• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    its only playable on the 3ds
    "Offering you additional variety and value in your handheld gaming options, the Nintendo 2DS is a streamlined version of the Nintendo 3DS that will play games available for Nintendo 3DS, as well as Nintendo DS in 2D."

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • The only difference between the 3DS and 2DS that I'm aware of, besides the big change in design, is that the 2DS is strictly 2D. So you won't be able to see anything in 3D. It's all a matter of how important the 3D is to you and if you don't mind the change in design for the 2DS compared to the 3DS.

Also, 3DS games can be played on the 2DS!

Y2A_Alkis

Been there since day 1.
    Years
  • What!? snapped out of paralyze? I knew pokemon amie would impact the game, but i thought your pokemon would just land an extra critical hit every once and awhile. I will defenately use amie more now
    Yup, and now it just avoided an opponent's Swagger. I don't know if Amie just helps PvE or in PvP, too, but if that is true, it is OP as Tauros cr*p. ;)

New question:
    How do you distinguish the Pumpkaboo sizes? I find it really hard to tell the difference in battle - and I honestly don't want to catch a box full...

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    How do eggs work? Is it based on real world time or played time that they hatch?
    It's based on a predetermined amount of steps you have to walk.

New question:
    How do you distinguish the Pumpkaboo sizes? I find it really hard to tell the difference in battle - and I honestly don't want to catch a box full...
    The supersize has a different cry. The other ones should be pretty easy to differentiate.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Is there a move tutor in this game who can give you moves the Pokemon would not normally get, for example how in previous games Jolteon could be tutored Signal Beam?
    Nope. Those type of Move tutors do not exist until the next installments.

Is there anything like audino was in the fifth gen to help level up?

I haven not found any Audino, but I heard that there are some early in the game. They just are not available through the whole region and none of the New Pokemon as I've seen are EXP Punching Bags.

can someone help me with where the lady that tells you if your pokemon is happy is at? i cant for the life of me remember

The Happiness Checker compliments of Serebii.net

Within the Pokémon Fan Club in Laverre City, there is this girl who will look at the Pokémon in the front of your party. She will tell you how happy it is with various statements. We'll compile a list of the statements shortly. This can be done any number of times throughout the day.

No word on where Moo Moo Milk (or any other cheap potion alternative) is available in the game?

From what I've seen, not really no. Checking Serebii.

Berry Juice can be bought in a small Juice Shop in Lumoise.
    Fresh Water doesn't seem to have a location (May be a "yet")
    Lemonade doesn't seem to have a location (may be a "yet")
    MooMoo Milk can be bought somewhere in Lumoise City.
    Soda Pop doesn't seem to have a location (may be a "yet")

Serebii is still updating with item locations I believe...I can try to skim through my strategy guide I got but I make no promises of posting the info I find anytime soon.

When does Doublade learn King's Shield? What is a good Level to evolve Doublade?

I don't believe Doublade learns it. It may be for Aegislash only and sadly I leveled mine to 70 before evolving it and my brother did so around 60. Neither of ours learned the move so it may have been learned at a level below 60.

How do eggs work? Is it based on real world time or played time that they hatch?

Steps. You take steps in the game (move via d-pad or circular pad). Each Egg has a specific number of steps needed to hatch. This number is halved if you have a Pokemon with Flame Body or Magma Armor.

Do you need a fairy type or can you use something else? And if so, what is a good substitute type?

Not quite sure I understand. Is this to a specific person? If not, you don't need a Fairy type at all. IMO they are all pretty weak and not worth training. I made it through with no trouble at all without using a single fairy type. Heck my Dragons I used decimated any fairy I ran into. Even the Gym leader.

The supersize has a different cry. The other ones should be pretty easy to differentiate.

I didn't know that. I used one Pokemon and compared them to its size. Once you see a few and notice the changes in size compared to your Pokemon its fairly easy to find out if its large or not.

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    Can anyone tell me how much I need to do in Luminose City so I can buy clothes there?

Also I heard shiny encounter rate has increased, can anyone confirm this?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I saw someone at some point ask if TM Breeding was still in the game. According to my Strategy Guide, yes the Father can still pass on the TMs.

Oddly enough, my guide says that only Females can pass on Hidden moves even though we have been told that males can as well.

Just tried to do a trade with my friend and would like others to try and confirm, but apparently you cannot trade Pokemon with HMs now.

Y2A_Alkis

Been there since day 1.
    Years
  • The supersize has a different cry. The other ones should be pretty easy to differentiate.
    I didn't know that. I used one Pokemon and compared them to its size. Once you see a few and notice the changes in size compared to your Pokemon its fairly easy to find out if its large or not.
    Thanks for all this input. I managed to find a super size Pumpkaboo now. The cry is by a large degree noticably deeper than the cry of the three smaller sizes. AND, dunno if that's true for all supersizes, the one I caught held a Miracle Seed :)

KJ

Focus!
    Years
  • so i just won the gym badge in laverre, and team flare is blocking me at the poke ball factory and at the gate walkway. where do i go to next? i feel lost lol

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Can anyone tell me how much I need to do in Luminose City so I can buy clothes there?

Also I heard shiny encounter rate has increased, can anyone confirm this?

My books says a lot of different things. Buying in the shops. Visiting the Cafe's and restaurants, doing the Rich's hotel mini games, PR Videos...it mostly lists these types of things. According to the book, the shop is like on the low end of things that unlock with style...so it shouldn't be that much to do.

As for shiny encounter, I'mma say the rumor is false. All of my friends, myself, and my brother (this is over 30 people in total) have not encountered a single shiny. I can't find any info in my guide book...it may be in the Pokedex which doesn't release for a while. It has no info on tipping people either so I don't know if that plays a part in it.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • What exactly am I supposed to do after the Grass gym? Do I go to the Power Plant? If so, how do I get to it?

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
  • Mega Stone or Amulet coin

With The Mega stones I know sometimes hard to choose to place amulet coin or stone. So do you use the Coin for money or keep the stone to mega evolve?

TheBigMan0706

Monster hunting Snivy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2016
    Flying type trouble

Hello everyone, I recently discovered that my team lacks a flying type. The problem is, I have two flying types that I am considering for my team (caught them). Should I go for the normal flying Dodrio, or train my Noibat so I can evolve it into a Noivern?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back