia. I already missed Leech Seed, so I want to figure out if there's any way to know if i'm close. I've done some Pokémon-Amie stuff, and it keeps saying we're close and I spent a lot of time with it, but I feel it doesn't really help much.

In addition to what Red Viper said, there are two kind of happiness in Pokémon X and Y. One is Amie happiness, and the other is the regular, old-fashioned happiness which increases over time when you win battles with your Pokémon. Make sure not to mix up the two. d: If you're planning to raise your Budew's regular happiness without having it battle too much, then you make it hold onto a Soothe Bell. If you're not sure how to get a hold of the Soothe Bell, then you should first fly yourself to Shalour City. Once you're there, you'll be able to find two house on the left side of the Pokémon Center. There should be an old lady in one of these houses, and if you talk to her, she'll say a few words about happiness and check the first Pokémon on your party. If it likes you, then she'll immediately reward you with a Soothe Bell. (:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Thanks, but it's still a ways before I get to either of those areas. I already got my Budew to evolve, anyway (I did some roller blading back and forth between Camphrier Town and the entrance to the Connecting Cave in addition to some Pokémon-Amie, and got it to evolve at Level 19 after accidentally running into a Youngster who could only be fought with Cut).

I.T.

The Pokémon Cartel
    Years
  • Is there anyway Blastoise can learn the moves Dragon Pulse or Dark Pulse without having to breed it? I really don't feel like breeding a Squirtle and then having to raise it 30+ levels again and EV train it again too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back