• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
  • Unable to decide on a good name for my trainer... HELP!

I've been at a dead end deciding on a name for my trainer for a few days... It usually is either Luigi or Severus, but, I cannot choose, I want to know if you can make your trainer look more like Snape or Luigi... (No spoilers) then I might have some idea of what I want to chose for the name... Could you please help me with a choice?

(My trainer in Z will get the opposite name).

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
    Years
  • You probably don't want to hear this, but what about just naming him after yourself? Every character I've ever had was named Will, like me

UnderMybrella

Wandering Programmer
    Years
  • Probably gonna sound stupid, but how do you trade with people on your 3DS's friend list? None of my friends are showing up (And I CAN confirm that they have X/Y)

ProjectMisfit

The fear of an inconceivable ending.
    Years
  • I believe I already know the answer, but is the dream world taken out on X/Y? I was excited for the GL website, but it seems rather.. uh, not so good without dream world.

Also, is the game going to get patched at all? I've noticed some things that should be patched. Like, the pooch pokemon. You put it in the PC and it takes the customization off. Plus the game crashing bug in the big city. I was also hoping they would add waterfall sound in the city with all the waterfalls. But that's not really an issue, just something small. xD

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Hey guys got another quick question. And thanks for the people who answered me about how to enable to ability to find hidden ones, but now I have a new question about Mega Stones.

Can you get more than one of the same Mega Stone in game? I want to get all the Mega Stones on one game, but I know people who have the other ones that I can't get will want to trade for the ones they can't get. So just wondering again, can we get more than one of the same Mega Stone in a single game to trade them to get the others?

Also to make a note, I do not have a 2nd 3DS and do not have Y. I only have X

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hey guys got another quick question. And thanks for the people who answered me about how to enable to ability to find hidden ones, but now I have a new question about Mega Stones.

Can you get more than one of the same Mega Stone in game? I want to get all the Mega Stones on one game, but I know people who have the other ones that I can't get will want to trade for the ones they can't get. So just wondering again, can we get more than one of the same Mega Stone in a single game to trade them to get the others?

Also to make a note, I do not have a 2nd 3DS and do not have Y. I only have X

Given that Mega Stones are like any normal held item, I guess you can have more than one of the same Mega Stone if you manage to trade a few over that is. So I'll take this one as a yes.

Years
  • I've been heavily researching confirmed movesets (egg moves, TM, past moves) for pokemon. Mainly for competitive battling :)

Anyways,

I haven't gotten far enough in the game yet but, does the move relearner teach any of a Pokemon's egg moves?

The reason I ask is because I would like my Scrafty to have both Ice Punch & Drain Punch.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Probably gonna sound stupid, but how do you trade with people on your 3DS's friend list? None of my friends are showing up (And I CAN confirm that they have X/Y)

If you're online and ready for some quick battling or trading, then you should be able to find everyone that are on your friends list at the bottom screen. If they are on the server at the same time as you are, then you should be able to interact with them quite easily. And if they're not, then I guess you'll just have to be a little patient and wait for them to log in. d: Also, before you do anything online-related, make sure that your connection's working all right. If it isn't, then you may end up facing a variety of issues.

I believe I already know the answer, but is the dream world taken out on X/Y? I was excited for the GL website, but it seems rather..
    uh, not so good without dream world.
    Also, is the game going to get patched at all? I've noticed some things that should be patched. Like, the pooch pokemon. You put it in
    the PC and it takes the customization off. Plus the game crashing bug in the big city. I was also hoping they would add waterfall sound
    in the city with all the waterfalls. But that's not really an issue, just something small. xD

The games are most likely going to get a patch. :) X and Y have a lot of bugs and glitches at the moment, and I don't think they'd ever let those slide. And unfortunately, Dream World isn't available in Pokémon X and Y. It was made exclusively for the fifth-gen. games, and since they're kind of outdated now, there's really not much point in having it around. Personally, I wasn't such a huge fan of the whole Dream World concept—thought it was a bit redundant. xD

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2013
    How do I progress past the guy that stops you in the Lost Hotel?

"I believe you hav to use roller blades constantly to get access. In Lumiose City, there's a girl with roller blades in a yellow outfit where you hav to learn a move called back flip from her. After that you gotta learn another move called spin or wtever in Laverre City. I'm not sure if my answer is correct but when you passed the punk what you get in there is a roller blade move called cosmic backflip hence I assume its related to roller blade skills."

https://pokemondb.net/pokebase/163148/how-do-you-enter-the-last-bit-of-the-lost-hotel-pokemon-x-y

Mesty

The Joker
    Years
  • "I believe you hav to use roller blades constantly to get access. In Lumiose City, there's a girl with roller blades in a yellow outfit where you hav to learn a move called back flip from her. After that you gotta learn another move called spin or wtever in Laverre City. I'm not sure if my answer is correct but when you passed the punk what you get in there is a roller blade move called cosmic backflip hence I assume its related to roller blade skills."

Hmm thanks for the info, so there really isn't much to get there?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back