• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2014
    you gotta use your DS, and in you gotta go for a jog or shake it till you have 4000 steps...Once you get the 4000 steps you regen the energy faster...its GF's intent to promote Healthy lifestyle...go out for a 20 min jog with your ds you should get a good 3000 steps....or just be lazy and sit there for 45 mins and shake your ds

this is the only way to regen faster lol.

WOW! That is amazing! Thanks a lot!

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    SO I have two eggs I got and they both say "they don't seem to be hatching anytime soon." after I walked around for about 5 minutes straight. Any idea why? Also anyone know what Pokemon could come from these because I don't. One egg is from a Charizard and a Dragonair and the other was Dragonair and Gible.

Different Species have different steps to hatch, the easiest one to hatch would be Magikarp. :)
    Try to have a Pokemon with the Ability Magma Armor or Flame Body, like Camerupt, Fletchinder, Litwick, Slugma etc...
    It will make Eggs easier to hatch, and you need patience as well. ;)
    (Note: Effect will not stack up if multiple Pokémon with Magma Armor are in the party, nor will it stack up if a Pokémon with Flame Body, which also has a similar effect, is in the party.)

It depends the mother of the Egg. If the mother of the Egg is Charizard offspring will be Charmander, if it's a Dragonair then the kid would be Dratini and so on.

Mesty

The Joker
    Years
    Okay thanks, I'm pretty sure the mother was Dragonair. Kinda odd though with those Pokemon.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    It's not there. The only item on that route is on a ledge somewhere I can't get to.

Here's your Sun Stone location.
    X/Y Quick Q&A

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    is there any way to get a tyranitar to learn stealth rock?

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
    Pichu and other 'love love' evolutions

Stupid creature, koff~

Have the parameters changed on how Pichu evolves from it's lowly form to Pikachu? I've toyed with it in the Pokemon Amie, fed it, pet it, walked around with it and got full hearts, filled it's stomach and had full enjoyment. Why the hell doesn't it evolve? I've tried this not once, not twice, but three times. It's already level 11 and by that time it's almost to late to recover from it's horrid stats! How does it evolve now? Did something change? Is it just me or have others had issues with the 'touchy-feely' evolutions? This is really an issue, as I hate having to cart this thing around only to have it suck up too much of my Pokemon gaming time, koffi~

Years
    i'm not sure, actually.
    i evolved two eevees into umbreon and espeon, but i didn't have all 5 hearts in pokemon-amie.
    try giving him a soothe bell? fight with him some, find the massage lady?
    i'm not sure why he hasn't evolved yet. o vo;; strange

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Pokemon Amie doesn't add to the friendship system, so don't bother wasting your time with it. Try massaging it, giving it a Soothe Bell and level it up from there.

Reactions: Sun

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
    I also thought with (and you're right) it's happiness raised to the FULLEST, Pichu also evolves at earliest around LV:30 into a Pikachu. I had a Pichu trained in Emerald for example, with full happiness, walked around with it, Soothe Bell etc. etc. but it did evolve until it was at Lv:30.

I learned this when I was into these games alot, that those baby Pokemon also need happiness maxed and still evolve around Lv:30 and not at Lv:20 for example. Because this was the method in previous Gens, I think it might still be the same in this one. Anyway, you did a good job and good luck with your Pichu, I really hope it will evolve sooner than Lv:30 though since you've put alot of effort in making it happy ^_^

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I also thought with (and you're right) it's happiness raised to the FULLEST, Pichu also evolves at earliest around LV:30 into a Pikachu. I had a Pichu trained in Emerald for example, with full happiness, walked around with it, Soothe Bell etc. etc. but it did evolve until it was at Lv:30.

I learned this when I was into these games alot, that those baby Pokemon also need happiness maxed and still evolve around Lv:30 and not at Lv:20 for example. Because this was the method in previous Gens, I think it might still be the same in this one. Anyway, you did a good job and good luck with your Pichu, I really hope it will evolve sooner than Lv:30 though since you've put alot of effort in making it happy ^_^
    False. There's no set level for a Pokemon that requires max happiness to evolve, all it needs is just that. If your Pichu evolved at 30, then that means it only reached full happiness at that points. There are factors that actually negatively impacts your Pokemon's happiness, such as the usage of some items, but the main culprit is fainting. Levelling up gives some happiness points but that could take long, so I recommend using other things that factor into the happiness value; mainly usage of vitamins and messaging.

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    How do I upgrade the Mega Ring?

after you beat the E4, you have to beat your rival in kiloude city.

after that she'll tell you where to meet the prof. and he'll upgrade it (i forgot the name of the town he's in...its the one with the big crystal)

Towerizer

Alcoholic Renegade
    Years
    ev/iv training question

i never delve into this feature but i have a little knowledge on it, but today i hatched a squirtle that had all 6 in it's base stats, is this a perfect breed? please let me know, thank you.

Yuuto

Community Helper~
    Years
    It's impossible to tell at level 1. (Unless you go to the IV guy in the Pokecenter in Kiloude City and he tells you they're perfect.)

The best method to tell exactly what your IVs are is to get 4 Rare Candies, save, then use them on the Pokemon. Once done, use an IV calculator (I use Marriland's) and enter the stats at level 1 and the stats at level 5 (as well as the nature and so on). If you want the rare candies back, reset the system without saving once you know what it's IVs are. IVs are hard to make perfect and you most likely don't have a perfect Squirtle there. (Sorry to say)

EVs are an entirely different thing altogether and you have the power to manipulate those how you want as long as you train them properly and know what you're doing. When you're breeding, all you're worrying about is the IVs. Once you're happy with your IVs, then you start EV training. There are several guides on the matter and it's even easier to train a Pokemon's EVs with the Super Trainer now. If you want more help here, let me know.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
    Years
    If i already have a Mega stone from a trade can i still find the same one in the game?
    What i mean:I have Y.I got Heracronite via trade.Will i still be able to get the one in Santalune forest?

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    I've massaged my Pichu, and walk with it around before evolving it. I could get a lvl 2 Pikachu just by evolving him a level after max-ing out my Happiness for him, so She_Delphox, you're wrong.

Happiness and Affection are different categories, a Happiness will last for most generations (It starts from the Pikachu in Pokemon Yellow), whilst Affection falls under the Poke-Amie, which might not exist after this generation (Like the Beauty Contest's stuffs in RSE).

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
    You can go to the shops by taxi or with Alexa's help in her own press.

I'll answer some of your question
    • To delete an Acquaintance: Press their icon > Press the bottom left button from touch screen.
    • Pokemiles answer:

• If you have your style maxed, you will be able to see the mystery man who's giving out O-Power in Café Introversion. In others words, if you do not see him, your style is uh... not at max yet. :P
    • You get Egg Moves by breeding, for example Budew is unable to learn Leaf Storm naturally, but if the Budew's father knows it then the Budew will inherit it.
    • Tipping for Shiny is not verified yet, but I do tips. Just in case the mechanic turns out to be real! {XD}
    • Breeding Shiny does not inherit the "Shininess", well it did like In Gen II. :/
    • Have either parent attached with Everstone, then the offspring will inherit the Nature of its parent.

Do you happen to know which shop? I have visited most and none seem to have the elixir or ether.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back